• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So why all the Robin Thicke hate?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I find the whole thing hilarious - like, there were two other guys on that Blurred Lines song and only Thicke gets the hassle. Even though Pharrell is also married. But apparently despite co-writing and producing the track, only Robin gets hate.

Whatever.

Both Thicke and Pharrell have (needlessly) defended the lyrics - but some mental women have gone overboard and made it out to be something it's not. It really is not about raping women or whatever nonsense.

The rest of the hate is probably due to that whole Miley Cyrus thing...
That was actually something I found strange.

Why did Robin Thicke get all the hate from some people, YET those same people are enjoying Pharell's music and saying he's such a cool guy?

But like you said, it's ridiculous.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well Pharrell is music's golden boy right now and his collaborations such as Daft Punk as well as his own stuff like Happy means he can do no wrong for the time being. That and the fact that Robin sings the seemingly more offensive lyrics and Pharrell just says hey hey hey. But the guy who does the rap part which has the tasteful(!) line "split your *** in two" - nothing commented on that either.

I guess Thicke is seen as the front man and therefore responsible for everything by default. Kind of like a soap star who plays an evil character gets the complaints even though someone else entirely created the nasty script tjey read from.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I guess Thicke is seen as the front man and therefore responsible for everything by default. Kind of like a soap star who plays an evil character gets the complaints even though someone else entirely created the nasty script tjey read from.

Like that guy in Coronation Street who said he had old women smacking him with handbags in the street, because he played a mean character in the show. Lol.

Top Bottom