• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So can Dante's power be considered beyond God-like ?

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
He killed the ruler of Demon World so easily, and he never took a scratch through out DMC2
P.S don't need to be a God literally, just possesses some kind of God power....

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
What exactly is "beyond god-like" supposed to mean in this context. Dante beat Argosax easily but we don't know how Argosax compares to other powerful demons. It could be weaker than the Savior or it could be stronger than Mundus.

To know how strong Dante is we need something to compare him to but the only enemy he has fought seriously that is still alive is Mundus and he isn't really avalible at the moment.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well DMC1 indirectly told us that Dante is stronger than Sparda, so Dante being stronger than Argosax makes total sense. Mundus and Sparda were god-like in terms of raw power (Kinda like the Greek gods) so Dante being stronger than both would make him super god-like. Dante is just really, really strong lol.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Dante beat Argosax easily but we don't know how Argosax compares to other powerful demons. It could be weaker than the Savior or it could be stronger than Mundus.
Argosax the Chaos was a powerful Demon King who once ruled the Demon World.[1]

So weaker than Mundus[if he was dethroned by Mundus he had to have been defeated], but strong enough to rule Hell. Dante bitch slapped him + TDE without even using a devil arm, whereas Sparda only defeated/sealed him away. Add to that the fact that at the end of DMC2 Dante decides to "go all the way to hell", where Mundus is probably sitting around at full power, I think we can assume DMC2 Dante is easily the most powerful thing in the DMC universe.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well said plus despair embodied was a tier above argosax in power and probably mundus too possibly and dante beat it without even going dt or working uo a sweat.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
I imagine TDE is weaker than Mundus, but only slightly. As I said before, Mundus had to dethrone Argosax to become the ruler of Hell. Or maybe TDE actually is stronger than Mundus, and that's why Mundus didn't kill Argosax, because he knew TDE would be released. Either way, DMC2 Dante is on a ridiculous level of power.

I think the really impressive thing is that DMC2 Dante managed to kill both Argosax and TDE without a devil arm, whereas Sparda sealed Argosax whilst he had access to his own sword, Yamato and who knows what other devil arms.

Random thought - is Rebellion actually a devil arm? The DMC wiki classifies it as one, but it doesn't really seem to have any extra abilities that the others do. The only things it's done that makes it seem special is the crossguard, hilt and pommel changing when Vergil stabbed Dante with it. All the other devil arms have either an elemental power or some sort of special ability; from Alastor's lightning, A&R's fire/wind, Yamato and Sparda being able to open/close Hell gates etc.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it is a devil arm yes but has no actual powers other than being a conduit to channel dante‘s demonic energy through drive etc

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
it is a devil arm yes but has no actual powers other than being a conduit to channel dante‘s demonic energy through drive etc
Only DmC said that Drive was "a shockwave of devil energy", 3/4 say "a lightning quick swing of the sword that sends a powerful sword-induced shockwave toward enemies" which just sounds like Dante is swinging it so hard it creates a sonic boom kind of thing.

remember,Mundus might not have battled Argosax alone.Maybe with a certain general named Sparda,maybe?
I thought of it more as a "might makes right" scenario in Hell, so I assumed the most powerful being would be the de facto ruler. But I guess it could have been more of a civil war type thing, where Mundus only won because his army was stronger.

Only DmC said that Drive was "a shockwave of devil energy", 3/4 say "a lightning quick swing of the sword that sends a powerful sword-induced shockwave toward enemies" which just sounds like Dante is swinging it so hard it creates a sonic boom kind of thing.

I thought of it more as a "might makes right" scenario in Hell, so I assumed the most powerful being would be the de facto ruler. But I guess it could have been more of a civil war type thing, where Mundus only won because his army was stronger.
maybe

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@InfernalOverkill: I thought Rebellion was linked to Dante's Devil Trigger. And was used to awaken it. Clearly it does not close or open Hell Gates.

DanteTheJester

That devil hunting douche who married a pizza.
By human standards anyone in anime, manga, games can be considered god like if they have any kind of unatural powers. So going beyond that isn't a really big feat and all. If he were to blow up the planet or something and recreate it, then I might think he made an incredible amount of progress in the "going beyond god like" category. But I don't even see how he can really be THAT powerful.

It's not like guys like Goku, Superman, Shin Getter Dragon (Shin Getter Robo fusing it's powers), or Mxy (The imp prick who loses if you say his name backwards and yet he can manipulate a universe easily).

Top Bottom