• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should Vergil come back to the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I've beaten DMC 1 & 3 and I got to sat that I'm a Vergil fan and I was ****ed that Dante killed him off. And I could be wrong, but it seems that Vergil possesed Nero's arm due to the fact that it was Nero who resurrected Yamato. To put it short I want Vergil back in the series. Does anyone agree?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I think Vergil should come back to the series. What'll be like if Vergil's soul was splitted. Good and evil.

AzureNight13

Premium
I guess that I'm not the only one who wants Vergil back in the series. Well I gotta say that I'm relieved that everyone so far agrees with me. I thought that there would be someone ranting on about how emo Vergil was.Well there might be some people that don't really like Vergil, but as long as they don't complain about it, life will go onj.

And I got to say that probably the reason why Vergil wanted more power is that he didn't have the power to save his mother when she was killed so he want to obtain more power so he could actually be able to protect someone he cares about..I played DMC 3 and it was what Vergil said that made me think this: "Might controls everything. Without it you can't protect anyone, let alone yourself" (or it was someting close to that).

Grimmn Reap

Dog That Bites Ppl
of course vergil should come back.hes better with his sword than dante is. although now dante is all too powerful

AzureNight13

Premium
I hate that people think that just because Vergil wants more power, it makes him evil. Well he did walk down the path of evil, but I don't think that it was his intention. If that makes any sense.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^ People like the term "evil twin" hehe it is kinda sexy. But yeah Vergil's may not be bad and I'd like to see him back.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For the 9787665453th time.

YEAH!!

Seriously, who wouldn't want Vergil back? If there's such a person he/she should really have a good reason.

Yamato666

Angelo-Gehenna
yes,he should.But, In a discreet way Vergil is in DMC4 because Nero's Spectral demon is somewhat similar to Vergil devil trigger in 3 plus why is Nero the only one to restore Yamato.Not even Dante (a closer person to vergil then nero) can't restore it.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
There's not proof that Dante could not awaken the sword. Nero just got to it before he did. Same thing with Vergil, there's still no real proof of him being Nero's arm or whatever people beleive.

Keaton

Premium
Tony_Redgrave;84288 said:
For the 9787665453th time.

YEAH!!

Seriously, who wouldn't want Vergil back? If there's such a person he/she should really have a good reason.

^what he said, +rep Tony :D

Sparda™

Not to offend you guys, but, you gotta be a sick ba5tard If you don't want him here, and for the 346379183098315137364937th time, the one that thinks that he shouldn't come back to the series, can ban himself.:lol:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Okay.

We have established that Vergil is THE master swordsman/ martial artist of the series. Dante always ends the victor but people need Vergil for his sheer class. If Vergil does not return, many DMC fans, myself included, will be drowning in a deluge of tears. He is also cool as Nelo Angelo, there he battles Dante in a style homogenous to Dante's own, this combined with a few fireballs, teleportation and summoned swords made the Nelo fights some of the most enjoyable in the whole of DMC1.

Vergil is as essential to DMC as Dante, which is partly why DMC2 wasn't as good.

AzureNight13

Premium
I've alway perferred Vergil over Dante because: 1. Dante's joke's are a bit cheesy. Sorry but after listing to my dad's cheesy jokes for eighteen years, I'm not much into comedy. 2. Katanas are my favorite weapons to handle.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
With the cheesy jokes I guess you're referring to the third installment, he wasn't too bad in the 1st and 2nd installments (I don't know about the 4th). Anyway, I thought Dante was a bit on the side of an egotistic twat in the 3rd one so I agree there, again same scenario with my dad.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Vergil should definitly return. I liked his dark & calm attitude towards Dante's cocky-ness. I think he stole the limelight from Dante in Devilmaycry 3.In DMC 1&3 special edition his Devil Trigger looks amazing. So what if he's evil sometimes it feels good to be bad. ( bbbb-bad to bone deh-deh-deh-deh )

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
You could be right, he didn't seem to want to unleash hell on earth that was more Arkums idea. Maybe his intention was to get his fathers sword and powers to go after the Demon who killed his mother ( was it Mundus?). I think he would've closed the seal trapping himself with his fathers powers in the demon world. If he wanted to really kill Dante he could have at their first encounters ( in Devilmaycry 3 and 1) and he warns Dante about being trapped in the Demon world ( DMC 3 ) Maybe Vergil just wanted to follow in fathers footsteps. Who would'nt want Sparda's power? Dantes foolish not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom