• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Here is the list of some of the news that I have heard. If I am incorrect, inform me so I don't make stupid mistakes:

Good news: PS3 is released somewhere in November 2006 *or so what I heard*
Bad news: It's bloody expensive:wacko:

Good news: Devil May Cry 4 is coming out next year
Bad news: Instead of Spring 2007, it comes out Winter 2007

Good news: Dante returns
Bad news: He is not the protagonist. Someone named Nero is the main guy.
:mad:

Since my nose is stuck between books, while studying for a research assignment in college, I can't go back and forth around the internet or Gamestop to seek information regarding Devil May Cry 4. Therefore, I'm going to ask you guys: What in the hell is going on with Devil May Cry 4? Who is this Nero character? And will Vergil return?

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Um....just so you know, this isnt news at all-I mean, if you have just heard about all this info then okay, but all that has been known for a bit now. Nero is a new character-very cool. Look in the DMC4 section of this forum site and go to the first look thread-there are some videos there.

machindix

Atikkin;6883 said:
Good news: PS3 is released somewhere in November 2006 *or so what I heard*
Bad news: It's bloody expensive:wacko:

Sony's announced an emergency price drop at the TGS... the list price for PS3 will be 49980 Yen, which is approximately $424 USD.

That's a lot cheaper than what we've previously expected if you ask me.

_Sparda_

The Legendary Knight
I found out some more news for the sake of all of you:

Good: Capcom wants to lower the difficulty.

Bad: Most of the fans like how hard it is already, so Capcom will make DMC4 just as hard as DMC 3.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good: Nero has a host of attacks. On his left arm, he carries some type of demonic glove that can be used by tapping the 'O' button. It is confirmed that the glove will always be usable.

Bad: The 'O' button was used for style techniques in the last one. Capcom may not return with any of the styles this time around, and the button commands are identical to DMC3.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good: Capcom confirmed that there will not be any backtracking in the whole game.

Bad: The stages shown at TGS do not have that gothy feel that set a pinncale to the action genre Devil May Cry itself. One was a garden, and the second peice at the TGS show showed a step up tower further into the demo.

machindix

_Sparda_;6889 said:
Good: Nero has a host of attacks. On his left arm, he carries some type of demonic glove that can be used by tapping the 'O' button. It is confirmed that the glove will always be usable.

Bad: The 'O' button was used for style techniques in the last one. Capcom may not return with any of the styles this time around, and the button commands are identical to DMC3.

May I ask where you got this piece of information? I know it's still a bit early to judge the game, but this sounds ominous...:( I hope Nero gets more than one style...

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
No, I was thinking the same thing when I was wondering about the Devil Arm button. I was thinking it would be easiest as the circle button cause then we already got used to doing some crazy combos with it in DMC3 with the style stuff...would not be one bit surprised if its true.

Also, would that be so bad? I mean, if anything else, the devil arm will get new abilities as you progress through the game.

Chrysander

machindix;6891 said:
May I ask where you got this piece of information? I know it's still a bit early to judge the game, but this sounds ominous...:( I hope Nero gets more than one style...

I've read the producer say he is getting rid of the styles. Uhmmm, here's the quote (just found it):

"The style system will not be returning for DMC4. Kobayashi stated that while the DMC3 battle system was good, it felt too split up, and he would prefer a more cohesive system."

:dry: >_< :mad: i wonder how the same variety of abilities (or hopefully more) will make an appearance in DMC4

Chrysander

it will be cool if they some how sort it so that there IS just as much variety... but I can't see how just yet. Think about the controls:

R1: target
R2: change weapon
L2: change gun

Triangle: melee attack
Square: shoot
Circle: devil bringer
X: Jump

L3: switch target
select: taunt
start: pause

All that's left is L1 and R3. I really don't think R3 will be used at all. L1 can be used for something else, if DT isn't in the game. However, if Dante is playable, then L1 would be DT, and Circle would be free (as he doesn't have devil bringer).

So with Nero, what could L1 be used for? Perhaps it is the 'acceleration' thing. However, are all his weapons going to have acceleration? I don't even know if this new idea requires a new button anyway. So if it doesn't, it is still open for something new. But is it really going to be that versatile? You can have L1, back+L1, forward+L1, jump+L1, jump+forward+L1, jump+back+L1. Not much more than that... even so, would they put such a variety of things, as varied as all the styles combined, into this one button? I can't see how! But maybe in DMC4, you will get 20 different weapons. Then styles wouldn't bother me so much because there would be a great variety just in the weapons.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Sufficient information, I see? Well, as far as I got here Nero is some dude with a demonic possessed arm who can kick some demon butt. If that's the case, then he can't devil trigger like Dante or Vergil can, right?

machindix

Atikkin;6921 said:
Sufficient information, I see? Well, as far as I got here Nero is some dude with a demonic possessed arm who can kick some demon butt. If that's the case, then he can't devil trigger like Dante or Vergil can, right?

He's plain human so he can't go DT as far as we know, but it's still hard to say... Maybe his arm will develope some sort of triggering ability later in the game.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Exactly! We dont know for absolute sure yet, but would anyone be surprised? I mean, the DT was Dante and Vergil's thing-so I think it wouldn't be that bad if Nero doesn't have it. I think I'll be having enough fun with his Devil Arm! CAN'T WAIT!

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
hhmmmm.......................dont know
but it would be awsome Nero with DT.........................but i think that his Right arm is the only way that could have DT for Nero

machindix

I know this is a bit off topic, but I just happened to come across a game called God Hand by Clover Studio, and the protangonist, Jean, has this right arm with super powers... just like Nero!! Even though the game looks and plays NOTHING like DMC4 (I looked up some videos of GH and they were hilarious as hell...) I just can't help from thinking that perhaps some of the staffs from GH were somehow envolved in making DMC4...

img01.jpg

We may have found Nero's long lost brother... XD

Jean's hair is not really silver/white in the game, but I still find this concept drawing very amusing. XD

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I don't know now what's the reason of playing DMC 4 from this moment. No styles, no DT... And crappy Nero instead of good old Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom