• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soul Harvesting Made Easy

Keaton

Premium
I didnt find this out myself, it was discovered by someone else -- all credit should go to them.

If your having trouble unlocking and upgrading due to your lack of souls then try this...

Go to Mission 9 and run right through to the area where you fight two 'Angelos' and the one Golden One too.

Lay some hits on THE GOLD ONE ONLY until they all retreat back to the large door. They will either begin charging to 'spear' you OR they will form a triangle and a BIG ball of energy will be created (THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT).

As they form this, charge the Blue Rose (LV 1 charge required atleast), when they fire it wait a second and shoot the ball of energy (its kinda point blank so keep your lock-on, on the Angel of your choice). The shot will be reflected back and destroy all three enemies and net you an immedate SSS rank and lots of Red Orbs.

Collect them if you want then go to the game menu and quit mission (or Restart if you want to repeat), as you click yes (for Restart or Quit) you will see your Proud Souls count increase by 100-1000 *_*! This is handy for getting nessacry upgrades early - ie. Air Hike for distant Orb Peices etc.

Video here (again not me) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lueZgEDupw0

Hope this helps some people :)

[if this has been posted before let me know and I will delete the thread]

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Wow. I'd never thought of doing that. +rep Keaton. :) I managed to repel one of those dark energy attacks before with the Red Queen but I wasn't aware that a charged Blue Rose could do it, too. I'll definitely be trying this out. Thanks for the tip!

aka958

Don't trust people
yeah i wished i could give rep+ but sorry i got the tip for another one :( anyway that person on youtube was not so good (what i think) cuse thats my favorite boss and i am used to always have a lock on on him and always throw the spear back on him... the lock on help me with only some jumps avoid his attacks and the spear throw makes him like stunned so i can charge my gun and exceed my sword ... but was good with doing max act.... but didn't do so much for his/her styling rank....

Keaton

Premium
Discovered today:

-Easier (irony ahead) on higher difficulties, since the Knights seem more prone to using the energy ball (however they do this at the opposite end to the large door - usually at close range O.O!) =p

Thanks for the rep, i'm just trying to help :D

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
They never made one (SOS) that was SOOO frustrating. I will just do it as I always have. Going back and forth in mission 3 killing the packs of Scarecrows that appear.

Top Bottom