• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So apparently Dante was some kind of Mortal Kombat ninja in the beginning

crush

Aww...That three stages of Dante's life is so creative.
It could have been like Star wars episode 1-3 In which Dante grows up like Anakin Skywalker.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Its a darn shame that he never actually puts on his hoodie
dmc_final_thumb.jpg

GF9000000Returns

I definitely LOVE the one in the middle. If they could've sticked to that one, there wouldn't have been an outrage back when the first trailer came out.

And the current Dante looks badass with his hood on!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I definitely LOVE the one in the middle. If they could've sticked to that one, there wouldn't have been an outrage back when the first trailer came out.

And the current Dante looks badass with his hood on!

I actually don't like the middle one because it looks less like the original Dante and fans wouldn't like that and call him a "gay emo ninja naruto guy".

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
The left one looks like Jason Statham

It should, it looks like it was referenced from a specific photo of Jason Statham. I know this because I have that photo for...research purposes. A little too rugged for Dante, methinks. Although Statham does look good with hair on his head for once.

Anyway, the far right drawing is frigging amazing. Get rid of the weird sash and loincloth and it would have been perfect, a unique take, but still the familiar badass in red. Man, we could have had it all, Capcom and NT. We could have had it aaallll.

To be fair, that Dante wouldn't have fit at all with the story NT eventually came up with. This guy looks like a competent freedom fighter with a cause, to me, instead of an aimless punk newly recruited by freedom fighters. That would have been an interesting take, but not good for an origin story, if the main character is already settled into who he is and what he's fighting for.

Anyway, I'm sad now.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
l_51556bb2409e1.jpg

l_51556bb27a7a2.jpg

l_51556bb2676f3.jpg

Seriously?

I found the first pic funny. (Because he fits so well in that pic if he didn't have the gauntlets and mask and greeves.)

The second pic isn't accurate. New Dante doesn't seem like the type to listen to that kind of music.

The third pic is dead on, because I could see old Dante wearing those kind of clothes. New Dante looks the type to wear more Brooklyn or street style.

Top Bottom