• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soundtrack.

Meier

As a big industrial fan I was always drawn to the series. I always felt that the game took on a goth/metal/industrial style. Like it was an artist in Japan mimicking 80s industrial music like ministry.

Anyways I was listening to this song by Lard while posting in another thread here and thought you all might like it in expansion to what you may already hear. Lard is Jello Biafra's band after Dead Kennedys. I think it could work in well with DmC. BTW I'm a huge fan of custom BGM and really pushed to get it in. Guys at Ninja Theory will very willingly to get it in too, so props to them. Side note: one of my favorite things in gaming is to play Bayonetta with "The Angel" by Ministry playing.

This_IZ_Sparda!

Even though it's not really my cup of tea, it was fitting for DmC's game atmosphere.

I don't usually listen to these dupstep genres like Noisia.
Combichrist is a 'violent' type of band when it comes to sound and I guess it fitted Dante's attitude.I like Combichrist,well,some of their songs.

I must admit I wanted some ambient music with a more larger repertory rather than the same sound over and over again,to fit each cutscene,for example for the last battle between Dante and Vergil I wanted something else than that annoying sound for Vergil's theme.Something more diverse yet modern but still something to fit Vergil as the character he is and for the situation,in our case,their brotherly fighting.

But this is just my personal taste :p .
I actually agree with you... well, partially. I would want something orchestra-like mixed with a a bit rock.. kinda like the theme song in Call of Duty 5 where the Russians invaded Germany.. one of those songs. anyway, when i first heard it, it was epic enough for me so yeah.. 70% liking it, 30% for meh..

Are you talking about "empty"? I thought it was actually a pretty solid theme, I have no idea why they used it in mission 1 during the gears part, I would have preferred to only hear it in the final battle.

Also, the game's music is tied to the player's ranking, so if you're not kicking Vergil's ass the lyrics won't end up as pronounced. Like if you have below an S ranking, the song will sometimes loop a portion of the song until you do before transitioning into the next phase of the song. So, to get the ideal situation, you want to be SSS from beginning to end, so the song never loops and actually plays out as it was written.

I just think the lyrics are great at conveying the mental battle that is going on inside Vergil's head.

Say nothing...
Empty promises...
Wreckage...
Unforgiven...
For all...

FOR THEIR EYES

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

I'm so sick of this...
Swinging the hammer...
Seeing too much...
I don't think I'll...
Get through...
Empty.

LIE TO ME(x2)

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

So far gone...
Harvest the bad dreams...
bury them...

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

Heavy lyrics dude. a lotta depth in that one. :cool:

This_IZ_Sparda!

I'm seeing people with different tastes here. some hate it. hmmmm nearly inclined to pick a fight, buuuuuuuuuuut, naaahhh.. fine respect different tastes then..

I actually agree with you... well, partially. I would want something orchestra-like mixed with a a bit rock.. kinda like the theme song in Call of Duty 5 where the Russians invaded Germany.. one of those songs. anyway, when i first heard it, it was epic enough for me so yeah.. 70% liking it, 30% for meh..

Heavy lyrics dude. a lotta depth in that one. :cool:
Yeah, too bad this version is isn't in the game (they had to remix it for licensing and dynamic sound design reasons) because I love that sonic boom like build up at :53. It's so epic, like **** just got real.

Meier

Giving you some of the classics. Here is cabaret voltaire. They were pioneers in the industrial scene and were very prominent with using samples in their songs like hip hop does. Trippy video

Meier

Good songs there. Here is an old one from Noisia, my favorite of their tracks:

Also their most prominent song. You will hear this in WipeoutHD Fury. We used this song for the club as a placeholder song until they finished the actual song. Its awesome. Here:

Last edited:

Meier

And if you like that, I also highly recommend the knife. Here are a few of their really good videos:
[
]

Top Bottom