• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda and Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wish in the next game, they'd show themselves.

We know that Sparda and Mundus were enemies. But what's their story? Were they best friends or something?

What is Mundus' story Is he a son of Satan or someone like Satan?

What's Sparda's story? Was Sparda one of Satan's soldiers who chose to leave his kind?

What's your ideas?

My ideas of Sparda's story
- Sparda was one of the strongest soldiers of the demon race. He was Mundus' best friend
- While in a battle, he encounters a young oracle who tells him of his future that he is not to be a general of the demon race.
- Sparda sees the agony and torment of humans in his former home as slaves. Sparda couldn't take all this anymore and chooses the leave the Demon World.
- After Sparda defeats Mundus, he intended to seal the gate to the Demon World and Mundus' Sword at a temple before he seals himself in his world.

Mundus' story
- Mundus was born by Satan to take his place when the time comes for him to be Prince of Darkness.
- Mundus and Sparda were best friends. After hearing of Sparda choosing to protect the humans, Mundus intends to kill him for betraying him and his kind.
- After Mundus was defeated by Sparda, Mundus' sword was taken away by Sparda and Mundus' human body begun to burn. His soul was then replaced in a statue.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I agree, except for the Satan theory. Mainly because it a non-fictional game. And I honestly can not see Satan in Devil May Cry. Everything else make sense. It was possible that Sparda and Mundus used to be friends, it would clearly states why Mundus would see Sparda as a traitor

Railazel

Mundus was a low- class demon that worked his way up to becoming the General of Hell's Army and led it to taking over the Human World. Sparda was his "right- hand man" per se', he was the strongest demon second to him and was about to fight alongside him until justice overcame him.

That's all I know. By the way, Satan is one of the Princes of Hell, along with Lucifer and Beiral

Lee-1991

Relapse = Win
Railazel;178865 said:
Mundus was a low- class demon that worked his way up to becoming the General of Hell's Army and led it to taking over the Human World. Sparda was his "right- hand man" per se', he was the strongest demon second to him and was about to fight alongside him until justice overcame him.

That's all I know. By the way, Satan is one of the Princes of Hell, along with Lucifer and Beiral

@BOLD: Are talking about just devil may cry? Because from a factual point of view Lucifer and Satan are one and the same and he rules over hell.

Back to the topic: I would love to see Sparda and Mundus' story told, maybe where we play as Sparda starting just before he rebels?

dvtgr

i wish that every devil may cry 1,2,3,3 se,4 character would be seen in devil may cry 5

and it would be cool if they told us the story of every one

Tramendium

dvtgr;179051 said:
i wish that every devil may cry 1,2,3,3 se,4 character would be seen in devil may cry 5

and it would be cool if they told us the story of every one

1.I agree but how could they fit all in?
2.Also if there is a game that explain origin of Sparda and Mundus then it would't be Devil May Cry or it would be some spin-off but not linked to original DMC series 100%, cause DMC is focused on Dante.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think with people still in unsure about Vergil, Nero and Dante and where the series will be taken next.
I think telling this story would be a nice safe way to please everybody and give Capcom time to decide where they are going to take DMC next.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm glad people appreciate this idea. I still wish that Dmc5 would have like 2-disc story of both Dante and Sparda. You guys ever wish that?

Anyway, how would you guys make this story? Sparda seeing his future from an oracle that his future is not to be the demon army's leader nor would be siding with Mundus. Mundus learning of Sparda's betrayal.
Disc 2
- How did Sparda meet Eva?
- How Sparda fought with Nevan and Beowulf
- When did Sparda's time take place?
- What would Sparda's devil arms and fire arms be?
- How he came to Vie de Marli and Fortuna.
- What are the cities in the game?
- Did angels help Sparda?
- What year were Dante and Vergil were born?
- Did Mundus have a sword of his own?
Disc 1
- Is Sparda really alive?
- How did Sparda survive?
- Will Vergil return?
- Is Mundus' sword really true?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think making DMC5 a 2 disc game would be awesome. But if that is needed for 2 full stories (or one extremely long story even though DMC4 could have been pushed a lot harder), it would in effect be a double game meaning it would take twice as long to make as would cost twice as much to buy.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I think every DMC fan wants to play with Sparda, and its time for Capcom to give us this chance.
Ronin, your ideas are pretty cool and I'd love to play as Sparda and see Mundus yelling "BETRAAAYER!!". The only thing that I dont think Capcom would do it is adding Lucifer and angels to the story, but anyway... great ideas!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Thanks for the support Crimson Devil. How do you think the cutscenes will be like when Sparda appears?
Sparda's Past cutscene ex.
Sparda rides his motorcycle to search for demon presence until he finds the Angelo church almost in ruins. Sparda was shocked and learns instantly who was responsible for it.

Sparda kicks the church door open and finds Mundus.
Sparda: MUUUNNNDDDUUUUSSS
Mundus: Sparda... you've showed up just in time... to die!
Sparda: I saw all the destruction you've made in the Human World! But taking over the Angelo church!? That was a mistake! How dare you try to make humanity fear you!
Mundus: How dare you... a demon knight like yourself speak to your emperor this way! You're destiny is to your kind -- and any judgments you say makes you a traitor to us!
Sparda: Don't do this Mundus! Don't you dare challenge me! You're contempts for life will destroy you and everything that you hold dear! Its over.

Sparda walks out but Mundus unsheathes his sword and prepares for the kill on Sparda. But... Sparda unleashes his sword to defend himself.

Mundus: Prepare to die with your fellow humans! And... your god!
Sparda: My sins... will always be forgiven. I'll send simple-minded wretches like you back to Hell!

Mundus opens up a portal to the Demon World to start their battle.

Tramendium

Crimson Devil;179527 said:
I think every DMC fan wants to play with Sparda, and its time for Capcom to give us this chance.
Ronin, your ideas are pretty cool and I'd love to play as Sparda and see Mundus yelling "BETRAAAYER!!". The only thing that I dont think Capcom would do it is adding Lucifer and angels to the story, but anyway... great ideas!

Well believe me or not i am one that don't want to play with Sparda. I can't understand why is Sparda wanted to be playable character anyway?

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Tramendium;179687 said:
Well believe me or not i am one that don't want to play with Sparda. I can't understand why is Sparda wanted to be playable character anyway?

Well... since DMC we know Sparda as the "Legendary Dark Knight" and other stuff. I mean, we all saw ppl saying how powerful Sparda was and how important he was. That's why a huge part of the fans want to play as Sparda... at least, thats why I want to play with him...

Tramendium

Crimson Devil;179863 said:
Well... since DMC we know Sparda as the "Legendary Dark Knight" and other stuff. I mean, we all saw ppl saying how powerful Sparda was and how important he was. That's why a huge part of the fans want to play as Sparda... at least, thats why I want to play with him...

DMC was always focused on Dante (well 4 left little off with him) and Sparda despite being his father is only an entity there, something that will have humans/demons fight for it, that is all there is to it for Sparda IMO.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
i was just thinking that too... i think sparda should be seen in DMC5, but idk about mundus...he was defeated by dante, but if DMC5 is based on the origins of sparda, then thats cool too...its what ever honestly, as long as they come out with a DMC5 with a good storyline and a better combat system, then IDC!

Tramendium

SpArAda1127;180318 said:
i was just thinking that too... i think sparda should be seen in DMC5, but idk about mundus...he was defeated by dante, but if DMC5 is based on the origins of sparda, then thats cool too...its what ever honestly, as long as they come out with a DMC5 with a good storyline and a better combat system, then IDC!

Sparda could be there but i dunno will they make him playable like dmc1 and about mundus...well mundus has been sealed not destroyed but even so then some other demon must have taken his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom