• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Samus or Master Chief?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dunno whether to post this here or the video game discussion board. I think it would work either way, but still...

Who wins? Samus or Master Chief? I vote Samus, and here are my reasons.

1. Sure her shielding doesn't recharge, but it's a helluva lot stronger than MC's.

2. She's got far more firepower at her immediate disposal, plus she can carry five weapons instead of just two, and four of the five have infinite ammo.

3. Her suit is FAR more advanced than MC's, by like, lightyears.

So, who do you think wins in this fight? State your reasons as well.

aka958

Don't trust people
XD Gordon Freeman... Dunno if he would pwn them both.

I'd go with Samus, but I've only played little of the Halo series and played Super metroid for the Snes.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;207939 said:
Oh come on, man... This was supposed to be a serious discussion...

Metroid Prime and Halo are not games which are realistic or close to It. That's why I like more lifelike approaches such as Half-Life.

On a more serious note, Halo sucks.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I already knew Halo sucked, just to let you all know right now.

I also don't think Dr. Freeman could kill either of them... I'm pretty sure he's no more realistic than the others.

Sparda™

A scientist, turned into a one-man army, overthrowing an alien suppressing regime on Earth by sparking a mass revolution and being called in messianic names....?!

I think yes, he can dispatch those flashy characters.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Master Chief might be flashy, but Samus sure isn't. How many planets has Freeman saved? none, so far. Samus has saved nine or ten. And she can do it in a matter of days per planet. I'm pretty sure Freeman can't compete with that...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Now,now everyone,let's not be like that.Let us all be good and friendly.After all nobody likes favourists.[GOGOGOGOGO SAMUS.RIP THOSE BUTHOLES A NEW ONE.]

Ahem...on a more serious note,I don't know...seriously not even Monty Oum's Haloid is enough to give straight answers.But if anything,none of the three series above SUCK.The Metroid series is very good,half-life I don't know,but it's above average like Halo.Definately all three of them are above average series if not good.On a side note out of the three I like Metroid.

Sparda™

Half-Life, above average...?! o_O

Seriously, are you outdated or something?!

It's one of the most critically acclaimed videogames in history.

Samus has saved nine or ten. And she can do it in a matter of days per planet. I'm pretty sure Freeman can't compete with that...

Ridiculous.

That's why those games are flashy. They exaggerate technology to proportions of an unparalleled magnitude, where Half-Life is more near-future and more coherent.

Sparda™

Devil Bane;207991 said:
Yo Sparda...maybe,you picked the wrong part of post to concentrate your attention.

But anyway.

Just referred my reply to your words explicitly mentioning that Half-Life is above average like Halo. That's an insult to the series.

This thread doesn't even have a purpose. The Halo series are fail, therefore MC is fail.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well what's so wrong with Halo? I've got Halo 3 and enjoy playing it. What's so crap about the game, seriously?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
People,people...peace.Let's answer our minds on the matter of topic.

Sparda™;207993 said:
Just referred my reply to your words explicitly mentioning that Half-Life is above average like Halo. That's an insult to the series.

This thread doesn't even have a purpose. The Halo series are fail, therefore MC is fail.

Ok,I'm sorry,I just never knew half-life,I just said that so nobody is insulted.it back fired.Please don't pursue this further man.

And the most important thing : this is devilmaycry.org NOT gamefaqs.com/gamespot.com/4chan.Don't fall on their levels man.It is really bad.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I don't understand why so many people hate Halo. Is it just the way it looks? The goofyness? The army of joined alien races, or the space zombies? Is it gameplay? What is it, because it can't be the story. Halo's storyline kicks ass.

BUT! Take note, I'm not dissing Metroid or Half-Life. I especially love Half-Life, and even though I've never played much of Metroid, I'm not stupid. I know it's good too.

I don't know, I haven't ever really played a game that I just couldn't stand. I mean, I love Gears, Fear, DMC, Halo, Half-Life, Killzone, Burnout...I'll play just about anything aside from Sports games, and maybe Fallout 3 (And no. I love Fallout. It's just that Fallout 3 is slow to me. I find it difficult to play games like it and Elder Scrolls. Not RPGS in general...but RPGs done by Bethesda...)

Perhaps the only game that I've played that I honestly hate is Dark Void. That game seemed like another generic third person shooter, just with a jetpack. But away from that.

I honestly believe that, even though I've hardly played Metroid, Samus would win. Just because of the same reasons stated above, and one more added reason. Samus is what...two times as fast as the Chief? Speed beats toughness any day.

So rah, I'm sorry Chief, but you lose, even though I love you. XD

Keaton

Premium
Hm. Interesting discussion here ^_^

See, while I've always kept open minded, I've always felt some resentment towards the Halo series (except Halo ODST). I find it dull to fight as a walking refrigerator, and that's pretty much it. In the Metroid series you're not lead to believe that you're god, or some kind of one woman killing machine but just one person scarred by tragedy. Samus does what she can to the fullest extent and while she may have a suit of armour alike Master Chief, its not quite so glorified or worshipped.

Also, the one MAJOR bug about Halo, in my books is the online play.
Alike nearly every FPS that involves people on the internet you have two types of people, the newbies and the veterans. The veterans kill the newbies without a second thought and I prefer to take my Multiplayer with a side-order of fairness. Afterall, shooting fish in a barrel isn't very fun =p STS.

I would side here with Samus, not because I prefer the Metroid Series, but because she has an array of weapons and lock-on homing missles that freeze you. =p

As for Half-Life curveball that SpardaTM decided to throw...I prefer the HL series > the aforementioned ones, but this isn't about Half-Life =p Throwing in a Sci-Fi character from near-future into a battle with two sci-fi characters from far-future is not only unbalanced but hard to even begin to weigh up =p

I'll raise you one Captain Shepard with a Portal Gun =p

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Bah, the answer to bad multiplayer is to go play something elses multiplayer. I don't generally buy games for MP anyway.

Top Bottom