• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spoiler Thread

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
that we were right and they changed it for the plot of this game, means that the rules and the cannon are arbitrary and only matter as long as the next game needs them to. That nothing set in stone is set in stone because it can be changed at a whim, if they needed them to change for dramatic purposes.
To be fair, that has been how this entire series has operated. The canon is only as canon as the next game or supplemental material, see:
The Force Edge is a memento from Dante's father-- but oh, the memento is actually Rebellion, even though Rebellion only debuted in DMC2 as a non-keepsake.
In DMC3, Rebellion is the keepsake sword, and Force Edge is stuck in the Underworld -- but oh, Rebellion is ALSO a manifestation of Dante's power, which doesn't make any real sense.
Vergil acts as he does in DMC3 without a single hint of having had a son -- but oh, he had one and it was Nero, in DMC4.
Dante made his guns himself, except he didn't, except he did.
Nell died in the novel without ever mentioning a surviving child -- but oh, she had a child, and Nico is her granddaughter, and also Nico's father is from the Order, implied to be Agnus.
Dante unlocks his Devil Trigger from being impaled with his own sword -- but oh, Nero unlocked his by being impaled by Agnus's demons, not the Yamato.
Lady is continually compared to her mother in DMC3, suggesting that Kalina Ann was of Priestess blood and that Arkham got a child with her to exploit that connection -- but oh, Arkham was really the descendant, and Kalina was just a random normal woman.
Berial fights both Nero and Dante, and his only claim to "fame" as it were is that he's the Conqueror of the Fire Hell -- but oh, it turns out he was ruling the actual Underworld by himself after Mundus was defeated, meaning he was a Demon Emperor and no one knew.
Morrison was white when he debuted, and now he's a brotha.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
To be fair, that has been how this entire series has operated. The canon is only as canon as the next game or supplemental material, see:
Vergil acts as he does in DMC3 without a single hint of having had a son -- but oh, he had one and it was Nero, in DMC4.
Nell died in the novel without ever mentioning a surviving child -- but oh, she had a child, and Nico is her granddaughter, and also Nico's father is from the Order, implied to be Agnus.
Dante unlocks his Devil Trigger from being impaled with his own sword -- but oh, Nero unlocked his by being impaled by Agnus's demons, not the Yamato.
Lady is continually compared to her mother in DMC3, suggesting that Kalina Ann was of Priestess blood and that Arkham got a child with her to exploit that connection -- but oh, Arkham was really the descendant, and Kalina was just a random normal woman.
Berial fights both Nero and Dante, and his only claim to "fame" as it were is that he's the Conqueror of the Fire Hell -- but oh, it turns out he was ruling the actual Underworld by himself after Mundus was defeated, meaning he was a Demon Emperor and no one knew.
That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this whole ordeal. I think I'd be less bothered if they didn't try to make all these connections to the other events in previous games, if each one was its own separate soty that didn't need a PhD in DMC cannon from the author.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this whole ordeal. I think I'd be less bothered if they didn't try to make all these connections to the other events in previous games, if each one was its own separate soty that didn't need a PhD in DMC cannon from the author.
That's my issue. They're 15+ years too late to be connecting all the games and stories in them together and pretending they're all cohesive. It takes a ground-up rewrite to make everything make sense.

Kishido

Hunter

Wait what? Where was this said?

Methix

The whole Rebellion stuff makes no sense... Same goes for the Yamato splitting.

And what role has the Sparda Sword with this. You can't tell me Sparda has foreseen all this

And the demon sword Dante is strange as well... Why Vergil hasn't got a demon sword Vergil?
Because vergil has yamato and it is different it is for opening portals, and it splits humanuty from demon if you are a hybrid, idk what rebellion does but w/e

We got to also remember vergil was always ahead of dante in terms of unlocking his power all the way up until dmc3 when vergil stabbed him with rebellion then dante caught up to him and were equals, when vergil became nelo angelo, again, in dmc 1 he seems to have the edge on dante but dante somehow won so i would say vergil was slightly stronger than dante in dmc 1, but dante won, the stronger person doesnt always win the fight. Then after vergil got defeated as nelo angelo , he didint die, but he was broken, and his body was broken and crumbling well the human side was anyway, and that is why he used yamato to seperate himself cause he was dying, and his demom side became stronger throughout the game, from latching onto the tree sucking the blood then eating the fruit, and you would also say his human side, experienced ****, idk if it got stronger, but when they rejoined back together vergil was restored to his former self and he would have gotten a massive power boost form one his time as urizen become stronger getting the blood from people the tree was killing 2 eating the fruit which is a massive powerboost, that + recombineing with his human self, when that happened resored him completley, and i think he finally realize, since he got beaten as a a demon only as urizen, that his human side makes him stronger, and he might have embraced that also, and somewhere along the way of this happeneing his majin form unlocked also, so again vergil went ahead dante cauught up vergil went ahead dante caught up its always been like that and they are now equal again

But as bad as this whole Rebellion stuff is...

The new sword is awesome and I really need a Vergil sword as well

It wouldn't be right, if Vergil uses anything but yamato, lool wouldn't feel right, and his fighting style is suited to that sword.

I think i just realized, why Nero looks like angel/demon, Itsuno wanted to to make dmc 2 obv that not gonna happen, so i think he carried over that half angel half demon **** into DMC 5 for nero.. I really hope he didn't. better be no nagel crap moving forward. Why else would nero have wings..... in dmc 5 or what seems to be wings

Last edited:

Kishido

Hunter
It wouldn't be right, if Vergil uses anything but yamato, lool wouldn't feel right, and his fighting style is suited to that sword.

Making his own katana would be awesome

And we still don't know what exactly Rebellions power has been now

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Wait what? Where was this said?
Devil May Cry 3 Material Archive - Note of Naught. It's where the artwork featured as extra within DMC3 came from. And of course the text is in Japanese, so... Capcom has a weird tendency to stick important story-things into inaccessible one-language-only arrbooks, see: Nero is Vergil's son.

Kishido

Hunter
Thanks for this...

Something different

if you look at Vergil DT entry it says Yamato got a true form while in DT

I cant't see anything in game... Seems pretty normal

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Wonder what a fight with Mundus would be like for Dante and Vergil now

Since Dante beat a powered up urizen who makes Mundus seems like fodder

Maybe it's this Dante that's in shin megami ha ha , the multiversal one

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Has anyone read Devil May Cry 5: Before the Nightmare? It's the prequel novel to this game. Why we still need to get supplementary material to understand mainline plot points, I haven't a clue.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hoping if Lady gets a playable DLC she gets a weapon based off Artemis.

I don't mind angels popping up the same way I don't mind Dante going after vampires, werewolves, giants, elves, yokai etc.

@Morgan @berto posted a summary of it in the news thread.

DarkSlayerVergil

BoBo

Devil Sword Dante is a win to me. The story needed a fresh approach to keep Dante afloat imo.

Last edited:

Methix

Just finished watching the whole game on YT and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents since this is the free spoiler thread.

1) I think this is the best way all the previous entries in the series could have been connected in a relatively cohesive, fresh and entertaining manner. I can see that the devs have tried really hard to please the fans (of 1 and 3 and newcomers alike) but as an old time fan of the series, they've made several mistakes imho - which brings me to point number 2

2) The art direction falls a bit flat imo. Gone are the baroque/european/christian aesthetics of 1 and 3 (and even 4 at certain points), mostly getting replaced with the "insides of a cursed tree" look, which is often grey and uninteresting. The saving grace here is the sheer quality of the graphics and epic texture and lighting, making the repetitive environments bearable.

3) The ending seems to have fallen a bit flat. Or maybe I was expecting a bit more than a recycled Vergil fight. Mundus rearing his ugly head again would've been fun if u ask me. I think the whole scenario should've concluded with a common epic enemy to mow down, with the help of Sparda brothers.

4) Dante gaining more power than he previously had was a welcome change. He was getting overly repetitive and boring. He was also given enough show time to appease the fans.

5) I guess this is not real criticism but I have to say that the story was easily predictable for me. This isn't because DMC5 has a bad story, but because I've been playing games for far too long not to predict plot twists and such.

6) I like the Devil Sword Dante =)

Vergil got as power boost 2, so im glad they are basically equal now, also they are goku an vegeta literally im not sure how i feel about that but w/e.

Also this was the conclusion to the sons of sparda storyline, so, it had to be about dante and vergil, and vergil had to be the last boss. to fight even if it is repetitive, the way it eneded. was perfect for me. the sons of Sparda dueling in hell for eternetiy.

Also why does everyone keep mentioning mundus, he is dealy with already he is sealed away in hell( by dante)_ like sparda sealed him away.

Methix

Thanks for this...

Something different

if you look at Vergil DT entry it says Yamato got a true form while in DT

I cant't see anything in game... Seems pretty normal

Is vergils devil trigger sin DT as well cause is DT in the game look like it SIN, and anyone have a pic of what yamato looks like when he is in isn dt or dt or w./e it is

Methix

Is vergils devil trigger sin DT as well cause is DT in the game look like it SIN, and anyone have a pic of what yamato looks like when he is in isn dt or dt or w./e it is

Myabe we will see it when vergil is released as DLC

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder if we’ll ever see Lucia playable again. Plus with both her and Vergil upgraded with new weapons.

Top Bottom