• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So why all the Robin Thicke hate?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
robin-thicke-that-grape-juice2.png

So all through my Tumblr, I notice this girl hating mad on Robin Thicke. I asked why, and she said he was apparently a misogynist and sexist.

Two things I had to question; One; How can you be Misogynist (Man who hates women) and sexist at the same time?

And second: Is he really that? I've liked most of his songs, but apparently Blurred Lines is a rape song?
So that begs me to ask;
tumblr_miw877HeGF1qbsheno1_250.gif

Why is he suddenly hated? Why is blurred lines suddenly a rape song?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I find the whole thing hilarious - like, there were two other guys on that Blurred Lines song and only Thicke gets the hassle. Even though Pharrell is also married. But apparently despite co-writing and producing the track, only Robin gets hate.

Whatever.

Both Thicke and Pharrell have (needlessly) defended the lyrics - but some mental women have gone overboard and made it out to be something it's not. It really is not about raping women or whatever nonsense.

The rest of the hate is probably due to that whole Miley Cyrus thing...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I know absolutely nothing about this; I recognize his name, but I don't think I've even heard his music.

It's likely as Angel says; some over-the-top feminazis, or something.

What are the lyrics? Are you sure their hate of him has to do with that song, specifically?

Just curious, is all.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The line that spawned the rape accusations is: "I know you want it" - apparently that translates as "no doesn't mean no"

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The line that spawned the rape accusations is: "I know you want it" - apparently that translates as "no doesn't mean no"

Wait...now I think I know which song you're talking about. It annoys the crap out of me, but only because I heard it like twice, and it got stuck in my head for three weeks. D:

And seriously? They're whining about that? No, it's official-those people need to get laid. :/ That line is nothing in comparison to some of the other crap you hear today.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
'CAUSE SHE'S A GOOD GIRL :rolleyes:
miley-cyrus-vma-twerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.G-QA1EYUtW.gif

Oh my god...I'm crying. X'D

She knew full well what she was doing; he in no way is responsible for her actions...so if that's where some of the hate is coming from, that's just sad.

Other than seeing pictures, I've been fortunate enough not to see the video of her twerking...until now.

Thank you, Frostmourne...traumatized for life.

Meg

*warning incoming feminist*

While I think the amount of hate directed at Robin Thicke is ridiculous, I can definitely see why people have problems with the song. However, given people's animosity toward feminism, I don't feel comfortable explaining. So here's a way better version of the song instead:

EDIT:When I say animosity, I mean people in general. Not the forums.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
^ Feminists aren't a problem-feminazis are. They make it bad for everyone else.

That being said, I don't have any love for Robin, either. I actually don't have an opinion on him-other than the fact I can't stand the song. >.<

By the way, the video is awesome. :laugh:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Apparently Thicke had nothing to do with the 'twerking' performance, it was all Miley's idea (well, so he said in an interview with Alan Carr).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
^ Feminists aren't a problem-feminazis are. They make it bad for everyone else.
Depends on which "Feminazis" you mean.

I have no problem with the "military" or "physical defense" feminists. The only way certain men will understand that "no means no" is through physical violence.

And it takes at least 7 minutes for cops to arrive on the scene. Until then, you're on your own.

Personally, I think women should be tougher instead of relying on their boyfriends/brothers/fathers/cops to defend them.

Sooner or later, you're going to be put in a situation where you have to take care of yourself. The government's not going to save you.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Depends on which "Feminazis" you mean.

I have no problem with the "military" or "physical defense" feminists. The only way certain men will understand that "no means no" is through physical violence.

And it takes at least 7 minutes for cops to arrive on the scene. Until then, you're on your own.

Personally, I think women should be tougher instead of relying on their boyfriends/brothers/fathers/cops to defend them.

Sooner or later, you're going to be put in a situation where you have to take care of yourself. The government's not going to save you.

See, I don't count those women in your examples as feminazis.

My definition of a feminazi is this:

A woman who expects all the same rights and freedoms, but none of the consequences or responsibilities that comes with it. Moreover, feminazis are generally the women who expect better treatment than men, not equal.

A woman fending for herself in those situations is exactly what she needs to be-equal.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
See, I don't count those women in your examples as feminazis.

My definition of a feminazi is this:

A woman who expects all the same rights and freedoms, but none of the consequences or responsibilities that comes with it. Moreover, feminazis are generally the women who expect better treatment than men, not equal.

A woman fending for herself in those situations is exactly what she needs to be-equal.
Oh... my God. This. All of this.

You can't have all the rights and freedoms without responsibility. It's impossible.

Wow. You hit the nail right on the head. I can't think of anything else to say.

Meg

*elephant in the room*

This thread was supposed to be about Robin Thicke. @.@

*goes back to hiding in the corner*

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Got me thinking, what's as annoying as "feminazis" are those men that deride other men for supporting women. Like, if you support women, you're not a man and you've got no balls. I see it everywhere online.

goes without saying these guys don't know what a real man is or is 'supposed' to be. they're probably whiny little boys, if not on the outside, definitely on the inside.

Top Bottom