• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soundtrack.

I Make The Devils Cry

One of the highlights of this game for me would be without doubt the very effective soundtrack, from Combichrist and NOISIA, whose work in this game and otherwise is just brilliant, in my opinion. At one moment you could have this fast paced, excellent song which suits the situation you're in (most likely a fight of some sort), and then at other times you can have this eerily fitting piece, that sets the tone and mood for the area or scene; in particular what is described as "Kat's Theme", which plays during a number of parts where it either focuses on her, Dante or the both of them, which is just wonderful, and emotional depending on which scene you hear it in.

I can understand that this game still has a large amount of controversy behind it, however, if you must give something a chance from this game, at the least listen to some of the soundtrack, just once.

Even though it's not really my cup of tea, it was fitting for DmC's game atmosphere.

I don't usually listen to these dupstep genres like Noisia.
Combichrist is a 'violent' type of band when it comes to sound and I guess it fitted Dante's attitude.I like Combichrist,well,some of their songs.

I must admit I wanted some ambient music with a more larger repertory rather than the same sound over and over again,to fit each cutscene,for example for the last battle between Dante and Vergil I wanted something else than that annoying sound for Vergil's theme.Something more diverse yet modern but still something to fit Vergil as the character he is and for the situation,in our case,their brotherly fighting.

But this is just my personal taste :p .

But this is just my personal taste :p .

Are you talking about "empty"? I thought it was actually a pretty solid theme, I have no idea why they used it in mission 1 during the gears part, I would have preferred to only hear it in the final battle.

Also, the game's music is tied to the player's ranking, so if you're not kicking Vergil's ass the lyrics won't end up as pronounced. Like if you have below an S ranking, the song will sometimes loop a portion of the song until you do before transitioning into the next phase of the song. So, to get the ideal situation, you want to be SSS from beginning to end, so the song never loops and actually plays out as it was written.

I just think the lyrics are great at conveying the mental battle that is going on inside Vergil's head.

Say nothing...
Empty promises...
Wreckage...
Unforgiven...
For all...

FOR THEIR EYES

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

I'm so sick of this...
Swinging the hammer...
Seeing too much...
I don't think I'll...
Get through...
Empty.

LIE TO ME(x2)

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

So far gone...
Harvest the bad dreams...
bury them...

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Combichrist is definitely one of the best things to happen to the Devil May Cry series. I'm pretty sure that if a DMC5 is made, Combichrist probably won't be doing the sound track, which totally sucks because Combichrist has that adrenaline pumping feeling to their music during combat. Plus, I can't see original fashionista stylish Dante enjoying this kind of punkish violent brutal music. Combichrist should stay with DmC.

Do you really think a song like this
would fit this?
Dante_4.png

No way. It would fit a character like this better.
DmC_Dante.jpg

Nosia didn't really make a very big impression on me besides a few of their songs. Their best one is this song.

But Nosia did well with the Kat theme.

No way. It would fit a character like this better.

I guess its hard to compete with Combichrist, but to be fair Noisia was specifically hired for more low key ambient music, and in that regard, their music feels perfect in those tight little moments where it plays.

As for Noisia's best song I gotta go with Lilith's Club, its especially awesome in the club level, because the waves in the background are synced to the song.

I also dig the Hunter boss theme as well, the rhythm of the fight is really tuned to the beat. Like listen to the music when I do the two angel dodges and use the shotgun, it just feels like excellent sound design.

Are you talking about "empty"? I thought it was actually a pretty solid theme, I have no idea why they used it in mission 1 during the gears part, I would have preferred to only hear it in the final battle.

Also, the game's music is tied to the player's ranking, so if you're not kicking Vergil's ass the lyrics won't end up as pronounced. Like if you have below an S ranking, the song will sometimes loop a portion of the song until you do before transitioning into the next phase of the song. So, to get the ideal situation, you want to be SSS from beginning to end, so the song never loops and actually plays out as it was written.

I just think the lyrics are great at conveying the mental battle that is going on inside Vergil's head.

Say nothing...
Empty promises...
Wreckage...
Unforgiven...
For all...

FOR THEIR EYES

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

I'm so sick of this...
Swinging the hammer...
Seeing too much...
I don't think I'll...
Get through...
Empty.

LIE TO ME(x2)

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

So far gone...
bury them...

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

As I stated,it's my personal opinion.
I'd have personally preffered a not so brutal and ...well 'empty' song for Vergil because he wasn't like that in DmC. I'd say this theme is more fitting for Downfall.
(I'd also like a little more lyrics to it).
But the most annoying thing was the sound of ti.I think it's my least favourite theme song for the game,sadly..from my point of view.

As I stated,it's my personal opinion.
I'd have personally preffered a not so brutal and ...well 'empty' song for Vergil because he wasn't like that in DmC. I'd say this theme is more fitting for Downfall.
(I'd also like a little more lyrics to it).
But the most annoying thing was the sound of ti.I think it's my least favourite theme song for the game,sadly..from my point of view.

No biggie, you make a fair point. And trust me, even though I liked the theme, at this point, damn if I"m not tired of it. I've heard it way too many times during all my playthroughs. :p

@Dragonmaster
You're right.
To be fair ,I don't even think the DMC3/1soundtracks would fit DMC4 Dante.

In each game we had a different atmosphere and a different personality to the main character. In DMC 1 we had that amazing theme for Dante (I don't really know what genre it was,but I really loved it) ,in DMC3 a more dynamic soundtrack and a combination between heavy-metal and soft vocals,but also themes with wonderful instrumentals like in the last fight with Vergil,in DMC4 was more inclined to electronic music than DMC3 I'd say but with some exceptions like in Never Surrender when in the second part of the song we have melodic vocals and it's slowed down.
They really are made for an action game,it's extreme, the music genre of DmC also is,for its universe and for the urban feeling.

These fit DMC because some of them are specifically made for more dramatic cutscenes and since original DMC is based more on feelings and focused on family matters rather than political ones. I think most of them are really really well-done.I loved them since DMC1 was released.

While DMC is more based on heavymetal,electronic and soft melodic vocals and orchestral music,DmC in more inclined to industrial,aggrotech,dubstep,with a hint of ambiental music in some themes.

And this is because the universes differ.
A theme like in the last battle in DMC3 wouldn't fit the last fight in DmC,don't you agree?
Which ones people prefer,it's a matter of taste.
(personally I prefer the ones in DMC,but sure,I also listen to Combichrist from time to time..)

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.

Say nothing...
Empty promises...
Wreckage...
Unforgiven...
For all...

FOR THEIR EYES

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

I'm so sick of this...
Swinging the hammer...
Seeing too much...
I don't think I'll...
Get through...
Empty.

LIE TO ME(x2)

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME

So far gone...
bury them...

KILL.ME.
SPARE.ME.
KILL.ME.
FEAR.ME
Hah. Guess I'll never hear it in game then. :'(

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Sucks that Kap Bambino's unreleased song that was used in the TGS 2010 trailer, "I Never Exist", didn't make it into the game. Hopefully it get used somewhere else since the song is so wicked. Why was it unreleased?!

Remember this song? It's really wild and action-pumping.

Also, shame that whatever the hell this is wasn't in the game too. I don't even know the song's name.

And this, which is really blood-pumping. Is it just me? Or is Rainstorm and Inverse Rainstorm much faster in this trailer than in the final game?

The Glitch Mob's Napela Monday Remix in the E3 trailer with silent, "I like killing", executioner Dante.

DmC introduced me to a couple new genres and bands. Mostly The Glitch Mob and Combichrist.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
IMHO Noisia sucks ass. i just hate the wub-wub fart noise music. Combichrist was the only good thing about the BGM in DmC.

if anything suits DMC better its combichrist.

Kazuki Nanbu

i'm sorry but the soundtrack is ,in my opinion, forgettable, aside for two o three songs i don't remember the rest of the soundtrack

Top Bottom