• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sonic Boom

What do you think about the new look?

• Like it

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • DAYAM KNUCKLES!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Looks like a freaking hedgehog to me...I've just googled the differences and quite honestly I'm going to keep calling Knuckles a hedgehog regardless.

On a side note, echidnas have the cutest-sounding offspring ever: Puggles.

I want a puggle now...
Puggles? Puggles?! That's about as cute as joeys, baby kangaroos and wallabies, but unfortunately, puggles are as cute as pugs. They're absolutely hideous. At least bulldogs are ugly as in tough and ugly, but pugs are eh... Along with hairless cats and dogs. Hedgehogs, on the other hand, are cuter.
hedgehog1.jpg

Anyway, Sonic Generations basically had the two protagonists and two gameplay styles. As chubby Sonic, you'd have classic Sonic gameplay set in 2D environments. Modern Sonic features both 2D and 3D environments and I guess racing-car styled gameplay. Sonic Colors did both, but with just modern Sonic. Lost Worlds tried to do something new, but it received much more mixed receptions than Colors and Generations. Now we have this, and yes, Sonic Boom does look like Sonic Heroes in a way. Well, at least the upcoming and recent games weren't another Sonic '06.

Oh, and as for "original" fan characters.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Didn't you have a Sonic avi at one point? Or was that Sonic Riders?
I have Sonic in my sig but that's because it was made especially for me by a member of our other forums, Sephiroxas - it was mostly for Jake because at the time he adored Sonic more than anything.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/538...-over-to-western-studios-and-gave-him-a-scarf
More on the game development side of things but im pretty optimistic given the pedigree even if it makes me wish they would go do a Jak and daxter game instead:facepalm::banghead:.

I'm surprised by the bandages on Sonic's shoes since im wondering if his shoes are so old and worn out he needs a lot of duct tape to hold it together:cautious:.

Im hoping the show gives us a chance to see some of the older more obscure cast like Fang the Weasel or some of the characters from the comics makes a leap into the show/game.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Wow. Another Japanese developer giving their series to a western audience. What is this like the sixth one now?

And Sega really doesn't seem to understand anything just like capcom. Sonic IS popular in the west. It really doesn't need to be westernized since I always considered Sonic as a western cartoon created in the east.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Interview with Sega America Producer Steven Frost and Big red button Creative director Bob Raffei(former Naughty dog from Crash 1 to uncharted 1)

with Evan Bailey, Cartoon showrunner.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Did somebody say Sonic BOOM?! 'ere's a behind the scenes with the developers on Sonic and co.'s changes.

By the way, we get a glimpse at Sonic Boom's version of Dr. Eggman and Burn-Bot aka the robot that has claws. Also, apparently Sonic and Sonic Boom will run parallel to each other sort of like Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm honestly not fussed over what they've done to Sonic and co.

Like VeeBee said, I haven't really gotten into many Sonic games since Sonic Adventure 2 (in my case, Battle, since I had the Gamecube version).

I tried Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, but...well, I just didn't like how shiny the characters suddenly became. It was odd. o_O As though there was no texture to their fur, or something.

On a side note, I actually downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 on my PS3 a couple of years ago. I don't play often, except with my daughter now (when the game came out, I learned that there was a character I could like more than Knuckles; Shadow has been my favourite from the franchise ever since).

But back on the topic: I guess it's just a franchise I've outgrown. There were only so many directions they could have gone in, with it. So if this is what they want to do with it now, so be it. *Shrug*

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I should say though that I sorta like the TV series for Sonic Boom, and it might be because it isn't trying incredibly hard to be an anime, and instead is just trying to be an animated series like the old SatAM series.

Top Bottom