• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should parents who buy mature games for their kids be punished by law?

Should parents who buy mature games for their kids be punished by law?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I for one think that there are more serious crimes that need to dealt with rather than some uncaring,lazy parents.

Its not like children don't know the concept of reality and tbh children play M rated games anyway even if parents try to stop them they'll play it at their friend's house or a their sister's mobile phone,as long as there is parental supervision on with the game like this >
I think its okay at least they're not just handing over game to get away from parenting.

Besides there is more violence&sex in popcorn family movies we see in TV anyway -_- so what's the big deal ? as long as they don't go online and scream like banshees its okay with me.
Well if parents were caught buying M-Rated games for underage children they could banned them from making purchases at that store for 5yrs.
HA HA HA no offense but i think we need to first enforce those laws for gun control >_> because IMHO civilians shouldn't have guns at least i never felt that way.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ha I just remembered when I came home after being away with my son for a few days and was informed that Jessica had watched the Scream Quadrilogy in my absence. I was like, "wha.....?!" :lol:

Perfect example of how I have zero control over what happens outside of the home. Still, it sucks to be her because we have it rigged so that we have full control over the televisions from our bedroom - she breaks the rules and we unplug. And she can't come in to complain because that would incriminate her :lol:

IncarnatedDemon

I will be very strict with my child. When my child 6 year old says "But....my friends plays GTA V! Why cant i?!?!!!?"

Ill scream with passion
YOUR A SON OF SPARDA! You dont play GTA V! You play TEleTubbies Adventures!

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
No. It should be punishable BY DEATH!!!
images
images

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I'll not be too restrictive with my children, i'll probably play some MK or SF with them. I hope they develop the same taste as my own for fighting games haha.

Blade8513

Hell no that's just dumb, I hate when people try to blame real life violence on video games or movies, I think that is the biggest load of **** in the world, People say oh no he/she shot this person or stabbed this person because he/she played this or watched that! Okay...so what about the other millions of people that have played and watched the same things that have never committed a crime in their life? Its a just stupid argument.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Did i say anything about putting someone in jail, or any form of punishment that would drain your precious tax dollars ?
NO.
I agreed it's not something to punish anyone for but only that the parents take responsibility IF anything happens involving the child instead of laying blame on a form of entertainment.

I don't get what you're trying to say. The entertainment industry has done all they can to tell people what's what. We have rating systems for movies and games and younger people can't even do anything without an adult there.

What kind of consequence are you asking for? Honestly, there's nothing more that needs to be done here. Individuals are responsible for their actions but because some people out there can't accept that we will always have people pointing the finger at something.

What video games are going through now, is similar to what the film industry also went through. These people that try to act like it's the game's fault will never win.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
How is it you don't understand what i'm saying.
When some random child goes nuts & brings a gun to school then the first thing people such be pointing fingers at are the parents, not GTA.
Do you get it now Chancey289????

And what are we gonna do about that? Are we just gonna sit there and argue with the lot who upon the finger rest? What are you asking for? That's what I wanna know. It's not that simple. And you're also just generalizing these kind of events. They're not the same.

DMC

Devil May Cry
video games can have an affect in ur mind... it may not make them into killers but it can affect ur dreams and ur thinking... it takes a stronger affect if u really get into the game.. most ppl dont attention to these things and say video games have no affect.. im not saying video games are bad.. but im not saying they are good niether.. since children have weaker minds then an adult and teens... the affect of a game takes a stronger hold

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
since children have weaker minds then an adult and teens... the affect of a game takes a stronger hold
This i can agree with Children shouldn't play games that are meant for an older demographic especially games like Mass Effect and online shooters.

Top Bottom