• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I hear there will be a Devil May Cry movie??

DMC-Rebellion

Hey all this is my first post I'd like to kick it off and discuss that iv been hearing a few rumours that they are making Devil May Cry the movie? All I heard so far that the people that make the resident evil movies have bought the rites to make it. What are your thoughts and do you think these rumours are true and what do you think the plot will be?? Thanks

seraphmaycry

didn't i make a thread bout this once? anyway i heard it was about dante avenging the death of his mother though i'm pretty sure he did that anyway i heard a couple of things that sound like a bad fanfic. i also herad he gonna try free sparda i DO know that the movie is scheduled for 2016 so looooong wait

DMC-Rebellion

Haha sorri I dunno if i saw yours. Anyways yes Dante did a avenge his mothers death and the idear of trying to free his father sounds like a good idear but surly they can't just base it on Dante it'll be nice if they can add Vergil ect it is a long wait I don't relli want to wait 3 years lol but I hope with all this time there spending on it it'll be amazing wont be to happy if they mess it up.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I hope its not true but it probably is, videogame movies rarely if not ever work the only one that i think was good was the phoenix wright movie but to be fair its been years since i've played the game it was based on so i can't really have a say on whether it stays true to the game but i do know Screen Gems bought the rights to make the movie and their the ones who put out the Resident evil movies and none of those were any good at all. a DmC movie would just not work for one it only do well in niche group of people and it relies heavily on "They Live" among other things. The characters themselves are pretty shallow and the only way that could be fixed is if the director who works on the film did a major over haul

It could be something like Resident Evil movie. Sounds scary,

"Directed by Paul W.S Anderson"

coLLTNX.jpg

Calling it.

I should check imdb for more info.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
He also did the mortal kombat movies just you watch if he directs this the main character will be played by Milla Jovovich

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm generally worried about where the movie will take place. Will it be before or after DmC.

I also wonder that if there's gonna be a DmC movie for 2016, does that mean that Capcom isn't done with DmC yet?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
If they make the movie by using this technology and hire Reuben for the role of Dante, I'll be happy.
If they don't, I'll probably download a crappy cam quality version of it.

didn't i make a thread bout this once?
Yep, so did four or five people before you.
A DMC movie being in the pipeline has been floating around since I first joined this forum.
Although now we can have a little more confidence that it's not just wishful fans because Screen Gems have bought the rights to create a devil may cry movie. That's all I know that is legit.
Whether it'll be based on DmC or DMC or be yet another movie reboot of the series is yet to be seen. I don't know who said it's going to be based off DmC, therefore I wouldn't trust it unless you hear it from the horses' mouth in an interview or something.

I'm generally worried about where the movie will take place. Will it be before or after DmC.

I also wonder that if there's gonna be a DmC movie for 2016, does that mean that Capcom isn't done with DmC yet?

2016 is a long way away. If they wanted to keep it relevant or keep people interested. I think it should be 2014-15 at the latest.

Top Bottom