• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soulcalibur VI Ideas (Characters, story, gameplay)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If there was EVER gonna be a Soul Calibur VI, how would you fix the gameplay, story & characters since SCV went "no good"?

And what new characters would you have for the game? In what countries & weapons?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd bring back these characters
- Patroklos
- Siegfried
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Cassandra
- Talim
- Taki (give her old style back)
- Natsu (give her sais)
- ZWEI
- Kilik (the new Edge Master or give him his old bo staff style back)
- Xiba (a new style)
- Yun-Seong
- Hwang
- Seong Mi-Na
- Maxi
- Leixia
- Raphael
- Viola/Amy
- Dampierre
- Astaroth
- Ivy
- Aeon Calcos
- Yoshimitsu
- Cervantes
- Voldo
- Tira
- Zasalamel
- Setsuka
- Olcadan

And new ones....
- Bangoo (with tomahawks)
- Pharaoh with Kopesch
- Female with steel fans
- Male ninja with kusarigama
- Viking with morning star mace
- Arabian/Persian/Indian with scimitar

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Keep all new characters, get rid of the two mimics that were nothing more then wasted character slots (only one mimic is needed) and replace them with Zasalamel, Yun-Seong Talim or Seong-Mina. Two of the characters from this list.

If Elysium were to return, give her her own style.

Either make Kilik the new Edgemaster or give him his style back. Personally I really don't care if there are people who use similar weapons.

Give characters their own arcade endings and give people the option of viewing the concept art and character profiles.

And I don't know too much about new characters but I'd love to see Ashlotte back. Best guest character they had so far. And she actually has a plot in the story.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
BRING BACK SOPHITIA AND CASSANDRA.
Soul Calibur V ****ed up in the story department big time and they should get rid of Patroklos and Pyrrha.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i tend to put a lot of though into this type of thing so i will only be able to include a basic summary in one post.
  • most of the major gameplay changes in V will not be included.
  • simplified input for moves and various minor improvements to gameplay
  • bring back every character (except guests) in some form ( with characters that are dead or not important anymore as bonus characters without a story.) mimic characters will be divided based on alignment not gender and no one character will be able to mimic everyone. new characters will be added
  • bring back the concept of choosing your weapon before each battle, instead of making it part of the costume with each weapon having a different effect.
  • detailed character customization allowing you to design multiple costumes for each custom character, as well as custom weapon sets (for custom characters only, strong weapons would have to be unlocked first, weapons would be divided into different levels of power and each character would have a set number of weapons of each level) and the ability to create your own weapons, each weapon and move set would be associated with a type of weapon and custom weapons sets would allow you to put any weapon of the same type in the weapon set for any character with a moveset with that type (eg. any character who has a one handed sword based moveset would be able to use any one handed sword no matter what moveset it is made for .) some movesets would have special properties requiring weapons with that property but most weapons with special properties can be used in movesets that don't us that property (eg. Ivy can only use her swords but other sword users can use her swords as if they were normal swords)
  • all costume parts, patterns etc. and weapons (including joke weapons) will be designed to fit the setting.
  • supernatural body types that have appeared in the series (skeletons, lizardmen, golems, etc.) and malfested body parts ( eg. Nightmare's arm) will be available in character customization.
  • voice, personality, stats and appearance will all be chosen separability.
  • a significant number of movesets not associated with a major character will be included.
  • all characters will have varying but balanced stats and movesets will be made as balanced as possible and the AI will be forced to fight fairly.
  • separate stories for each character will be brought back and the stories will be part of a detailed cohesive narrative without contradictions. most of the stories will show what the character was doing during the story of the previous game and some of the events after.
  • multiple guest characters will be included. some will be console exclusive (but only if they are owned by the same company as the console) others will not, each console will have the same number of exclusive guests. each guest character will be required to have been alive and on earth during the year the game takes place and will be the age they were at that time.
  • return of Weapon Master mode from II as the equivalent of story mode for custom characters and Gauntlet mode from broken destiny as the tutorial. both will have canon but unimportant events focusing on an unnamed individual represented by a character chosen by the player. Gauntlet mode will have the same tone as the previous one but will avoid changing character personalities significantly and Weapon Master mode will have the same tone as the main story.
  • additional weapons similar to soul edge and soul calibur will be included some of which will actually be good.
  • soul edges original form as two swords ( one male and one female) will be significant to the story and the two will begin to act as separate weapons.
  • characters will be given two different movesets one of which will be significantly stronger then the other and will be unlocked by beating story mode. most of these movesets will have different costumes. a significant number will use different weapons and a few of them will change the characters name. bonus and custom characters will also have two movesets which will be chosen independently from each other.
if any one wants to know more i am happy to answer any questions.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
BRING BACK TALIM!!!!

Or bring back her fighting style granted she might be like 30 or something but if Ivy didn't physically age so why not do something similar to Talim....I mean Sophitia became a warrior goddess or something.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
PUT DANTE AND VERGIL IN AND ID NEVER STOP PLAYING:) BUT GIVE THEM ALL OF THERE COSTUMES AND HAVE THERE POWERED UP FORMS OR SPECIALS TRANSFORM THEM INTO THEIR DT'S

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Bring back Yun-seung, Yoshimitsu AND Kilik (NOT as an Edgemaster!) Stop making female characters so... big breasted...
And don't make it so story-based (like V). In fact, avoid everything that you did in V (apart from Character Creation) and revert back to something like IV... but improved. (I missed unlocking artwork).

Top Bottom