• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sales Thread

GF9000000Returns

Hey guys, how's it been? Yeah.... I haven't been around much cuz I wanted to avoid spoilers, and because I had school and work. I'm now on mission 6. Anways back on topic, here are some proof.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23/this-week-in-sales-dmc-devil-may-cry/

http://www.vgchartz.com/ (check the US and UK section and add them together)

We should celebrate because DmC OFFICIALLY SOLD ALMOST 500,000 IN ITS PREMIERE WEEK!! Anyways, let's talk about how the sales are gonna be this week or in the future.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This is a goos start. Now it remains to be seen if sales will trickle off after the initial release, or be lower but keep steady. I'm hoping they keep steady.

m100t8s

It seems it will sell about 1 million units, But it looks like it won't sell 2 million units, Capcom will consider DmC as failure.

GF9000000Returns

It seems it will sell about 1 million units, But it looks like it won't sell 2 million units, Capcom will consider DmC as failure.

I think it might sell another 500,000 after this week. Many of people that I know including some co-workers brought it this week (and half of them were skeptical like some people are here).

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
If it's hitting 500,000 units a week, then if that trend continues, by the time the financial year ends, capcom will have close to it's expected number.

Martius

SSSmokin!
I have no idea about US, but for UK after one week reboot sales were 1/3 of dmc4 after one week, in Japan it was half of dmc4 sales after week.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm just preying that DmC does well here in America. I recently got the new xbox last night along with DmC, and I have to say I am impressed. I've been having so much fun and its amazing to see how the new Dante is changing and developing as a character. I love the game and the graphics are amazing, hard to tell that it even runs at 30 fps. All in all I am ever impressed and I still crave for the new dlc coming up. I just hope that Capcom decides to let NT handle the sequel, I'd hate to see these new characters go down the drain.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Do we have total North American sales yet, or just US? Canada is a decent factor in there... In fact...where are the EU numbers? So far, i've only seen UK on it's own

Kishido

Hunter
Awesome to know and evne more awesome if people take into account that gaming market isn't as good as it was at the premier of the new consoles + a lot of casual people were turned off by DMC4 with all the backtracking

Still they won't reach the 2 million

majeh116

Yeah it won't sell 2 mill something that should help the sales stay steady (at least for one more week) is the pc version being released so everyone who held off for that one is getting it now.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
well although the first few waves of sales start out great that doesn't mean it will keep up, so people really should not be getting their hopes up.

After all, recently RE6's sales have started to drop by 11% since their initial sales and now Capcom is pretty sure it will not hit their goals.

Its entirely likely the same could happen with DmC, although its not certain.

Zato-OW

King
I've always said that this game isn't gonna do more then 1.3million. I'm pretty sure its not. I personally think this game will get just under 1million sales. DMC4 had a lot of hype in it even though it wasn't as good as the last it still had a good amount of hype and sold well. DmC doesn't have they type of hype DMC4 had. Look at this forum for an example. I was around during the DMC4 era(before it was released) and it was filled with members everyday back then and now you can see the big difference. That just goes to show the type of hype DmC doesn't have compared to the last DMC game. I guess the members who were actually around during that time will know what I'm talking about.

majeh116

I've always said that this game isn't gonna do more then 1.3million. I'm pretty sure its not. I personally think this game will get just under 1million sales. DMC4 had a lot of hype in it even though it wasn't as good as the last it still had a good amount of hype and sold well. DmC doesn't have they type of hype DMC4 had. Look at this forum for an example. I was around during the DMC4 era(before it was released) and it was filled with members everyday back then and now you can see the big difference. That just goes to show the type of hype DmC doesn't have compared to the last DMC game. I guess the members who were actually around during that time will know what I'm talking about.
I agree I think it will sell about as well as Bayonetta did.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yeah I highly doubt it will sell 2million, I also doubt Capcom actually believes it will, they have enough analysis people who can tell them the myriad reason this game will likely not reach that number. On a positive not I don't think this game costed as much to produce as DMC4

Mystiq Doom

VGChartz are always garbage. Wait for the NPD numbers.

It's funny because I was just watching Pach Attack (Michael Pachter's show on GT) and he was just talking about the NPD, and how it doesn't include digital downloads. That would be knowledge only known by Capcom/Sony/Microsoft. So Capcom might say goals were hit even if the NPD numbers don't add to that total.

Top Bottom