• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I worked on DmC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
As Above, So Below comes out on August 15th.

Thanks for answering my questions. I didn't know that Vergil needed to use Yamato with both hands because he needed to compensate. I just thought it was a personal choice.

Speaking of which, Vergil's Yamato is in the real world; is that because he has greater control of his power?

And you're right; corruption is pretty much everywhere.

I think what Railazel meant to say was: Did you consider making the platforming in DmC more like Prince of Persia before deciding on the Angel/demon "auto-jumps" it has right now (well... I don't call it "automatic" but some people do)?

A lot of people think that third-person melee action games aren't as popular as they used to be, and therefore aren't seeing a lot of releases. What do you think? Should we just go back to 2D action for the niche crowd?

Speaking of which, a lot of people say that it's possible to have "great" graphics and still make a profit... I think that's being too optimistic. If it were me in charge of a 3D game, I would have just had "middle-of-the-road" graphics so that I can maintain the framerate at 60 fps and not have to worry about costs.

I would have even had low-end graphics, if it meant making a return... but since I'm not in charge of those things, I think it'd be better if I just stopped here.

If you had a choice on directing your choice of game, what would it be? A character & action driven game (e.g. Prince of Persia), or just one that focuses on "drama" (e.g. Papers Please)?

Random note: I recommend watching a show called "Turn" on AMC (not for "directing tips" but just for fun). It's probably one of the best historical dramas I've seen yet.

The Ong Bak and District B13 series are also pretty good, but that's besides the point.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Are you able to explain a little bit more about how the dimensional Limbo affects the real world? We were told and we saw that the effects of what happens in Limbo are echoed in the human world to a degree, but any idea how that works?

We see the Hunter throw the ferris wheel off its hinges in Limbo and then it's also rolling down the pier in the human world too, and we see Dante burst out of the church window and the force causes the steeple to collapse, but how does this work?

How is it different from when Limbo morphs itself to impede Dante by closing off passages or breaking the floor apart? Did those impediments have unseen consequences in the human world or do those "echoed effects" require the hands of a person (like the Hunter or Dante) to cause an effect that echoes into the human world?

Railazel

No Malice is the manifestation of the demon world... black blood, the black crystals ripping through the real world, etc...

Not really answering my question... Let me be a little bit more specific. Who's the voice that talks to Dante in Limbo?

I'm not sure I understand your last question, can you give an example?

Take the first platforming sequence in Under Watch. Did you guys ever think of adding in more platforming options to that as opposed to it being linear?

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Hi! I just made an account because I couldn't pass up on the chance to ask an actual developer from the game some questions :) I'm a big fan of the DMC-games in general and I think overall DmC turned out great and that Vergil's downfall was an excellent piece of dlc! What I liked most about VD was that it felt closer to the original games and that you could tell that there was much thought and care put into the details, and how close the gameplay is to classic Vergil, like how Vergil sheathed his sword after a combo and that you could fire summoned swords during combos. I felt right at home with DmC-Vergil :D And most importantly I truly appreciated that the difficulty and challenge was raised in VD.

Alright, on to the questions:
In the concept arts for the mission regarding saving Kat and finding Vergil in The Order, there is pictures of operating tables with blood on them and x-ray scans of what looks to be humans in The Order headquarters and then in the mission after that in the cutscene before you go to Lilith's club you can see that there's blood on Vergils gloves (atleast, it seems to be blood) when he's by the computer. Is that suggesting that Vergil was experimenting on humans/demons? And if so, why? Just odd details I noticed that brought up some thought. Seems like a weird thing for him to do, if that's the case.

I was also wondering if Vergil had any combat experience prior to fighting Dante? I mean, you can tell that he knows what he's doing and that he's obviously trained himself, but, has he actually ever fought any demons prior to the showdown with Dante? Seeing as how Vergil was adopted and grew up wealthy and successfull, it seems like he was pretty wellhidden from demons and never had to fight them. But just like Dante he had rediscovered his roots in their family mansion, but did he also do it in Limbo like Dante? If he did do it in Limbo, shouldn't he have encountered some demons, then?

Thanks for your time, and I think it's great that you take time to come on a forum to answer fan-questions!

Last edited:

herrblitzdiktator

Holy Beowulf, I mean, oh my god, I just can't believe I'm gonna ask to a guy who worked in the DmC reboot, ehem:
First, a bunch of nonsensical things:
1. I loved Vergil's Downfall, it felt so surreal, and it was pretty awesome imho
2. Nero Angelo really suits it.
3. At first, I was like EVERYONE else, about the whole "black hair" cr*p, and the haircut reminded me of the "wachiturros/cacos" how they're called in where I live
1261325861262_f.jpg
, but I started warming up little by little, and I ended up loving (and I no longer see him as a... "wachiturro") the whole design and everything (except the hair, I think it's kinda bad, but it's just me) .
4. Talexi's artwork is amazing, when I get the money (because I'm going to need a lot, because I live in Argentina and the whole importation thing is... well.... VERY difficult and expensive), I'm gonna buy the artbook.

Now, the questions:
1. Was Dante really necessary have short hair instead of long hair (bah, long, I have long hair, Original Dante has more of medium lenght hair)? Because, when I saw it at first I thought he looked really generic in my opinion.
Reminded me of this article: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ActionGenreHeroGuy

2. Was really The Crow an inspiration for Neo Dante outfit? because of the sash I thought it was a 21th Century Prince of Persia.

3. What's your opinion on the musical department in both the original campaign and VD?
4. Off-topic:
Have you played Dark Souls? Do you know Berserk?

PD: I knew I wasn't the only one who was reminded of Soul Reaver.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ah. Before I forget, I do have one complain about Vergil's Downfall. I don't know why but you guys did not include an unlockable costume of Vergil looking normal as he does in the main game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ah. Before I forget, I do have one complain about Vergil's Downfall. I don't know why but you guys did not include an unlockable costume of Vergil looking normal as he does in the main game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Oh yeah, same for me;

You guys gave Dante the classic skin, so why not the same for Vergil?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh yeah, same for me;

You guys gave Dante the classic skin, so why not the same for Vergil?
Not classic Vergil, DmC Vergil sans the wounds and the bruces. I can pretty much guess that there is no classic Vergil because of the low sales and pre-orders for VD.

Jayay12

So, now I've gotten interested in asking as well.
First things first: It's amazing you're taking your time to answer these questions! I frequently visited this thread to read your answers, and now I wanna ask myself.
Seeing that Vergil wanted to rule everything by himself (and with Dante maybe), how did he plan on doing this? Wouldn't that have been a bit hasty? He seems to be the person who would think everything through a hundred times until there's no possibility of failing left, so he sure had to have a plan on how to keep everything together. Everyone obeyed Mundus because of brainwashing and debts, but did Vergil plan on using equally unconventional ways?

Domenic93

So, now I've gotten interested in asking as well.
First things first: It's amazing you're taking your time to answer these questions! I frequently visited this thread to read your answers, and now I wanna ask myself.
Seeing that Vergil wanted to rule everything by himself (and with Dante maybe), how did he plan on doing this? Wouldn't that have been a bit hasty? He seems to be the person who would think everything through a hundred times until there's no possibility of failing left, so he sure had to have a plan on how to keep everything together. Everyone obeyed Mundus because of brainwashing and debts, but did Vergil plan on using equally unconventional ways?
it would seem to me that vergil was planing on showing up after either the demons are on a rampage and shows that he's the only one who knows how to deal with them and kill them, and take the position of power and lead the humans. or wait for the governments to collapse and do above.

Rolanthas

Well damn, I was just thinking how I should visit the forum a bit. Hey D0nnie, I greatly appreciate your little Q&A here, just caught up with the thread.

Can't think of a question that wasn't already asked atm, just wanted to say being a DMC uber fan since day 1, I was very surprised by, and greatly enjoyed DmC ( still do, of course).

And Vergil's Downfall, damn, that's some nice job there. Almost no missing moves from his DMC 3 version, and I think he translated a bit better to the trigger combat system DmC used. Anyway, cheers !

Gbraga

Wow, it's been a while since I've been around here. Just finished reading the thread and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom