• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Server did not respond" error

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hai gaiz and gurlz!

Ok, so plenty of you have been asking about this error message you get sometimes when it takes AGES for your post to be made - usually you'll see something pop up that says "server did not respond in time" or whatever. So you try again.

And again.

And again.

And before you know it, the server has indeed responded and posted your message about a million times. So what to do? Simples - ignore the message; it usually just means the server is slooooooooow.

As it turns out, almost 100% of the time your message has been logged regardless of the error you may be told, so the best thing to do is reload the thread you are posting in and see if your post is there. If it is, then it's been sorted and you don't need to try again. If by some chance the server really hasn't logged it then you can re-post.

But check first so we don't have multiple posting issues, kk?

Kk.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

thx for that :)....but in my case i reloaded it every time and still there was nothing there so i posted it again and again and boom there was 4 posts.....again im really sorry :)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
yeah i tried that and when i checked it didnt come up then 10 mins later 1 post appeared so it works but not instantly

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
thx for that :)....but in my case i reloaded it every time and still there was nothing there so i posted it again and again and boom there was 4 posts.....again im really sorry :)
Lawl - you don't need to apologise - I've triple posted I don't know how many times since we got the server being all slow and crap so it's not anyone's fault and no one needs to say sorry :)

For me, it produces it quicker than others - some of you will have Demon General's problem with a longer delay and some will end up with Darkdaemon's issue where it doesn't seem to turn up at all. But as every post is time-stamped we can see if something is duplicate-posted a while after the first one so don't worry about the clean-up side of things if it comes to it.

Just give it a go with the reloading thing. If it doesn't work, feel free to try again - or you can go to the main forum page and access the thread you're trying to post in from there and it might show up that way. I'm not calling anyone out on it because it's not due to any human error; it's just one method we can try whilst we have this uber-annoying server thing going on. All our sites have it right now, so it's not just here.

One of these days I'm going to have to ban myself for the sheer amount of triple posting I've been doing lately...:troll:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
HOW DARE YOU DOUBLE POST!

lawl - sure, no problem. All done :)

Top Bottom