• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Save in dmc4

masarada

I am new here.
and have the game only since yesterday on ps3.

when I save , close the system and then load , it takes me back again to where that stage started from.
e.g, I complete mission 4 -->save-->close ps3

next time I expect to start from the begining of mission 5, but no , I have to complete 4 again.

is this a capcom thing ? any way to get around this ?

thanks

Koemi

half-breed
first, welcome.

now... I have 2 questions for you: 1) did you use your direction stick to scroll around a bit (where you choose missions)? the number of mission will stay on the mission you completed, not on the one you'll play; 2) to save before quit, I usually complete mission --> save --> quit game (will promote you to save again, so save again) --> turn off ps3. did you do that as well? or just abruptly shut off ps3? that may be the issue sometimes

masarada

Hi Thanks !

< have 2 questions for you: 1) did you use your direction stick to scroll around a bit (where you choose missions>

as far as I know, I go for -->load game-->acknowledge the saved ps3 file-->it shows a progress bar--->next scrn has options like (human, devil, library, network etc)--->I am on 'human'-->X & X and game starts with a mission I already completed (can't remember , but I think it's mission 4, where I have to kill a giant toad). Now I had saved after killing this boss, but PS3 takes me back again to this level and I have to kill the toad again :).

so I am not sure on which screen , do i need to scroll around a bit to start the level after the toad

#2 : no I don't abruptly stop the ps3, it's save--->the quit game-->acknowledge (yes)--->quit system.

what am I doing different ?

Thanks

Koemi

half-breed
1) hmmm... [hard to explain, trying hard] when you scroll to "human", press "R" or "L" on the left to choose your mission, don't just press "X". That will indefinitely just let you play the last mission you complete

2) I usually quit game, back on the PS3 system screen, then quit the system. If you already did 1), then maybe this can be the problem too??

aka958

Don't trust people
After killing the toad continue on forward and when it says you completed mission go to next mission and on mission 5 start screen you go to main menu and save. in that way you get a taste of next level that awaits you and also it won't stand 4 anymore... it will stand 5 next time in the main menu so no need for scrolling. (With main menu i meant mission menu so you now)

WOOHOOO! this is my 400th post!

-Savior-

Vergil´s right arm
In ps3, just use the arrow (direction) buttons to scroll around, just up and down (how the HELL is so hard? :D) and when youre saving the game, just dont quicly snap ur ps3 close, wait the text says save completed or something.

Top Bottom