• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spartacus game coming 2013

Dark Drakan

Admin
534775_262819857166472_1470529208_n.jpg
Yes thats right another popular TV show is joining The Walking Dead & Game Of Thrones into the gaming market after Ubisoft announced it too is working on a title. Known as Spartacus Legends it is set to launch on consoles next year. Ubisoft had the following to say about it:
It's a unique gaming experience based on popular characters from the international hit series produced by Rob Tapert, Sam Raimi, Joshua Donen and Steven S. DeKnight, and distributed by Starz Entertainment. Gamers will experience primeval gladiator moments, from training inside the ludus to brutal battles in the arena, all while striving to become a legend.
Featuring thousands of ruthless weapon combinations and a robust skill system, Spartacus Legends delivers a variety of tools for gamers to customize their gladiators and dismember their foes. Gamers will be able to fight as Spartacus, Crixus or one of their own created gladiators as they battle with friends offline or in online multiplayer to join the ranks on the worldwide leaderboards.
Screenshots
screenshot286618.jpg
screenshot286617.jpg
screenshot286616.jpg
screenshot286615.jpg
screenshot286614.jpg

Credit to CVG for the images​

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Wow! Spartacus is one of my favourite TV show and now it's releasing a game?! I'm over the moon right now! Thank you DD for this awesome news.

RIP Andy Whitfield (The True warrior)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just hope the game is good, Liam McIntyre (new Spartacus) is an avid gamer and he wouldnt be happy with some half baked game. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
If they can nail the control scheme, put some good moves and combos in there and make the move pool quite deep it could be a great little title. However it will more than likely end up like most other games of this style and be a button masher and simply attack each other until one dies rather than use a decent skillful counter system etc. Really hope its not being used as a quick cash in, I had high hopes for the Game of Thrones game and that ended up awful.

Dark Drakan

Admin
HEY don't knock button mashing lol. The unpredictability in combos is high which adds tremendous flexibility in attacks making it very hard sometimes for opponents to counter.
All which requires great skill handle your own against an erratic style of attack.

Just hope its a deeper experience than both swinging madly until one dies. Gladiatorial combat was meant to be highly trained warriors battling to the death with a multitude of weapons/styles and scenarios.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Was it good ?

The UFC games were good, great variety of moves, reversals, combos, fighting styles, customisation and good grappling and striking with hands, feet, knees & elbows. Could interrupt animations in later games too so they werent simply canned animations you could counter easily because people would fake a kick by stopping animation mid way through then punch your open unguarded face. If they took some ideas from this then it could be good.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well Liam McIntyre (new Spartacus) is a huge gaming fan and he would be disappointed if the game sucked. Spoke to him on Twitter a couple of times and hes quite the hardcore gamer.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yes but if he has other bigger projects this could take a back seat & turn out half handed.

He doesnt have anything to do with developing the game itself, he was playing it at Comic-Con though and seemed to enjoy it. Tried tweeting him to see what he thought of it but he didnt answer. :lol:

But if it comes out and its crap im sure he will be one of the first to voice it, with him being such a big gamer.

Dark Drakan

Admin
lol i mean offline character creation, sometimes games only has it where character creation is for online play.

It was listed in the game description, it says for those that dont want to play as Spartacus, Crixus etc there is a character creator to craft your own Gladiators destiny.

Dark Drakan

Admin
lol Yea sorry, the text & images are a bit large on my screen & so i just skimmed through it.
Looks interesting nonetheless.

Wasnt directly in the information I posted, I was referring to the game description on the website so I had to check too.

Top Bottom