• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So! Modern music.

seraphmaycry

Can anyone please help me? i'd like to know if modern music influences behavior, reason i'm unsure is because of the constant whining team vs "we are teams, we can do whatever we want, l0l0l0l0l0l n00b h4x0r" vs team "how dumb are you people to think that you can brainwash people by saying"do this because i say so" we have already proven video games don't spread violence see here http://adc.bmj.com/content/early/2013/02/21/archdischild-2011-301508.full.pdf+html, so the rotten music that modern kids somehow actually LIKE don't make them sleazy bastards"

Anyway, yeah, a link to a nice and proper article or something would be VERY useful.

I'm not omniscient, but i do see the argument of the "no!" team, if i was omniscient that would be really sweet though.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't know about the credibility, but these could be useful:
http://superbrainmusic.com/2011/09/16/how-does-music-affect-the-behavior-of-young-people/

http://behavinglikemusic.webs.com/

I would also add that it's not just listening to music that has an effect on young people. It's a combination of music video imagery, backed up by education they receive, parental influence and the kind of area a child grows up in that determines how they behave.
Sure, music can give the listener a temporary high or make them feel emotions, but Music alone is not the cause of teenagers/ children acting up...at least, that's not how I see it.

seraphmaycry

I don't know about the credibility, but these could be useful:
http://superbrainmusic.com/2011/09/16/how-does-music-affect-the-behavior-of-young-people/

http://behavinglikemusic.webs.com/

I would also add that it's not just listening to music that has an effect on young people. It's a combination of music video imagery, backed up by education they receive, parental influence and the kind of area a child grows up in that determines how they behave.
Sure, music can give the listener a temporary high or make them feel emotions, but Music alone is not the cause of teenagers/ children acting up...at least, that's not how I see it.

i'll make sure to read these.

yeah, music isn't to blame, at least not entirely, teens acting up probably happens because they are in a thin line between being a stupid kiddie and a proper adult, it's like a sort of limbo, some decide to be mature and think they are all grown up and proper, others just decide it shouldn't be just their problem and act out of anger.

or at least that's what i think to be the cause of teens stealing, yelling, lying, cheating, deliberately hurting others, breaking the law with alcohol, drugs, sex etc etc.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
i'll make sure to read these.

yeah, music isn't to blame, at least not entirely, teens acting up probably happens because they are in a thin line between being a stupid kiddie and a proper adult, it's like a sort of limbo, some decide to be mature and think they are all grown up and proper, others just decide it shouldn't be just their problem and act out of anger.

or at least that's what i think to be the cause of teens stealing, yelling, lying, cheating, deliberately hurting others, breaking the law with alcohol, drugs, sex etc etc.
Teenagers are still children, full of hormones and not even sure who they are. They think they know what they want, but then they look back when they are older and realise they were being dumb and regret it. Even the ones who think they are mature tend to look back and wonder what they were thinking.

Being a teenager is very confusing, full of conflicting information, peer pressure, and rules to obey adult figures, while trying to find out who you are, and trying to have some independence.

No wonder some teens act out in extreme ways when teenage life is so confusing, and celebrity role models are offer no guidance. Justin Bieber going off the rails is just a sign of the times for the youth of today.

seraphmaycry

Teenagers are still children, full of hormones and not even sure who they are. They think they know what they want, but then they look back when they are older and realise they were being dumb and regret it. Even the ones who think they are mature tend to look back and wonder what they were thinking.

Being a teenager is very confusing, full of conflicting information, peer pressure, and rules to obey adult figures, while trying to find out who you are, and trying to have some independence.

No wonder some teens act out in extreme ways when teenage life is so confusing, and celebrity role models are offer no guidance. Justin Bieber going off the rails is just a sign of the times for the youth of today.

well i read the articles, interesting to say the least, sounds like the music would have to be very specifically toned to be anything to worry about

Justin beiber going off the rails, i have no idea what that's about, so no comment.

celebritys as role models are a horrible idea, anyway, you shouldn't try to be like the best of the best, you should aim for something, to be sure, but a noob can't beat a pro and shouldn't expect the stars to align for his/her sake so they can be rich and famous, people shouldn't say they want to make lots of money from the music industry unless they are at a level equal to what the currently successful people in the industry where at the age they where at, or somewhere similar, one training montage don't equal an entire life that was a training montage.

trying to find out who you are is a funny thing for teens, it never bothered me in the past, and i see no reason for it to bother me now, my brain doesn't reconstruct itself daily, and many aspects of physcology show that my decisions are situational, i am human, same as i was before, that's all i need to know.

there is also alot of irrational blaming i see going on as well, i'd like nothing more than to slap those who do it and am even more frustrated when i do it myself.

shame i can't influence behavior with music.... it sounded interesting (evil laugh)

than there is the mature ones, who think they are adults, because what's just a few more years?

proper role models aren't something i agree with anyway, you shouldn't be told to live a certain way, just to avoid certain things.

don't make up some guy who eats nutritional food and is really nice, just tell gets the advantages of doing those things.

people are gonna pick up the information they are exposed to if told it is true or correct, because how else are you supposed to learn?if you surround them with sleazy celebrities then they will certainly believe
those peoples opinions and ideas if that's the only ones they get to hear.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Personally I believe that music is a very powerful medium ans definitely influential on behaviour up to a point. It certainly affects emotional states if nothing else. And any music can do that, modern or otherwise.

Loopy makes some excellent points of course and music alone cannot be the sole reason for why certain people behave a particular way - but i feel that music has a bigger role than some people realise.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Just found something else interesting. I'm not sure how true it is, but I have heard about it before. Apparently people are able to make music that has the same effect as taking drugs when listened to, and it has become popular with teens.

Got to admit though, this article does blow the whole thing out of proportion, especially considering this method of getting high is unverified...unless it's the kind of high you get going to a concert?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/

seraphmaycry

Just found something else interesting. I'm not sure how true it is, but I have heard about it before. Apparently people are able to make music that has the same effect as taking drugs when listened to, and it has become popular with teens.

Got to admit though, this article does blow the whole thing out of proportion, especially considering this method of getting high is unverified...unless it's the kind of high you get going to a concert?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/digital-drugs/

Yeah, the article does go crazy, other then the first one, the rest apparently cost money, it's just a slightly less suspicious way to achieve the same thing.

I never even knew about this so if it exists, people where probably trying to hide it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom