• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something Dismal... My friend needs help!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;208475 said:
I don't think his parents can help him... He's so far into this that I don't think anything can pull him out... He actually thinks Shane is real.

But I'll try. I have to be upfront about this. I have to be brave, even if it means my own body harm or even death. If I don't post again...

OMG, don't underestimate how far a parent would go for their own flesh and blood! I'm having second thoughts - maybe he just has an overactive imagination, if he hasn't actually intentionally wounded himself badly. But like Dani, I too believe that demons are real (but that's a different topic all together) Although he doesn't sound possessed, so if he does decide to attack you, you should go prepared. Pepper spray works. Then knock him over the head and drag him to the nearest therapist. But first off, why WOULD he attack you in the first place? If you're just trying to talk to him about getting help, he shouldn't hurt you.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Er, what's with all the holy water, bibles and self defence stuff? Seriously, this is not your problem and you are not responsible for this person's actions. Insofar as your part goes, be a friend to him - that's what he needs. Speak to a trusted adult who is in a place of authority and can actually help him rather than trying to tackle this sort of thing on your own. He is clearly suffering from some sort of mental instability and you really need to set aside the whole "but he'll kill me/himself/everyone" stuff - all of it is highly unlikely and subject to gross over-emotionalism. If you try to do this by yourself you will end up burnt out and completely drained so tell someone, let them take it from there and be a friend to this guy. Sure, he might not appreciate it now but long-term that's all you can do.

But honestly? All this holy water stuff is just a bit silly. For a start, it won't do anything even if he were to be demon possessed as has been suggested here. Neither will clutching a bible, crossing yourself or lighting a certain number of candles on a cloudy day in June or whatever. If he is suffering from delusions and hallucinations, as it seems to be, he needs professional help.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
clairavance;208467 said:
I still say try talking to him about getting help first, DT. If you're really the only person he's told, he's going to know it was you if the ppl at school approach him about this, whether you sent them an anonymous letter or not. You could lie to your friend and tell him it wasn't you, but then what kind of friend would that make you? I say, be up front, be genuine, be honest, and be vigilent in your approach to this.

Be sure to try and put it in a way he knows you're doing what's best for him, I had a similar occurrence to this about 3 years ago; but that's a different story. But like the quote, be sure you're honest and vigilant; good luck with this dude D:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
To be honest DT. I'm not good at giving advice. But your friend does sound as if he needs professional help.
The most worrying thing is that he can harm himself on such an extreme level, so i can see why you are concerned for your own saftey.
By the sounds of it, he either won't tell anyone or he's not ready to tell anyone.
It does sound schizophrenia and not possession.
I think its best to tell someone that you are worried or else one day he may go to far harming himself.
Good Luck
VB

aka958

Don't trust people
...What the hell? You aren't a hero, you aren't a parent, you don't have a clue about how to deal with others mental instability like this and still you wanna try? If you gotta watch him all the time and make sure he doesn't do anything bad then you'll lose your own freedom...

You are a kid, he is a kid. Stupid stuff like this happens at the teens, I have no clue how but that's how it is. What he said is over the limit, you can't promise to keep a secret for a friend that is willing to share not knowing what it is. If it is something like a crush or something small that's okey but something like this?
You can't keep it hidden, he is struggling alone and that is why he is in this pain. He needs people trying to help him but he can't spread it around, he don't want to. Why do you think he shared that secret with you?
Also, NEVER EVER say that the parents can't do anything. They can't do a thing but a kid can? They are his parents, they love him and they would do everything to help him (I think).

He gave you a burden telling this, that is why I keep my feelings and downs for myself. I don't wanna burden anyone, nor do I want to get a burden from someone else.

Sparda™

aka958;208575 said:
...What the hell? You aren't a hero, you aren't a parent, you don't have a clue about how to deal with others mental instability like this and still you wanna try? If you gotta watch him all the time and make sure he doesn't do anything bad then you'll lose your own freedom...

You are a kid, he is a kid. Stupid stuff like this happens at the teens, I have no clue how but that's how it is. What he said is over the limit, you can't promise to keep a secret for a friend that is willing to share not knowing what it is. If it is something like a crush or something small that's okey but something like this?
You can't keep it hiden, he is struggling alone and that is why he is in this pain. He needs people trying to help him but he can't spread it around, he don't want to. Why do you think he shared that secret with you?
Also, NEVER EVER say that the parents can't do anything. They can't do a thing but a kid can? They are his parents, they love him and they would do everything to help him (I think).

He gave you a burden telling this, that is why I keep my feelings and downs for myself. I don't wanna burden anyone, nor do I want to get a burden from someone else.

Agreed with everything said in this post.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;208575 said:

You can't keep it hidden, he is struggling alone and that is why he is in this pain. He needs people trying to help him but he can't spread it around, he don't want to. Why do you think he shared that secret with you?

VERY good points. Good luck DT.

Durante

Dead
Im surprised with such many replies,and most of them are indeed funny :D :p no offense intended though. If you want to be a real friend you'll probably want to help him. It's not his fault though,if he didin't do any satanic rituals or something like that im sure that's just his mind playing on him :lol: you either bring an expert psychologist or leave him be.

Top Bottom