• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should other former characters return... (Discussion about Vergil, Trish, Nero etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

Re: Should other former characters return... (Discussion about Vergil, Trish, Nero et

Acedia;276893 said:
I've tried spotting what "it" is for quite sometime.
It's really a blur, nothing to really see.
But something is indeed following him.

To say it's "Vergil"...
Well, that's really going all in with assumption.
I wouldn't get hopes up.

Agreed. I managed to get a brief look at the blurry pursuer before accidentally starting it back up; can't really tell but part of me thinks it might be a demon and that's just an opening scene. It could be Vergil though, I suppose. :)

bobek388

Bobek388
Re: Should other former characters return... (Discussion about Vergil, Trish, Nero et

No, I don't want to see them in this rebooted DmC, in this new universe, because most probably they will make vergil look like astronaut clown, and trish as a fat cat-woman. I just have one request for ninja theory, stay away from the Vergil!! You can't make games, so at least don't spoil vergil!

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!

bobek388;276900 said:
No, I don't want to see them in this rebooted DmC, in this new universe, because most probably they will make vergil look like astronaut clown, and trish as a fat cat-woman. I just have one request for ninja theory, stay away from the Vergil!! You can't make games, so at least don't spoil vergil!
I'm somehow agree with you... when they made Dante like this... let along Others!:wacko:

Asmodaius

This thread is about how people would like to see the characters appear in this reboot, NOT about people who DO NOT wish to see them in this reboot, so please stay on topic.

EmilIrving

Demi-Fiend and Dante Team

Asmodaius;276917 said:
This thread is about how people would like to see the characters appear in this reboot, NOT about people who DO NOT wish to see them in this reboot, so please stay on topic.

Agreed, I want Nero and Vergil in it. But I do not know how they would fit in.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter

I would much rather not see Vergil in the reboot. As others have said, since he has a japanese flair, westernizing him wouldn't be a good idea imo. Though the main reason I don't want Vergil is that I think it would be interesting if they focused JUST on Dante.

Though if I were to play devil's advocate for a moment here, if Vergil were in it, he should be more classy than his brother. Maybe wear a suit or something I don't know. He could be a collector of demonic weapons and Yamato could be from a Japanese demon or something. Just a thought.

As for other characters, I don't see a point in Nero since changing his character would be too wierd and I can't think of any other way to implement him. Also, this New Dante seems to have elements of Nero in him so again there's no point. Seeing Trish and Lady would be cool though. Lady could be running from the government just like Dante, and Trish could be an experiment that they are working on. Of course there also has to be a Sparda. Maybe he wold be a demon hunter who was killed by the government or something? I don't know just throwing that out there.

Dominus

Kool626;276857 said:
no i think it comfimed because i read some where from ninja theory that vergil will be in the game. And they said they gonna change dante a bit cus of the fans

My Uncle who works for Nintendo said that you could get the Triforce in Zelda 64. Oh wait its 2010 you need sources bud. But back to the topic, I think the chances of vergil getting in are not good, but much better than Nero's. Seeing that Team Ninja ****ed Dante they really need to add some of the original characters to keep some fans hooked, but given the attitude of the director I doubt that. But if Vergil was in this I could see him being Dante's dealer or in a gang that fights Dante in the streets until the police arrive. Instead of summoned swords he'll throw needles at you and carry a switchblade because you can't walk into a bar with a sword I reckon (itd be out of style!).

Vampi

Dominus;276934 said:
My Uncle who works for Nintendo said that you could get the Triforce in Zelda 64. Oh wait its 2010 you need sources bud. But back to the topic, I think the chances of vergil getting in are not good, but much better than Nero's. Seeing that Team Ninja ****ed Dante they really need to add some of the original characters to keep some fans hooked, but given the attitude of the director I doubt that. But if Vergil was in this I could see him being Dante's dealer or in a gang that fights Dante in the streets until the police arrive. Instead of summoned swords he'll throw needles at you and carry a switchblade because you can't walk into a bar with a sword I reckon (itd be out of style!).

But Dino has a sword...

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium

I like the idea of a shapeshifting sword...It can lead to new styles and gameplay. But back on track...If Vergil was in it, he'd be the total opposite of Dante. (Of course...)

What I mean by that...he'd be part of a big gang, (you know how power hungry he is...) classy suit with lots of crafty bodyguards. Vergil is honourable so he wouldn't do anything that would be down right cheap. If he were to carry a sword it would be a rapier of some sort. (sorry if I spelt the sword wrong...too lazy to look it up for proper spelling xD)
He is more japanese oriented though so I'm interested how they design his persona if he's involved in this installment of the game.

aoshi

Vampi;276834 said:
Vergil has sumthing to say about this...

f27afd774819a288905c4ed.jpg

No but seriously, if he is in the game, he'll probably won't have the complexity of DMC 3 Vergil. For sum reason i feel he's gonna look more debonair. A rapier wouldn't be far off. But i hope he has a katana and still uses Iaido though.

I have a feeling he might be working with the people who have Dante chained up or whatnot.

At the end of the trailer, when Dante leaps off the wall when he falls. You see sumone falling after him (its hard to see, but its there). Which kinda fits, because in the scene where you hear the voiceover say "My name is Dante" it looks like Dante is looking at sumone while he puts his guns away (and of course Dante falls off the roof to escape whatever is going after him). It might be Vergil whose the one going after him to bring him back to that asylum/jail or whatever.

Lady and Trish (if this is a true prequel, then they might not be in it. Maybe a new female character(s) might be in the game). Well, DMC 3 Lady had that tomboyish look to her. So she might be in the punk culture just like Dante. Trish might be the usual sex appeal in the game as well. I don't know. This trailer doesn't really give us much, neither does the info Capcom releases. Everything is so vague that anything can happen.

Nero...i don't know. He might be one of Dante's friends or sumthing. Or maybe one of the inmates in the asylum/jail.

I think u were mentioning someone falling after him. I can't see anyone falling after him.

Dante falling - 1:33 TO 1:37

New DMC

Can you point the time at which it can be seen? Don't think IGN pointed it out in the trailer analysis.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium

You have to stop the video at 1:37...the figure is blurry, but you can see that his hands are in front of the figure's face and his legs are tucked in. It takes a couple tries with playing with the Pause/Play button...if done correctly you shouldn't have Dante in the picture at all, just a figure of the ball at the top.

aoshi

This is a sharpened screenshot at 1:37 which shows wat's behind dante.I really can't see any image with hands in front.

Untitled-1copy.png

Silahsor

Lead Guitar

I want to see vergil in this game.I think ıf they are going to remake him too,maybe a japanese jakuza type character could fit his personality.But i don't think neither dante nor vergil needs a remake but you know it's another story...

Asmodaius

If they keep the fact that Dante and Vergil are twin brothers, then Vergil would look much like Dante in main appearance - however, where Dante looks like this roughed up street kid, Vergil should look like a classy guy with stylish clothing that befits this world. I could totally see him having a dress-shirt on with a tie and a vest, and then have a long-coat with some stylish design on, a bit like his DMC3 one.

As for a weapon, it is totally plausible for Vergil to keep his Yamato as a katana. Though they are "westernizing" the reboot doesn't mean that there won't be some eastern key elements. People in Europe and America knows what a katana is and what it looks like, even if they know it as a samurai-sword rather than katana. However, should he have a change of weapon, a thin-bladed saber or a rapier could definately work as well. I would prefer if he kept the katana though, if he will even appear in the game, that is.

As for Lady, I could totally see her as some military-mercenary type of girl who is an expert in guns and explosives. She could either be hired to hunt down Dante or maybe even be someone who is on his side.

As for Trish - I have always liked the blond-haired assassin type of character in tight leather (think Nina Williams from Tekken), and I could easily see Trish as such a character as well. We have seen her shapeshift in DMC4, infiltrating the enemy's headquarters as a spy and I would like to see more of that.
Trish could also go the other way, taking her demonic heritage and let that become a big part of her character. She could be some kind of succubus, a seductress who tries to lead young, teenage-horny Dante on the path of evil. Again her shapeshift ability could be of use here, having her look like a normal but very hot and beautiful woman like the Trish we know, but her true form being that of a demon - and should she be a playable character, we as players would be able to change in between those two shapes, like Dante's Devil Trigger.
I've always thought that Trish's DT was a bit boring as it was just some golden aura and not a demonic form.

And then Lucia... In DMC2 she was a ninja-assassin inspired character with her throwing knives and dual-wielding blades, and her Devil Trigger form looked like an angel-bird-harpy thing. It would be cool if they picked up more from the Divine Comedy and made Lucia this angelic person who acted like Dante's protector, maybe as a good friend of his who aids him - also an opportunity to make her a playable character as well.

... Nero... I am a bit lost on Nero. He could be Dante's and Vergil's younger brother, he could be a clone-experiment from Dante's and Vergil's DNA, he could be... well, he could be alot of things, but in all honesty, I'm not sure I even want him to appear in the reboot. Not unless they have some fantastic role for him in the game that is something else than being a Dante-clone with no past like he was in DMC4.

But yeah, that's some of my ideas.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium

^ Thourough discussion. I really like the idea of Trish being an assassin/succubus leading the younger Dante down the wrong path. I also really like your other ideas :) <3

VirgilTheart

Trish_Concept.png

^ Personally, I feel that if Trish shows up in DmC, I hope Ninja Theory base her design off this concept art from the first game (or at least I think it's from the first game) :cool:

Dominus

To be honest even though some people hate the idea of Ninja Theory recreating other former characters in DmC, I would welcome it just because its the only way to peak my interest. Besides I'd rather see them try this then completely omit most of the established DMC universe.

Tony

Demonslayer

I think it is quite sure, that there will be Vergil in DmC.because the game will take place before DMC3 and in this interview there is a hint about familiar characters. So the only familiar character we know from the time before DMC3 actually IS Vergil. Sparda ist gone... Eva is dead, Trish is ten years later... Nero is not even born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom