• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SE dissapointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I didn’t mind SE but there were a couple of things that I was very disappointed with.

Firstly Vergil had no story he just played through Dantes missions minus the cut scenes. This would have been less of an annoyance if Capcom hadnt gone to the trouble of making 2 intro cut scenes for him. I suppose that it would have been a bit difficult to play DMC3 from Vergils perspective with him just walking around with Arkham for a big part of it the game. But I would much rather Capcom took a stab at it (no pun intended lol) than just giving up and just pasting him where Dante used to be. Also whats up with the Doppleganger? that didn't make any sense whatsoever (I was REALLY looking forward to fighting Dante as Vergil) is it that hard to give Dante an AI?

Secondly why didnt Vergil have the Royalguard style? its pretty much exactly the same as Dantes including the deflecting move that he does, it wouldnt have been impossible to pull off and would have given us something extra to do. (maybe even unlock that cool orb thing he does when he goes into DT)

But hey it wasnt all bad I mean you got to play as Nelo Angelo which was just WOW! and I dont think Super Sparda was in the original either so that was pretty funky. But the game just felt really rushed I would much rather have waited enough time for them to at least give Vergil a story. I wasnt THAT desperate to play it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I Absolutely agree, either that, or Capcom should see Vergil not having a different story to play as in 3 as something they can work on. Just like they have in 4 as Nero's story is dif to Dante's.
Perhaps If they bring Vergil back * Hope they do * in the future Dmc's I would like to see him as the main character. Either that or have it similar to 3:SE but with Vergil having different boss battles and cut-scenes.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah it could have been so cool having some sort of first mission where you activate the tower and it goes straight into the scene from 3. They could have made the games click together so perfectly. Oh well at least we get to fight Dante now (well not for me I still have to wait 3 days :()

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ yup, same here. But yeah I think they should have tryed to link Vergil's part in SE to make the missions different. Remember Vergil dislikes demons to, he just wants to be the strongest one.
So I think Vergil should of had different bosses, and much tougher ones.And perhaps instead of a cut-scene, have a part half way through were you fight Arkham, not just see vergil hit him in a scene.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I agree those changes would have been nice, but then I don't blame Capcom for the choices they made.

The addition of Vergil was a really nice feature, which added a lot of extra value to the title. However, if Capcom had started messing with storyline, cutscenes, new bosses, possibly altered levels, it would have been a far larger project. Although that would have been nice, I just dont think the actual cost of it would have been worth it for them. I'm sure the majority of people who bought SE would have bought it either way, and the slight margin of extra people they would have gained from the changes would hardly have been worth their money.

Also, on the subject of Vante (Vergils 'Vergil' bosses), although it would be awesome if they could have switched Vergil for Dante, it would have been a hell of a challenge. Turning Vergil from a boss to a playable character was probably fairly simple, but turning Dante into a boss (while still keeping true to his fighting style) would be major programming, implementing his guns probably would be tough as well.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see these additions, but I can see why they chose to add Vergil the way that they did.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ It would have taken ages I agree, but when I was playing as Vergil, I just thought how call would it be to have dif cut-scenes for both characters, and have you fight Dante as Vergil. But I guess your right, Dmc3:SE wasn't that bad.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Hmm, I didn't find it disappointing. Actually, it was quite nice. I had enjoyed it. Though, the only difference was that you could fight Jester, use Vergil, and go into Bloody Palace mode.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
DemonSlayer6;66655 said:
Hmm, I didn't find it disappointing. Actually, it was quite nice. I had enjoyed it. Though, the only difference was that you could fight Jester, use Vergil, and go into Bloody Palace mode.

and watch the cutscenes on demand :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
heatlancer;66686 said:
and watch the cutscenes on demand :)

Yes that's cool actually. There was a time when I wanted to play the game just to see the storyline while enjoying myself playing. I was playing on Hard, and lost to Arkham. It was annoying to redo the mission but I really wanted to see the cut-scene where the twins beat him, but sadly I had "Dante's Awakening" so I did not have a choice..annoying:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom