• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Son of sparda mission 19 glitch/bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Well i already tried like 10 times to pass the mission but still i get the same error when i click "ENTER"after my DH points show up.:The game bugs and shows me the error DMC4 has encountered a error,we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Any ideas what causes this?:(

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Sounds you're running a PC version of this game? (Not sure if DMC 4 came out on PC). I played the ps3 version and didn't encounter an error like this. Could be anything to a hardware conflict or an internal programming error. In any case, the exception handler shuts down the game, so it's a serious error. An exact wording of everything that's stated in the error message may help in determining what exactly is going on. Next time the error comes up, write down everything and then post back here.

NeroS

Yes im playing the PC version.
untitled-8.png

here's the error.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My idea would be to uninstall then reinstall, but that would get rid of all your save data...

NeroS

My bro suggested the same but he said it would ask me whether to save them or not.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I don't think it would save your save files if you did an uninstall, but you should be able to make a backup of the file prior.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
You can generally port your save files if you know where the game saves them and you recreate directories the files are stored in (if needed. Often times just places the files in the directories you found them in works).

As for the error, any number of issues can be causing your problem. I'd call Capcom technical support and report this error. If it keeps happening at only one spot (mission 19) in particular, then I'm going to chock it up to a programming glitch. Definitely get a hold of technical support. A patch may exist to fix this problem.

NeroS

well i will contact them but for extra info.I just tested the mission on human difficulty and it appears the same happens there.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
What version of Windows are you running?

I had the same problem with another game running on Windows 7. But Vista is also notorious too. :/

Nessy

could well be a damaged CD, if you want I can link you an ISO. I don't think it's illegal if you actually own the game.

And yes you can easily backup your savegame files.

NeroS

could well be a damaged CD, if you want I can link you an ISO. I don't think it's illegal if you actually own the game.

And yes you can easily backup your savegame files.
Well..gimme the link to try.

NeroS

Well nevermind it anymore guys o.o it fixed itself on the 2nd uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom