• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something new this way comes

Is this gonna be DmC2

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Why are you doing this now Masri? Its far too premature?

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I like trains

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
How DARE you call Tom Baker creepy, he's the DOCTOR you know! No jellybabies for YOU!

That's okay, I don't like jelly babies anyway :3 (Not saying that he wasn't great as the Doctor though... he really suited the role)

Dante Deve Morire

Trapped in Limbo
987Wv3Q.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

So is this basically confirmation that DmC2 is for all intents and purpose cancelled?
No, if you ask me i think everyone in this thread is overreacting.

Fight back will be for THIS SUMMER. Now i dont know when summer starts (after may or something i dont remember duuh):

But ...thats very soon.

And shortly after its released they can then announce DmC 2.

At Gamescom or something.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
still, all this hype in this thread only for it to be...a mobile phone game is a bit of a let down.

D H

Truth be told, I've fallen out of love with the Devil May Cry franchise after the 3 years where fans (on both sides) completely lost their crap. Same thing with Final Fantasy. There's only so much negativity I can stand.

I'd rather Ninja Theory moved on while remembering the lessons in combat they got from Capcom and continuing to outsource their writing. They do that, and I could see them doing pretty well as long as they keep their crap together.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Fight back will be for THIS SUMMER. Now i dont know when summer starts (after may or something i dont remember duuh):

But ...thats very soon.

Well considering that their plan was to use the profits gained from DmC sales to improve their team and gain more workers so they can make an even better DmC(2) and well that backfired so now to make up their losses with mobile games. I doubt this game will work out like they hoped DmC would do and with all the butt kissing EA has been giving them recently who knows if EA would want to make a partnership with them and have NT makes more games for them after this is over.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA buys them out and NT becomes an EA development co. like Visceral and DICE considering EA's tendency to buy out the competition.

IncarnatedDemon

Well considering that their plan was to use the profits gained from DmC sales to improve their team and gain more workers so they can make an even better DmC(2) and well that backfired so now to make up their losses with mobile games. I doubt this game will work out like they hoped DmC would do and with all the butt kissing EA has been giving them recently who knows if EA would want to make a partnership with them and have NT makes more games for them after this is over.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA buys them out and NT becomes an EA development co. like Visceral and DICE considering EA's tendency to buy out the competition.
Well Fight back is relesed this summer, what tells u that a small team isnt working on Fightback and a big team working on intializing development of a AAA game?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well Fight back is relesed this summer, what tells u that a small team isnt working on Fightback and a big team working on intializing development of a AAA game?

It seems that way but based on Tameem's statement about how the original plan was to use profits from DmC to build up their team so they can make a DmC2 and how it backfired and now they're making Fightback and granted they're working on this game with another team. I think they even said that they couldn't work on DmC2 because their failed plan.

Plus its EA for all we know if they're making a big AAA game....its probably for EA. With how big NT has been getting and how well DmC was received among the press and how EA has been praising them lately who knows maybe their next AAA game is by EA (a new IP) and not Capcom (not DmC.....2).

IncarnatedDemon

It seems that way but based on Tameem's statement about how the original plan was to use profits from DmC to build up their team so they can make a DmC2 and how it backfired and now they're making Fightback and granted they're working on this game with another team. I think they even said that they couldn't work on DmC2 because their failed plan.

Plus its EA for all we know if they're making a big AAA game....its probably for EA. With how big NT has been getting and how well DmC was received among the press and how EA has been praising them lately who knows maybe their next AAA game is by EA (a new IP) and not Capcom (not DmC.....2).
Wait did DmC project save NT from going bankrupt or did it save their opportunity of going 2-Team Studio?

I recall reading Tameem saying that in a interview but i am unsure what DmC saved them from. He called DmC a second chance.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wait did DmC project save NT from going bankrupt or did it save their opportunity of going 2-Team Studio?

I recall reading Tameem saying that in a interview but i am unsure what DmC saved them from. He called DmC a second chance.

It might have saved them. I heard from a friend that DmC was NT last chance. If it bombed they were f*cked but apparently it did well enough to save them so now to make up well you know they went into the mobile market.

I guess all DmC's sales/profits wasn't enough to make up for all those expensive motion capture studios and devices.

IncarnatedDemon

It might have saved them. I heard from a friend that DmC was NT last chance. If it bombed they were f*cked but apparently it did well enough to save them so now to make up well you know they went into the mobile market.

I guess all DmC's sales/profits wasn't enough to make up for all those expensive motion capture studios and devices.
Something tells me that they are making this Smartphone game while taking courses for PS4 development.
Tameem was on the PS4 video. And NT takes pride in motion capture(graphics).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Something tells me that they are making this Smartphone game while taking courses for PS4 development.
Tameem was on the PS4 video. And NT takes pride in motion capture(graphics).

It would seem so. I guess we won't be seeing much new games coming out for the 360/PS3 (maybe even the WiiU) if most developers are preparing for next gen.

D H

But ...thats very soon.

They'll either announce it at E3 (though I would hope they learned from their mistake of releasing a CGI trailer with only 6 months of actual work done from DmC... that first reveal set the tone for how the next 2 1/2 years would go) or TGS (Not much better as they'd probably not have much done still since I doubt they went right to work on DmC 2). So we either hear about it this June, this September, or next June. Gamescom isn't big enough for such a reveal.

Though the fact that they shipped 1.1 million copies (meaning they probably sold well under a million retail wise) instead of 2 million copies doesn't bode well for a DmC 2.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Since when does announcing the development of a mobile game mean that DmC2 is never going to happen...?

Man ,what is with this fandom? As soon as another game is being done other than what people expect, everyone thinks it's never gonna happen...

Top Bottom