• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So much Spam!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
You're not kidding, Dragonmaster - all our sites have been hit with a massive flood. Dark Drakan and our other mods have been spending almost all day dealing with it.

Just keep reporting and we'll do our best. Steve is looking into it now, I believe, to see if there's anything our end we can do more than the usual measures.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
yeah i remember back when a new thread was like a miracle now your getting new threads every few minutes XD

Dark Drakan

Admin
Everyone to the bomb shelters we are being invaded!

Its been happening over the last few days, something has flooded us with spam for some reason and hundreds of threads are popping up over the entire network not just here. Just report it as usual and the staff will deal with it, hang in there and we will try and keep the boards clear so you dont have to see much of it.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
and so the robots have started taking over by destroying us at our weakest point.....soical networks O_O quick must turn myself into robot to avoid desintigration

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Also I noticed spam here, sometimes spambots sends viewers into illegal content in these spam threads. Can be something done beacuse I don't think that banning by nick is good as these can come again on another one also using another mail too.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Also I noticed spam here, sometimes spambots sends viewers into illegal content in these spam threads. Can be something done beacuse I don't think that banning by nick is good as these can come again on another one also using another mail too.

They are being IP banned and we are banning the emails in mass if they use ones such as @shoes.com etc but harder to get rid of ones that use @gmail and @aol as they can only be IP banned. People should NEVER click the links in the threads and simply report the threads instead. We are getting rid of them as soon as we can but they have infested all of the forums on our network so its taking some time as they also post 24 hours a day.

We have all the staff on it and I alone cleared 300 threads+ yesterday and banned over 50 spambots so times that over all the networks and all the staff and it amounts to a large amount. Im doing it from work and some of the staff are out and about and even doing it from their phones so everything we can do is being done.

lorddemolatron

Premium
They are being IP banned and we are banning the emails in mass if they use ones such as @shoes.com etc but harder to get rid of ones that use @gmail and @aol as they can only be IP banned. People should NEVER click the links in the threads and simply report the threads instead. We are getting rid of them as soon as we can but they have infested all of the forums on our network so its taking some time as they also post 24 hours a day.

We have all the staff on it and I alone cleared 300 threads+ yesterday and banned over 50 spambots so times that over all the networks and all the staff and it amounts to a large amount. Im doing it from work and some of the staff are out and about and even doing it from their phones so everything we can do is being done.

This job must be tiring, I know how that is as I been an Moderator on somesite and fighting with spam was hard as spambots always try to do the same again :/

Dark Drakan

Admin
This job must be tiring, I know how that is as I been an Moderator on somesite and fighting with spam was hard as spambots always try to do the same again :/

Its not just this forum either, Steve has about 6 sites and its happening on them all. Im staff member on 3 of them and on those alone there has been about 500+ threads and 100+ spambots for the staff to deal with.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
wow so hundreds of spambots just appear out of no where

i remember when one appeared a few months after i joined i was like woah a spambot kill it kill it with fire!

lorddemolatron

Premium
Why not recruit a small group of members and assign them as sub forum moderators?

But from time to time is rather needed that active members who had part of forum experience could do moderator work, its hard as these bots always will be to spam forums :/

Top Bottom