• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So....

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
If you ever pit Dante against anyone else in fiction, what is your idea setup for Dante?

For me I would have Dante just have all Devil and Firearms throughout the series that have appeared more than once either within the canon of the series and/or crossovers. I would also allow Dante to have all the natural abilities that he had obtained throughout the series. So here's how it would look:

Devil and Firearms:
-Force Edge/Sparda
-Alastor
-Ifrit
-Rebellion
-Yamato
-Nevan
-Beowulf
-Cerberus
-Agni and Rudra
-Kalina Ann
-Ebony and Ivory
-Shotgun

Powers/Abilities obtained:
-Devil Trigger (Lasts 30 seconds with a 5 minute recharge time)*
-Quicksilver (Lasts 3 seconds with a 10 minute recharge time)*
-Doppelganger (Lasts 30 seconds with a 3 minute recharge time)*
-Majin Devil Trigger (Only used in desperation, can only be used once, and only lasts 45 seconds)^

*If Devil Trigger, Quicksilver, and/or Doppelganger are used in combination the recharge time is doubled (or tripled if all 3 are used)

^Majin Devil Trigger can use Quicksilver and Doppelganger for the entire 45 seconds without affecting their recharge times

So What y'all think?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante has more weapons than that if you allow all weapons

also his dt would last longer than that as would all abilities which includes bangle of time and chrono heart because it would not be limited by gameplay or dt runes

TyrantWayne9999

Dante has more weapons than that if you allow all weapons

also his dt would last longer than that as would all abilities which includes bangle of time and chrono heart because it would not be limited by gameplay or dt runes
Well, it's like I said in the first post. I only give Dante the weapons that have appeared MORE than ONCE in the canon of the series and/or crossovers. Also I put restrictions on those abilities in order to give most contenders a fighting chance....

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
his list would be if it was full weapons
sparda
rebellion
yamato
gilgamesh
beowolf
ifrit
agni and rudra
nevan
cerberus
lucifer
vendetta

spiral
artemis
nightmare beta
needlegun
grenadegun
shotgum
ebony and ivory
pandora
the smg's
and more i can't think of

and finally
trickster
gunslinger
swordmaster
royalguard
doppleganger
quicksilver
bangle of time
regular dt
dreadnought
majin dt
sparda dt

but by your way he could still wreck

TyrantWayne9999

his list would be
sparda
rebellion
yamato
gilgamesh
beowolf
ifrit
agni and rudra
nevan
cerberus
lucifer
vendetta

spiral
artemis
nightmare beta
needlegun
grenadegun
shotgum
ebony and ivory
pandora
the smg's
and more i can't think of

and finally
trickster
gunslinger
swordmaster
royalguard
doppleganger
quicksilver
bangle of time
regular dt
dreadnought
majin dt
sparda dt
I figured the styles were more or less a given and some of the weapons you listed did not appear more than once throughout the canon of the series and/or crossovers.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Uh, Tyrant, not to be argumentative, but why did you ask how we would do the set up if you're just going to tell us to only use weapons that have appeared more than once in canon? Ef9 was just trying to say that there were more weapons than you mentioned. If you didn't want to hear it, you could have just ignored him.

---

On topic:
My set up would depend on what kind of bad guy Dante was fighting. Definitely have him use Ebony and Ivory along with Rebellion, just cuz they're classic Dante weapons. =3 Probably the shotgun or smgs for good measure. But, yeah...for the most part, it would depend on who he was fighting, though I'd say almost any weapon would work.

TyrantWayne9999

Uh, Tyrant, not to be argumentative, but why did you ask how we would do the set up if you're just going to tell us to only use weapons that have appeared more than once in canon? Ef9 was just trying to say that there were more weapons than you mentioned. If you didn't want to hear it, you could have just ignored him.

---

On topic:
My set up would depend on what kind of bad guy Dante was fighting. Definitely have him use Ebony and Ivory along with Rebellion, just cuz they're classic Dante weapons. =3 Probably the shotgun or smgs for good measure. But, yeah...for the most part, it would depend on who he was fighting, though I'd say almost any weapon would work.
I was just saying how I would set it up...ya know what this topic is confused. Time jump ship.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I think standard Dante would be the way he was in the beginning of his DMC4 campaign.
-Rebellion
-Ebony&Ivory
-Shotgun
-4 Styles (Swordmaster, Trickster, Gunslinger, Royal Guard) and ONLY those four.

I don't think he'd have every style/weapon he obtained over the course of the series, especially all the ones from 3. It'd make him really, really overpowered against anybody from literally any universe. Plus, I''m not rehearsed if the canon allows him to have every ability.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The thing about Dante is that he's a character with four games of undying power. Literally anyone you pit him with will be unbalanced. And when push comes to shove, people whip out the "stop time" ability when they see Dante might lose the fight.

Top Bottom