• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soul Calibur Talk. I WILL have your soul!

Which sword do you desire?

• Soul Calibur

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Soul Edge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If your a fan of Soul Calibur than quit hiding it and talk about!

So has anyone but me read up on the New SC story line stuff from the Japanese Special Art book?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I love Soul Calibur, but felt really let down by Soul Calibur V.

I didn't know there was a new storyline.
I'd prefer both swords (as that's what my favorite customised character ends up with), but If i had to choose, then maybe Soul Calibur

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love Soul Calibur, but felt really let down by Soul Calibur V.

I didn't know there was a new storyline.
I'd prefer both swords (as that's what my favorite customised character ends up with), but If i had to choose, then maybe Soul Calibur

Not so much a new story but rather a lot of characters including minor characters story's were given more details. For example Xiba and Leixia are Kilik and Xianghua's children. :O Yes you read correct.

I'm disappointed with SoulCalibur5 as well, i dislike how the number of attacks for characters have been reduced *Poor Ivy*
I like SoulCalibur's look but i like SoulEdge's power. If SoulEdge didn't look like a squid on a stick then it would be my choice.

Pray for DLC.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Not so much a new story but rather a lot of characters including minor characters story's were given more details. For example Xiba and Leixia are Kilik and Xianghua's children. :O Yes you read correct.

I thought I read in the Art book for SC5 that Leixia's father was a General in an army...
TBH, I haven't had a look at my games since the 360 RROD'd.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
That's what i'm saying, why did gamers have to read this history somewhere else instead of it being in SoulCalibur5 itself.
Instead story mode center around two characters i couldn't give a rat's ass about.
Like seriously, Pyrrha Alexandra & Patroklos Alexander are two characters i care nothing about other then i like Patroklos's fighting style & Pyrrha Alexandra gets on my nerves.

Namco should've spent more time filling SoulCalibur5 with full history & character backgrounds instead of gutting it & finding ways to milk gamers out of money with DLC.

Alot of sequels has less effort put into them.
No cinematic endings for each character, no backgrounds or details unless you read an artbook or look it up online.

Viola is Amy ???? How that happen.

The convenience of the network connection has added to some developers laziness.​
I like Pyrrha but i agree that it would have been better to have a story for everyone.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
You did. Xianghua is the mother of both Xiba and Lexia but they have different fathers

Wow, someone has been putting it around :lol:
(Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer should have a show for video game characters :lol: )

That's what i'm saying, why did gamers have to read this history somewhere else instead of it being in SoulCalibur5 itself.
Instead story mode center around two characters i couldn't give a rat's ass about.
Like seriously, Pyrrha Alexandra & Patroklos Alexander are two characters i care nothing about other then i like Patroklos's fighting style & Pyrrha Alexandra gets on my nerves.
Namco should've spent more time filling SoulCalibur5 with full history & character backgrounds instead of gutting it & finding ways to milk gamers out of money with DLC.
Alot of sequels has less effort put into them.
No cinematic endings for each character, no backgrounds or details unless you read an artbook or look it up online.
Viola is Amy ???? How that happen.
The convenience of the network connection has added to some developers laziness.

I didn't know that!

Perhaps Namco picked up some nasty habits about DLC working with capcom ;)

Either way, I totally agree with this post

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't cater to the Viola Amy rumor I believe their separate characters which I'm sure they are. VW I agree that SC5's lack of character gallery Arcade endings, photos, quotes and etc killed me as a fan. But

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Last one I played was IV.

Tbh, I spent most of the time using CC Mode to create other characters like Batman and Vergil. :ermm: I've got tons. Even Roger Moore and Jesus are in there.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Cervantes is good but like all of them he had his attacks reduced.
Taki is gone but Natsu is okay & you can use Natsu's fighting style to create a decent Taki. Alot of gamers has been doing that.
Necrid was cool, not available in SoulCalibur5.
And Talim is gone.
Sounds like the game as I know it is gone. I refused to try Brawl for a long time simply because Dr. Mario was missing.
This particular game strike may have no ending.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Haven't played any of the new ones, but I'm always down for some SC2 on the GameCube.

I tend to use Cervantes, Taki, Necrid, and Talim.

Would you care to have your butt kicked by Link than? :cool: Lol :p

Last one I played was IV.

Tbh, I spent most of the time using CC Mode to create other characters like Batman and Vergil. :ermm: I've got tons. Even Roger Moore and Jesus are in there.

Lol I made Jesus too! Lol What are the odds?

My favorite Character to play as is Nightmare/Siegfried. Also *moved to gaming discussion*

Thank you sir. My favorite Nightmare incarnations are SC2 and SC3 versions. Those two versions of Nightmare were epic on all levels.

Yea it's a but too.
I dislike the lack of character gallery Arcade endings, photos & so-on BUT i do enjoy it somewhat to the point where i play it often.
However i think it's because of how sad it makes me when comparing it to SoulCalibur4.
I still have SoulCalibur4 but i won't play it because i'll see all the awesome features it has over SoulCalibur5 & i'll get sad lol.

BUT what makes up for it greatly is i didn't pay full price for SoulCalibur5, i got it brand new at half price.
SoulCalibur5 & DarkSouls were half price each on a special. :)

I have that same feeling when I compare SC5 to SC2.

Top Bottom