• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

should it be dmc sequel for neros origin?

should they do the next dmc for nero origins

• yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • nooo

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it might be easier if they just made him a sub role in dmc5 first and use that opportunity to build back interest in his character than give him a solo game right now.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
DMC2 treatment for Nero:
  • Dante and Nero selectable from the mission menu like Chris/Jill from RE1, or if it's too much for one disc, stick Nero's game on a second CD like Lucia.
  • Choose whoever you want to play first without having to beat the other's game. DMD, BP, etc. unlocked by beating both.
  • Intertwine the story of each character so that what one does means something to the other, but without backtracking: Dante in "location A" - as an example; Fortuna, and Nero in "location B" - example; Mallet Island. Both are working on one case [saves the devs having to make 2 lots of enemies for 2 separate incidents] which is spread over 2 totally different areas, say perhaps 2 hell gates on opposite sides of the planet that are both required to be opened simultaneously? Dante fights the "big bad" who masterminded it all, whilst Nero fights his 2IC. After beating these 2 bosses, both jump into Hell to fight whatever the hell was going to be summoned; perhaps some newly awakened uber-demon.
  • Kyrie has been trained by Lady. This is irrelevant to the entire story other than the fact we'll never have to endure Nero's "KYRIEEEEEEEE" ever again.
  • Each have a minimum of 15 missions. I think DMC2 had 30 in total?
  • Stick Trish, Lucia and Vergil in there as bonus BP characters after beating DMD with Nero and Dante. A storyline for them isn't required as they would just be for BP and have nothing to do with the canon.
  • LDK mode for PC is a must. If it can run on next gen consoles then stick it in there too, if not, oh well.
  • BP mode should ignore all canon; I want to be able to fight Credo, Nelo Angelo, Vergil, Dante, TDE, etc.
  • BP boss survival mode: X levels of DMD bosses with no green/white orbs
I would throw so much money at this.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think Nero should get a chance for the spotlight. The whole idea of DMC4 was that Sparda sort of returned, in the form of Nero. If he turned out to be an experiment created by combining Dante and Vergil's blood, or by genetically modifying a human with Sparda's power, think of the possibilities. Not only would there be no need for a Sparda game, but the circle could also be completed. The legacy of Sparda gets to be continued, since Dante doesn't seem interested in having children. Nero IS interested in having kids, most likely. So this way, we get a close to the DMC series.

Just make Nero a little more badass, give him more weapons and more combo possibilities. Give Dante a few missions again, or have Nero rescue Dante after DMC2. Then, at the end of the game, have Nero and Dante truly fight together as equals. No more 'Dante to the rescue' or 'Dante is 100 x more powerful than Nero' - no, just make Nero grow as a character. And hopefully, give him a full Devil Trigger too - no more 'blue, floating Vergil' bullshite.

YES! Like InfernalOverkill said, make us able to choose Nero or Dante for each mission. Maybe even give us the chance to customize them in terms of appearance. I know the DMC series, strictly speaking, is not a series. It's just a bunch of games, each with their own plots. But Capcom has the chance to end the DMC franchise with a bang - one that does justice to DMC1 and DMC3. If the other games don't form a continuity, then at least make DMC4 to DMC5 a coherent story. Close off the demon world for good, or find a way to regulate it. Give DMC (especially Nero) a conclusion.

Last edited:

Dantesanimus

Nero is dull as dish water compared to half the other characters in the series, so k thx no. I would much rather see Vergil get his own game long before Nero.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I wouldn't mind a game based on his origins, but at the same time, I would much prefer another game that uncovers more about Dante.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nero and everything, and I'd love to see him in another game-but as a supporting character. After all, Dante did get pretty shafted in DMC4, there. ^^;

Top Bottom