• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda...Lives!

Handsome Devil Sparda

As I was reading the wikis I learned that the Sparda family have the ability to erase memories! Could this mean Sparda was captured in the canonical Devil May Cry series!

Sparda took Dante and Vergil away from their home, erasing their memories and hiding them, separately, among the humans in order to protect them. Sparda was eventually captured by the demons and condemned to endure eternal agony as a prisoner.

Days later, having developed feelings for one another during their excursion, Vergil erased both his' and Kat's memories to protect her, leaving only members of The Order who finally located and found Dante, humanity's last hope against the demons.

The reason I mentioned this is because of this game we got to see what was going to be in DMC V like the home of Sparda family, Family Portrait and them receiving greater power like Vergil dlc from DmC!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
No.

DmC and DMC are not the same continuity and neither are their powersets.

/thread

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
A retcon of Yamato opening portals, Vergil having Doppelganger, and his inferiority complex on Dante doesn't magically mean that Sparda Is No Longer Dead nor does it insert a plot point of Sparda erasing the kids' memories and being captured, when A) Dante and Vergil still have their childhood memories intact, even if 5 butchered it to say they were "constantly fighting" and B) Sparda has less feats in DmC than he does in DMC, plus DmC has Vergil state that Sparda is captured and tormented while, y'know, the classic series says he's Dead in DMC1's narration. Capcom can pull some cheap fanservice if they want to in a future game, but DmC and DMC are still not in the same continuity and assuming that they are is not a sane thread of logic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You could get away with bringing back Sparda because Sparda's death wasn't shown on screen.

It's a retcon but its not the first time DMC had done it.

I'm not advocating that you should, I'm just stating that you could if you want.

If I had to choose I rather retcon/reveal Sparda is alive than Eva.

Last edited:

Handsome Devil Sparda

You could get away with bringing back Sparda because Sparda's death wasn't shown on screen.

It's a retcon but its not the first time DMC had done it.

I'm not advocating that you should, I'm just stating that you could if you want.

If I had to choose I rather retcon/reveal Sparda is alive than Eva.
Oh your right it didn’t show her die either

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Oh your right it didn’t show her die either
It's less of a good idea to retcon her death. Her death is what sets Dante and Vergil on their paths. So revealing she was alive the whole time would be cheap.

If you want to bring her back to life, sure. But she needs to die for the series to be as it is.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Well hopefully the next game confirms it if not everybody comes back to life lol
you-get-a-prize-you-get-a-prize-you-get-50632903.png

Top Bottom