• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So where was Mundus during past games?

Kishido

Hunter
I mean in DMC2, DMC4 and even now in DMC5 there have been ways for Mundus to come back through one of the portals.

But nothing

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I mean in DMC2, DMC4 and even now in DMC5 there have been ways for Mundus to come back through one of the portals.

But nothing
My headcanon is Mundus losing to Sparda the first time ruined his street cred. A bunch of demons came out of the woodwork to come challenge him for the top dog spot. He literally spent 2000 years just fighting off challengers. Granted he probably could have made other attempts on Sparda but failed till the most recent one.

Same scenario with Dante.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

But nothing

Probably the biggest reason I can think of is to give another ‘big bad guy/threat’ a chance to shine in the games. Mundus is probably cooking something up (he might even end up being referenced in DMC 5 for all we know). Then there’s the “give my regards to my son” line from DMC 1 implying that when Mundus is strong enough to try to conquer humanity that so much time would have surpassed that Dante would have a son by then to put a stop to it.

@Z218 - I like the idea of others challenging Mundus after Dante defeated him. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it. The other demons would step up for their chance to be considered the Prince of Darkness.

Top Bottom