• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sega on Shenmue III: “Never say never”

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Sega’s re-lit the flame for those hoping for a sequel to 2002’s Dreamcast and Xbox release Shenmue II. A recent CVG article asking its subscribers whether or not they’d purchase a copy of Shenmue III, were it to be made, attracted the attention of Sega.

“While at present we have no plans for the franchise [on next-gen consoles], the response to CVG’s question has certainly shown the Shenmue legacy ignites a lot of passion among fans,” Sega told CVG. “Never say never…”

Sega’s said in the past that they want to make a third Shenmue, but are worried about sales. They’d be happy to do it if someone were to endorse them for development, in return for console exclusivity, we’re assuming. Microsoft or Sony: jump at that.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/sega-on-shenmue-iii-never-say-never

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I read something similar a few months ago (along with a Dreamcast 2.)
I hope they actually do it one day. There are quite a few fans out there who are desperate for the game.
Nice find

Dark Drakan

Admin
They have been saying this for years, how about Sega pull their fingers out and do something about it? Id love to see Shenmue III as i was a huge fan of the series and with todays technology it could be breathtaking.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;287075 said:
They have been saying this for years, how about Sega pull their fingers out and do something about it? Id love to see Shenmue III as i was a huge fan of the series and with todays technology it could be breathtaking.

I agree. The Yakuza games that I played have the similar gameplay as Shenmue games, and I think that Yakuza games are awesome, especially Yakuza 3. If Yakuza 3 can do that, then Shenmue III can do that to. It would be nice to see Shenmue III with current graphics and technology as well. :D

I think it would be better if the game is released multi-platform instead of exclusive. If Sega must release the game as exclusive, hopefully it would be Xbox 360 since Sony has benefited enough with the Yakuza games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angelo Credo;287357 said:
Pull your finger out, stop talking about it and actually bloody do it then!

I second that a thousand times over, so sick of hearing them talk about it and praise the title so much and then come out with countless amount of excuses as to why they wont make it. The fans want it, so do something about it and actually make a game people DO want and not the 100th Sonic game or whatever other cashcow game you want to recycle for another year.

Top Bottom