• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Demon, you have no room to talk. You come up with the silliest things to bash DmC with. Dissing DmC because it tries to make itself more like its predecessors is a bad thing?

You're trying to say that because DmC preserves the things that make Devil May Cry Devil May Cry, it means NT is somehow only copy and pasting things and somehow having the work half done for them.

You know how dumb that sounds? NT still developed the entire game from the ground up themselves. They had previous developers come in and give some input but they still made DmC.

They incorporated many similar combat techniques. You know why? BECAUSE THEY WERE STILL MAKING A FREAKING DEVIL MAY CRY GAME!

IT'S ONLY NORMAL TO INCLUDE DEVIL MAY CRY THINGS!

And like I said, you have no room to talk or criticize it. YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED IT.

IncarnatedDemon

Demon, you have no room to talk. You come up with the silliest things to bash DmC with. Dissing DmC because it tries to make itself more like its predecessors is a bad thing?

You're trying to say that because DmC preserves the things that make Devil May Cry Devil May Cry, it means NT is somehow only copy and pasting things and somehow having the work half done for them.

You know how dumb that sounds? NT still developed the entire game from the ground up themselves. They had previous developers come in and give some input but they still made DmC.

They incorporated many similar combat techniques. You know why? BECAUSE THEY WERE STILL MAKING A FREAKING DEVIL MAY CRY GAME!

And like I said, you have no room to talk or criticize it. YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED IT.
file2.jpg

with a small emphasis on the curse word.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
To be honest I would have pushed a reboot back more to coincide with the next gen system launches in order to give it that maximum push in sales.
This I agree. You do have a good point.
In the mean time just let NT cut their teeth on something else whether it be another IP like Onimusha which people said its more of a fit for their skills or a new ip to get their name out there.
*nods* Mm-hmm!
I felt DMC only needed a reboot since Capcom seemed unwilling to actually sit down and clean up the messy continuity they created. Its messy sure but its not unfixable.

Now this last one is what I really agree with! The "original continuity" went down the drain anyway thanks to DMC2, DMC Anime, and DMC4 (DMC3 seems passable even though it is more of a retcon than a prequel for DMC1; just wished they didn't make the story too similar to Inuyasha)... So the claim made by fans which goes "don't fix what's not broken" has been countered!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
well if you believe that in the context of DmC i'm being conceited, then damn-it, i am. DmC is that ******* kid who didn't ask to be made but was put here anyway and keeps getting flack for just existing. its here. we just gotta get over the why and how and accept it. plus, DmC presents opportunity for devil may cry, not just story wise, but in terms of gameplay as well.

I don't even have to look to tell she won't accept that answer. It's too supportive of DmC for her to accept.

Wait....she's NEVER played it?!

Oh, hell no! Now that's pretty two-sided ID.

Back then, I kept saying DMC4 sucked, until someone told me "Play the game and then say if it comepletely sucks" and guess what? I did. I spent money on a game I don't like and played it for the first time. And it was actually great gameplay wise.

Unless you played the demo to its full potential, then you'd be half bias, but to not play a single shread of DmC, and then say its crap and NT are horrible at their jobs for making something you didn't even play?

Your worse then me before I played DMC4 for the first time.

Overall, it's fine if you don't like DmC. You don't have to like anything you have no interest in.

I just get annoyed by the fanatical fans who act like liking DmC is taboo and consistently bash something without any real reason especially when most have never played it and can't make up their own opinion on the thing.

Being a fan of DmC doesn't make me a real fan of Devil May Cry it seems. Even though I've been playing since the inception. :ermm: Whatever man.

Yeah,but she isn't really that kind of person,she just stated she doesn't like it. I'm sure some would call her a rabid fangirl for this.
At first when I loathed DmC some people were like : DMC crybaby over here. Hmm,aren't we generalizing? Yet,I ignored it.
It's okay if you like it,it's okay if you don't. But when you get attacked for liking that certain something and expressing your dislike towards something you aren't a fan of, that's when it becomes really nasty.:/
And people need to take care of HOW they express this repugnance because people become offended and some even take it way too seriously because they're die-hard fans. (It doesn't matter if they're die-hard fans,just don't insult them for what they like,mkay.)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I love DmC, and I love the original series, but I'm not snobbish about it. There are certain things that I hate and I make no secret about it. But this is the internet and 'shock horror', everyone has opinions.
Sorry dear you only speak for yourself just look at many other replies saying "OH NOES !! We haz standards!!"
I'm sorry but dumbing down the gameplay and making a better story and better graphics is not innovation..
The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
Oh GOD please don't continue this here !!
Right. But the OP made it sound like all DMC fans should be so thankful that DmC exists.
YES That is right ! DMC 4 was NOT a good game if you strip the gameplay of DMC 3 padded along with the game you'll find that its mostly crap.

> And to say that DmC shouldn't be considered unwanted is ridiculous.
Yes let me explain :-

DMC 4 screwed up the story,themes,characters a sequel would have been even more improbable than DMC 4's premise a reboot was inevitable.. hence i find it "ridiculous" to consider a reboot "unwanted" when it was the only logical way to go.

Problem is, everyone that tells you the story in DMC had potential for more...is not a real DMC(Story)fan,they are DMC(gameplay) fans. People that don't really CARE about the story, as long as they have cool combos. They are fine with the most stupid excuse for Dante coming back to do badass stuff

Then there's the people that actually think Bayonetta is a deep cool charater that represents women accurately...we don't speak to them

I also play games for fun,isn't this their goal after all?
I'm not an arrogant little f*** who play games only for their deep meaningful story that have us questioned about the existence of the human race. I don't take video games THIS seriously.
I read books for that,and maybe watch some good accurate movies.

Video Games are a good form of entertainment,and it's impossible for us to not get attached to a character,attached to the story,gameplay etc. but it doesn't have to become a stressful debate in HOW much important meaning it holds.

Yeah. People can relax smashing demons. What's the problem? People can relax doing amazing combos. Again,what's the problem in this?
Why to deprive people from something they feel good while playing ? Because it didn't have AMAAAZING story? I don't think so.
If they want Dante back because they like him,what's the problem in this,again? Let's make people feel bad for liking what they like.This is the logic for some. And that's my main point in this, because it's wrong.

Bayonetta is a product of fantasy,she isn't made to be limited to how real women in reality are depicted,yet she can be some kind of a heroine for some women and not only,and they like her,let them be,let them think what they like.

Everything can improve.
That's just a limitation of imagination and an excuse for them to not work hard in order to make it better.
Just like DmC can improve,DMC can also improve,it's just an excuse for saying that you don't wish it anymore,yet I can give you examples of how it can improve.It's not a fact.
And it's not like it reached its end.

Right. But the OP made it sound like all DMC fans should be so thankful that DmC exists. That I don't understand. And to say that DmC shouldn't be considered unwanted is ridiculous. A lot of people did not want them game when it was announced. A lot of people still don't. Considering how the game sold half of what DMC4 sold shows that a lot of DMC fans do not want this game, nor are we grateful for it.

People can like and be grateful for DmC all they want. I'm glad Devil May Cry fans, new and old, got a game they really like. But that doesn't make this thread's message any less ridiculous. Despite the mood on the forums lately, some of us really love DMC4 and Dante.

I agree with you Meg,but to face reality,there are people who didn't even give it a chance and say it sucks without knowing nothing about it.
I'm not the biggest DmC fan,yet I see what was happening.
I thought it sucked really bad,but then I gave it a chance,and it's not THAT bad as people pretended to make such a tragedy about it.

They didn't want it, I understand,nor I did , but to say it's HORRIBLE without even analyze it from am objective point of view to see its good and bad points it's really a dumb thing to do.
You can admit you don't like it and go on playing and be a fan of whatever you like,but don't be a blind person full of hatred.:/ (i'm talking about 'those' persons.)
( This also goes for DMC haters).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Prince-of-Persia-Xbox-360-2008.jpg

I can go on with lots of crappy reboots that are hated 1000000XDmC and didn't sell a thing
POP 2008 WAS BEAUTIFUL Wtf man i liked that reboot ! all it really needed was a better combat system and more single player with less fetch quests other than that it was a great reboot i like the story,artstyle and the music too.
i love the original series and i like the reboot however i would like the reboot to have faster gameplay more combat options and moves and above all more aggression from enemies and bosses. The reboot was a decent game but there was a lack of something in it , however it was pretty good but i still prefer the older series.
See wasn't that easy ? why can't we all DMC fans be like that ?? why are some DMC fans still having a hard time getting over DmC is beyond me considering DMC 4 was a total piece of mediocre trash.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I also play games for fun,isn't this their goal after all?
I'm not an arrogant little f*** who play games only for their deep meaningful story that have us questioned about the existence of the human race. I don't take video games THIS seriously.
I read books for that,and maybe watch some good accurate movies.

Video Games are a good form of entertainment,and it's impossible for us to not get attached to a character,attached to the story,gameplay etc. but it doesn't have to become a stressful debate in HOW much important meaning it holds.

Yeah. People can relax smashing demons. What's the problem? People can relax doing amazing combos. Again,what's the problem in this?
Why to deprive people from something they feel good while playing ? Because it didn't have AMAAAZING story? I don't think so.
If they want Dante back because they like him,what's the problem in this,again? Let's make people feel bad for liking what they like.This is the logic for some. And that's my main point in this, because it's wrong.

Bayonetta is a product of fantasy,she isn't made to be limited to how real women in reality are depicted,yet she can be some kind of a heroine for some women and not only,and they like her,let them be,let them think what they like.

Everything can improve.
That's just a limitation of imagination and an excuse for them to not work hard in order to make it better.
Just like DmC can improve,DMC can also improve,it's just an excuse for saying that you don't wish it anymore,yet I can give you examples of how it can improve.It's not a fact.
And it's not like it reached its end.
Considering how easily they ditched DMC for Bayonetta or Rising the moment the gameplay changed...I believe this to NOT be true

They don't give 2 craps about Dante the character, they just want the gameplay they are used to.

Is it wrong? NO You like what you like
But it's certainly not my definition of a Fan. I try everything with the name of the franchise I love and try my best to find it's merits (points to sig)

If it's **** it's ****, but I least I give it try (Looking at you The Last Airbender)

DMCGamer1989

POP 2008 WAS BEAUTIFUL Wtf man i liked that reboot ! all it really needed was a better combat system and more single player with less fetch quests other than that it was a great reboot i like the story,artstyle and the music too.See wasn't that easy ? why can't we all DMC fans be like that ?? why are some DMC fans still having a hard time getting over DmC is beyond me considering DMC 4 was a total piece of mediocre trash.

I'd be careful about calling a game some people like "mediocre trash" while at the same time, advocating an equally if not more contreversal game. No hate here, I loved DmC and all the previous titles (even 2) but let's keep things civil.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
i love the original series and i like the reboot however i would like the reboot to have faster gameplay more combat options and moves and above all more aggression from enemies and bosses. The reboot was a decent game but there was a lack of something in it , however it was pretty good but i still prefer the older series.

Right there! Simple, civil and fair words, my friend! You liked DmC but you still like the older ones? You have expressed it in a rightful manner. I too liked DmC, but just wasn't as good as DMC1 and DMC3 combined, which is also what I have felt for DMC4 too!

Take example from this guy, people! We need to lessen the hostilities. :cool:
If the hostilities keep up, many fans will end up turning away from this site; thus, they will turn away from the Devil May Cry franchise. And I am beginning to become one of those... The disillusionment is unbearable! :(
Glad my PS3 controller got busted. Haven't touched my PS3 recently anyway...!

Seems the bad blood between Chance and IncaDemon is still boiling after all these months since I came here! :'(

DMCGamer1989

Thank you for restoring my faith in this site.

Meg

I agree with you Meg,but to face reality,there are people who didn't even give it a chance and say it sucks without knowing nothing about it.
I'm not the biggest DmC fan,yet I see what was happening.
I thought it sucked really bad,but then I gave it a chance,and it's not THAT bad as people pretended to make such a tragedy about it.

They didn't want it, I understand,nor I did , but to say it's HORRIBLE without even analyze it from am objective point of view to see its good and bad points it's really a dumb thing to do.
You can admit you don't like it and go on playing and be a fan of whatever you like,but don't be a blind person full of hatred.:/ (i'm talking about 'those' persons.)
( This also goes for DMC haters).
I understand all that. I saw how people reacted to DmC too. I agree that people who blindly hate anything are being stupid, but that's not the point.

What I'm trying to say in this thread is that the OP's message is deeply flawed. Expecting all DMC fans to be grateful, saying we should be grateful, is wrong. How people act towards DmC/DMC isn't relevant to what I'm saying.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
*smashes face off desk repeatedly*

Seriously. What is wrong with some of you this weekend?

Post your views by all means but for the love of biscuits could you please stop resorting to being nasty to one another, however covertly, and we will all have a far more positive end to today.

Sort. Yourselves. Out.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom