• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

seriously, why?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
why is it that NOBODY allows visitor messages on their profile? i know it isn't a setting on my end, because for a select few there it is. but honestly, what could the reason be? are you afraid someone might see who you talk to?

it's especially annoying when someone says hello, or asks me something on my profile and i don't know how to reply. sure, i could send a private message, but that's a lot of work to go through, wouldn't it be courteous to make it so that someone can reply to you just as easily as they're contacted?

:dry:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I havent seen anyone who doesnt and most people ive seen have hundreds of them on their profiles.

@DD: well most of members limited their profiles for their friend list, and as far as I know you are in everyone's list. as for Cheez ,1st send them a friendship request.

-if you could deal with this problem please say my hello to Master Vergil.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I have my own reasons for blocking my profile.
Also, I know other ppl on the forum do it, why shouldn't i (If i can't see their profiles, why should they be able to see mine kinda thing.)

Plus, Drakkar has hit the nail on the head.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
As far as I am aware mine is totally open *shrugs* go nuts:D. But I tend to not talk about personal things in the visitor message section that much so I can understand if some people want to keep it hidden from random newcomer prying eyes.

aka958

Don't trust people
Darth Angelo;299686 said:
As far as I am aware mine is totally open *shrugs* go nuts:D. But I tend to not talk about personal things in the visitor message section that much so I can understand if some people want to keep it hidden from random newcomer prying eyes.

That's why my list is contacts only. I've a few times had private discussions on there. By few I mean lots. <.<
Seriously, I've got to erase the PM's I get after a period of time, I don't want to erase them. The VM list is always in it's perfect untouched state.

Otherwise, even non-members who are just sneaking by can come and read the stuff I'm talking about. People I don't like to have a contact with, I'm unsure if I want a contact with or just haven't thought about contacting does not have access either. It's simple.

aka958

Don't trust people
Lexy;299771 said:
If I want to speak privately I just use the PMs. . .

Yeah but PMs are limited. I can only have 50 of them. I like to keep my messages. Only friends can sneak a peek at my private discussions.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have a lot of members on my friends list and I really have no reason to snoop around anyway, so it honestly doesn't make a difference to me.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've realized that if you are 'invisible' you can snoop around ppl's visitor messages without them knowing it. Which is kinda wrong (and maybe used against you on the forum).

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Drakkar;299667 said:
@DD: well most of members limited their profiles for their friend list, and as far as I know you are in everyone's list. as for Cheez ,1st send them a friendship request.

-if you could deal with this problem please say my hello to Master Vergil.

Why? I took my visitor board down for a month but it's back up and running. If you can't post on it then I need to figure out how to fix it. I was oblivious to this problem, I really was.

@Cheez: I always think people who don't allow me to VM them have something to hide. I mean if it's to blow off steam or talk bad about another member on the forum, it should be done via PM, but there are a few people who consider VM's to be the easier method and not to ruffle anyone's feathers they'll block you from their VM board so you don't see what they have to say about you. VM boards are treated like gossip blogs lately, y'know? That's why people go snooping around on other people's VM's, to get the 411 on what's going on with that person or to see who is fighting with who about what this time.

And in all honesty I only read the top VM's of my friends' boards when I go post to say hi. I don't actually view the whole conversation because it's none of my business. Unless my name happens to pop up, but that's never happened.

Top Bottom