• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so Kyrie & Credo worshiped Sparda!

King of Hell

Must Die
I never really thought about it this way, Kyrie seemed religious (the order's religion of course), so she probably worshiped Sparda, Credo might be just a General or something, but Kyrie was definitely religious enough to worship him.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
King of Hell;262246 said:
I never really thought about it this way, Kyrie seemed religious (the order's religion of course), so she probably worshiped Sparda, Credo might be just a General or something, but Kyrie was definitely religious enough to worship him.

yeah, that's the whole point of the order of the sword. they all worship Sparda. and Kyrie appears to be a devout member of the order. so Kyrie worships Sparda. ( and yet she didn't take the time to chat with Sparda's son even after he helped save her life)

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Well, she was only there to be a victim, after all. Not strike up a conversation. Blat. I just don't like Kyrie. What a useless character. *grumble* They might as well have given Nero a pet dog to save. It would have been more interesting. Heh.

King of Hell

Must Die
yeah I know the order worshiped Sparda, but I never looked at Kyrie as a Sparda worshiper, it haven't even crossed my mind, but when I played the game yesterday, it just came to my mind.
& Dante never told them he was Sparda's son, all they know is that he's a strong demon slayer, maybe Nero guessed he was Sparda's son, but Kyrie only met Dante in the end (& when he shot Sanctus), so I doubt she knew he was Sparda's son.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
We don't really see anyone 'worshipping' Sparda beyond listening to Sanctus giving a sermon or singing hymns, but you have to assume they accept the Order's beliefs in him as a messiah figure (except Nero, who seems uninterested in the dogma but faithful to his purpose in the Order). Makes you wonder what certain members of the Order were told about the power being used to make them stronger and like 'angels'. Do the lower members like Kyrie and the guards acknowledge Sparda's demonic heritage or do they see him as an angelic figure? Obviously the higher-ups knew it was demonic power they were messing with, but it's doubtful they'd have openly endorsed using it.

moseslmpg

I'm pretty sure all the Order members know Sparda was demonic. Wasn't that the whole point of Sanctus' opening sermon? It is vey vague though, the whole morality of the Order. They are kind of half-hearted vigilantes.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Kittn;262470 said:
Well, she was only there to be a victim, after all. Not strike up a conversation. Blat. I just don't like Kyrie. What a useless character. *grumble* They might as well have given Nero a pet dog to save. It would have been more interesting. Heh.

i'm pretty sure there are other threads to express your dislike of Kyrie. and if there aren't any at the moment you can make one. or since it's already been established that alot of people don't like kyrie you could just keep it to yourself. everything that can be said against kyrie has been said a million times already. at this point it's just spamming. it was irritating enough when it was a new subject. at this point there are probably people who agree with you who are tired of hearing about it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
moseslmpg;262660 said:
I'm pretty sure all the Order members know Sparda was demonic. Wasn't that the whole point of Sanctus' opening sermon? It is vey vague though, the whole morality of the Order. They are kind of half-hearted vigilantes.

What's that from Credo, about being 'an angel' then, I wonder. Nero is disgusted with him, the way he speaks of demons isn't with any reverence or acceptance.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Lexy;262670 said:
What's that from Credo, about being 'an angel' then, I wonder. Nero is disgusted with him, the way he speaks of demons isn't with any reverence or acceptance.

all demons are hated by the order except Sparda.

King of Hell

Must Die
well, in the opening scene, Sanctus said "Sparda turned against his demon brethren for the sake of mankind", so I'm sure they knew he was a demon.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
@darkslayer: I'm sorry, I thought you were making a point about how undeveloped her character was when you mentioned her failure to speak to Dante. So I thought I was agreeing with you. No need to get defensive, eh.

Top Bottom