• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sorry, this NEEDS it's own thread (It's a little funny and kinda awesome)

berto

I Saw the Devil
WOOpooww. You all missed the fact that infernal demons drop red orbs in this game. You guys need to work on your observational skills. You men are supposed to be the hunter gatherers.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Multilayer has multiple selectable characters that haven't been announced yet, maybe. Honestly, though, I think it might just be another DMC reference.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
WOOpooww. You all missed the fact that infernal demons drop red orbs in this game. You guys need to work on your observational skills. You men are supposed to be the hunter gatherers.

Those weren't red orbs, those were red jewels.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Those weren't red orbs, those were red jewels.
They have the same shapes and they have, what can almost be made out to be, a face. You really think they are not? That the people who made DMC are not going to make the demons in their game, full of other DMC references, drop 'em? If I could physically interact with you I would ask you to bet on it but since we can't I guess we'll just have to make it a cashless bet.

So, you wanna bet?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If halos are the currency off of angels, then demon blood still seems to work as the currency off of demons. It's a cute reference, but I wonder if they would have faces. Upon closer inspection of pausing a bunch while looking at it in full 1080 HD, they are just gemstones, a red translucent crystal - no face on 'em. You get a really good shot of some close to the camera at around 00:55.

I think trying to put a face on them would have been a bit too close to the actual Red Orbs, causing a bit of legal trouble or something.

Either way, I don't think this would be indicative of any DMC crossover stuff. Kamiya has his set world he likes to play in, and as many references as Bayonetta already makes to that world, making a currency out of demon blood is right up his alley. It was really probably just the easiest thing to make a currency from demons to be, and it ends up being a nod to DMC, like so much else is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If halos are the currency off of angels, then demon blood still seems to work as the currency off of demons. It's a cute reference, but I wonder if they would have faces. Upon closer inspection of pausing a bunch while looking at it in full 1080 HD, they are just gemstones, a red translucent crystal - no face on 'em. You get a really good shot of some close to the camera at around 00:55.

I think trying to put a face on them would have been a bit too close to the actual Red Orbs, causing a bit of legal trouble or something.

Either way, I don't think this would be indicative of any DMC crossover stuff. Kamiya has his set world he likes to play in, and as many references as Bayonetta already makes to that world, making a currency out of demon blood is right up his alley. It was really probably just the easiest thing to make a currency from demons to be, and it ends up being a nod to DMC, like so much else is.
I wouldn't put too much faith on the resolution bringing up more details, this was a pretty crap recording. Besides, I doubt Capcom would give P* any crap over something as minimal as the red orbs, it was their idea. I'm sure, if they were going to show any displeasure over DMC elements Capcom would've brought it up already when B1 was released and they had one of the bosses of the original game there.

Anyway. Time will tell and I see the thing very clearly as red orbs and since no one else seems to see it I am now taking moneyless bets. So, you wanna bet me, too?

PS: I don't think it's a sign of a possible cross over, ether. just a reference. Also, everyone seems to think that Kamiya is the one who makes these references. The rest of P* also made DMC so a lot of the references are the work of the other staff members. Even GodHand has DMC references.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
They have the same shapes and they have, what can almost be made out to be, a face. You really think they are not? That the people who made DMC are not going to make the demons in their game, full of other DMC references, drop 'em? If I could physically interact with you I would ask you to bet on it but since we can't I guess we'll just have to make it a cashless bet.

So, you wanna bet?

Dude those orbs have no faces on them.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I am still willing to bet. Give it a few and when there are better videos or images that have close-ups of 'em or when the game comes out we can say who won. I see the face, you don't see it, lets make a wager. There's no money involved so what'd you have to loose?

I'm telling yah man, I got a really good look at them in the video. They're shaped like eggs, but they don't have a smooth surface, nor do they have faces on them. The face you might be seeing is a refraction of the light on them in-game, and the jagged edges that they have.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm telling yah man, I got a really good look at them in the video. They're shaped like eggs, but they don't have a smooth surface, nor do they have faces on them. The face you might be seeing is a refraction of the light on them in-game, and the jagged edges that they have.
So it'll be an easy win for ya. Place your bet and we'll see.

Here's how we'll know what's what. In the first game every time you collected something new a screen with a description would pop up. I can't see that not been the case for 2 so when ever that shows up and the description shows Red Orbs or just Rubies we'll know who the winner is.

Top Bottom