• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Short, long, or mid Trenchcoat?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay, so for my OC, I was going through some design choices, but a difficult decision is the length of his trench coat. It's tan/beige but I want to try for length.

tumblr_mciriumgDk1r28scc.jpg
633713-hb016.jpg

The long coat is good for looking cool and flowing in the wind. It's also, to me, the sign of a master of his style and is a mature adult. My character is relatively slim but with a bit of muscle on him.

constantine_trench_coat.jpg

In terms of shorter trench coats, I wanted something easy to move around in, but still stylish as well. For the design I decided to go with leather sleeves for design choice and story decisions as well.

200px-Casnewcoat.png
e78a425b7c3e39dc11f54583d4ce7a1b0f8f414a_hq.jpg

And then we get to mid size trenches which are coats that are pretty long, but still short enough to have some wind flow through them.

So which do you think I should go with?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Really depends on the character.

Long means cape which is provably for more majestic characters or rebellious so I'd used long for the old or the young.

Short always seemed like something for professionals to wear. It's more presentable.

Mid is still cape-ish but allows for movement so it's the activewear for the well dressed.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'd say mid is a good compromise. :) Too long, and no matter how aesthetically pleasing it might be, it can also be a hindrance--too short, and it loses some of that nice, dramatic flare that is so loved about good trench coats. (Frankly, I love 'em all; but in the case of your character? Mid sound like a good call).

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well i mostly even when writing some OC histories i loved to use or give them long trenchcoats ( maybe thats beacuse i fangirl on Fictional characters whose usuall wear black,blue or red long ones) i think the mid one would be good too.

Top Bottom