• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

special edition a little disappointing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowking

the King of Shadows
hey people i have all of the devil may cry games except 2, but is anyone else wuth me when i say vergil sucks when you play as him? he has one style, and about 5 moves. let me know what you think ^_^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergil is alright. The difficult part is learning how to use his style well and cope with the fact the he doesn't have a normal Double Jump. But he is more powerful than Dante (especially the Beowulf moves of his make Normal look like easy with Dante:p ). The bad thing about the style is that it automatically locks to the enemy.(Except for the 1st level move, who would be better if it actually went forward anyway, not only in the presence of enemies, but it's still useful).
The fact the Vergil could be better exists, but what can we say eh? Let's hope that he's better if he's playable in the next games;)

And thread moved*

shadowking

the King of Shadows
yeah good points, i realise that hes good but he just feels a little slow thats all. and dont get me started on them summoned swords, they look ok, but i dont like the idea of them

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
They have good points. They are stronger than bullets and can be used simultaneously with normal attacks. The bad point is that you can't stay on air while shooting them as Dante does with Ebony & Ivory.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Well that's the way of things isn't it. Greater strengths in some areas are prerequisite for greater weaknesses in other areas thus the balance is maintained but allowing for some variety.

Arwen

Lost Soul
He's just different to Dante. It takes a while to get used to Vergil's moves but once you do he's great to play.

Cairnth

Vergil's Teacher XD
Depends on your personal style. If you want speed, use Dante. If you want raw power, use Vergil. Once you learn how to use him, (taunt+SS, get the weapon switching right lol) he's just as good, if not better than, Dante.

Kodanshi

R·O·C·K·S·T·A·R
Better than Dante? Hardly. After extensive playing and watching combo videos, it grows crystal clear that Vergil unfortunately has a very limited moveset, and most people pull off the same attack strings over & over again. Combo vids of his don’t thrill nearly as much as the eye–poppingly variety–filled ones in Dante vids.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Yeah Vergil seems a little unpolished. especially his "story line". c'mon a red Vergil? They couldn't program a Dante? They also could have at least reversed some levels like in DMC2 with Lucia. Meh its cool though Vergil was a pretty good twist in gameplay.
~fin~

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Not exactly Dante on tp of the Tem-eni-gru though.
Maybe some old bad guy, when I saw some spiky white hair dude with blue coat standing on that building I was like WTF!!??

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I dont know.
But normally is it likely to be that Capcom doesnt bring up old bad guys in sequels to DMC.
That happened with 2 and 3. Well I was expeting some old bad guy and poof! A new bad guy came, Vergil!
But I am happy it were Vergil and not an old bad guy.

Leda

Shades of Black
the only thing I regretted about Virgils side is that he doesnt have his own part of the story.
instead of playing every part that was done with dante, I would have liked to play Virgil the way he faced things.
dunno.. seems better...

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
shadowking;43815 said:
yeah good points, i realise that hes good but he just feels a little slow thats all. and dont get me started on them summoned swords, they look ok, but i dont like the idea of them

:lol: you made me laugh slow no no he can be very fast if you know how to use him i dont play as dante becase i know how to use vergil i know all his moves and i can make him be very fast.:lol: (still laughing)

Chrysander

Would have been nice for Vergil to have more stuff, but I think he's cool, I have played the game for weeks with him, and still playing in order to get more S and SS ranks.

He certainly is not slow. You can destroy a crowd of enemies with the Sparda sword, really quickly. If you lock on with R1, then go crazy slashing them with his standard combo, uppercut and stinger, then press O to teleport to the next enemy, you can totally mash them! Way quicker than most things that Dante can do. Of course you can also fire off the summoned swords at the same time, which speeds up everything he does.

His Beowulf attacks are the same speed as Dante's basically. Most of the Yamato attacks are quite slow, although the first two hits of his standard combo are quick, and his mid air slashes are quick, so you do have options even with the Yamato. But that's the whole point, that he has variety in his attacks:

Yamato is fairly slow and has really long range
Beowulf is really powerful, but slow and poor range
Sparda sword is very quick, but less damage, and average range

I think it's good that Vergil plays so differently to Dante, because it makes you play the game in another way, so it's more interesting. It gives Vergil his own personality whilst you play it. Still, yes, he should have 5 styles, and should have more weapons, and more moves, to make him even more varied.

SaintArthas

Nah, I if Vergil had more weapons and styles, he would totally kick Dante's butt. Dante is the main character in the whole DMC series afterall, Vergil is powerful as he is now already. I've never beaten Nevan faster than using Vergil (unless you count Dante's hard-to-master Royal Guard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom