• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SPOILER! DmC final boss fight [HD]

Dominus

It's ironic that Dante took more after his mom, the angel, and Vergil after the demon father when their looks and temperments indicate the other way around. Then again, considering that NT seems to have had a directive from Capcom that Vergil HAD to end up a villian by the end...

Seriously, that's what it felt like. That final battle comes off as tagged on because it HAD to be there by orders from higher ups...
Also Vergil seems like a wuss in this one, always being like yup Dante you fight those guys in limbo (and not caring about Kat really despite her helping them a lot!). Like they were forcing the setup of the betrayal, but it still felt pretty forced in the end. I really liked the beginning chapters from playthroughs in terms of story and lore, but I think they could have done Vergil a lot better (and the eventual betrayal).

DumbFanboy-Hunter

You're right, they should have explained it. However, I think it's the act of almost ending a loved one's life that made him truly tap into his "inner devil". If they had taken the time to explain that, even in a single line, it might have ruined the emotion of the moment. That's my theory, at least.

In the next game, full on DT should be present. It's obviously breaking out of Dante's body, and they probably have at least a framework of a story to build upon in the next game.

Edit: They can always explain it in a press release or something. The same way they explained the other aspects of the game.
I'm pretty sure that's the case. The inner devil had "awakened" and took control over dante's mind. Which explains why Dante did not think of drawing the sword but kept on pushing it through vergil. And then we see a red glow in Dante's eyes. That's only foreshadowing the real demon inside him pushing through.

So far neither Dante nor Vergil have tapped their demon side. Dante's gotten closer to his though, I think Vergil will get there first though in the DLC. And that....would....be....badass.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
About videos I had no problem with viewing it, for me buffering takes only minute so I have good net, nice videos but to see spoilers sometimes make me bad

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
If you think about it Vergil acting like he did in the ending is in charicter. DMC Vergil didn't understand why Dante wouldn't risk the extinction of the human race to get Sparda's power, DmC Vergil doesn't understand why Dante wouldn't want to rule the human race to "protect them from themselves". Everything else is different but both Vergil's want Dante to side with them and can't comprehend why Dante's point of view is different. Vergil just casually mentioned taking over the world because it was so obvious to him that that was the best thing for everyone. He genuinely thought Dante would rule with him, he loved Dante and did not want to fight him but he had no choice because Dante chose anarchy over what was best for the world.

Top Bottom