• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SO MGR

AlchemistFromEden

is less than five hours long apparently, not counting cutscenes,
mgre.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Anyone can speed rush games, if it was less than 5 hours after unlocking everything etc then maybe that would be a bigger issue.

Resident Evil 2 is less than 2 hours long if you know it off by heart. It's a good 2hours as well.

I heard MGR records your fastest time the second time around, so I dunno. It comes out soon in Australia so I'll be able to see for myself.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
You can speedrun Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in one hour too.

I would bet that screen is from a speed run since Inaba have confirmed via Twitter that the game records your fastest time and then piles it together at the end.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
It's pretty clear from the demo that the game emphasizes speed of execution over combo variance or the like. Hopefully the gameplay and set pieces are diverse enough to make it work.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Well, how many hours had MGS4 with no cutscenes? I hope we get a lot of cutscenes in Rising, and there may be some codec time to increase the total time.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
So apparently, the tally at the end of the game only logs the time you spend in open combat, and seeing as many major battles can be evaded using stealth it makes a lot more sense now.

It really was a derpy move by Platinum to not make this clear from the outset. You'd think they'd have the common sense to clearly denote actual playtime, seeing as gamers aren't likely to buy a game that they don't think will be their money's worth.

IncarnatedDemon

Let me tell you something. Majority of people reviewing games often go for easy, normal or hard depending on how serious they take their job and their duty towards being honesty to their viewers.

Rising has very hard and Revengeance difficulty as well. And since it's a hack and slash - where the fun of the game is to replay it again and dominate or improve:

Then your looking to play the game on hardest difficulty couple more time before u stop.

For a game like Rising i will play it on normal, hard, very hard and revengeance.
I will play Revengeance 2 or more times as well.

What should concern players is enemy variety
Is the gameplay session shorts
to little enemies?

To many cutscenes?
Is the gameplay good?

Stuff like that.

AlchemistFromEden

Let me tell you something. Majority of people reviewing games often go for easy, normal or hard depending on how serious they take their job and their duty towards being honesty to their viewers.

Rising has very hard and Revengeance difficulty as well. And since it's a hack and slash - where the fun of the game is to replay it again and dominate or improve:

Then your looking to play the game on hardest difficulty couple more time before u stop.

For a game like Rising i will play it on normal, hard, very hard and revengeance.
I will play Revengeance 2 or more times as well.

What should concern players is enemy variety
Is the gameplay session shorts
to little enemies?

To many cutscenes?
Is the gameplay good?

Stuff like that.
no the majority go for normal difficulty since that is the difficulty the game is meant to be played on, and then they do other difficultiesthis is common knowledge -_-

Well actually that varies nowadays.
Since many games today normal difficulty setting really don't provide the challenge some look for because it's nerfed for casual gamers, alot of veteran gamers start on the hard difficulty setting on their very first play through of a game.
And i agree with IncarnatedDemon, i'd think reviewers would want to spend as less time as possible on one game because they have others waiting to be reviewed. So a fair play through on normal would be the way they'd go to get the basic idea of how the game is.
Which kinda would be a review of only normal difficulty when hard difficulty could tell a slightly different story altogether.
Fighting style may change to be more aggressive where on normal enemies could be hesitating & holding back

Well said, couldn't have said it better myself.

IncarnatedDemon

There is a reason games are rushed. There is a reason why Rising is flawed (yes it is flawed), and Rising supporters like me will say it outloud. It is a professional game, it needs to hit a deadline, similar to reviewers need to hit a deadline for their reviews.
But Rising is FIRST entry in the hack and slash of Metal Gear. Therefor it shouldn't be dismissed as "This game has flaws, **** it". ising has received 8-8.5. I rate it currently at 8.2.

However, in MGR 2 - if the same flaws are there as in Rising i.e they haven't improved the game - then my rating will go from 8.2 down to 7.0.
Why? Because as i said, first game is a FOUNDATION. It can't be perfected, hell DMC 1 wasnt, neither was Darksider 1.

And i saw alot of reviewers, many of them just button mashed. Barely any1 did any stylish stuff like seen in trailer. So i don't believe they played on hard much at all.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Well said, i don't believe Rising is without it's flaws either and whether we see a sequel to Rising or not, i'd like to see them take Rising's flaws to heart for whatever game Platinum makes next, which should be Bayonetta 2 i believe.

IncarnatedDemon

Well said, i don't believe Rising is without it's flaws either and whether we see a sequel to Rising or not, i'd like to see them take Rising's flaws to heart for whatever game Platinum makes next, which should be Bayonetta 2 i believe.
Thanks. I am in love with Rising katanes and stuff.

P.S if Rising is to easy for you, equip Wooden sword - i think u wont damage enemies with that :p

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Thank you for the suggestion but i'm having enough fun on Hard mode as it is thank you :p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Can we please just keep this conversation for the actual revengeance thread instead over making several other threads?

Top Bottom