• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Saddest gaming moments

VincentChaos1

There have only been a handful of games with moments that have actually made me sad. I'm not the emotional type AT ALL so those are very special moments. These moments(no particular order) include:
-Virgil "dies" (Devil May Cry 3)
-Shadow's past is revealed (Sonic Adventure 2) *the gameplay kinda sucked but Shadow's past was just like Final Fantasy type sad*
-Aeris dies (Final Fantasy VII) *duh*
-Zack Fair dies (Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core)
... the list goes on.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Great thread, VincentChaos1. I'd love to know what everyone's saddest gaming moments might be (not because I'm sadistic or anything - just curious!) :p

Mine would be:

1. Aeries' death in Final Fantasy VII
2. Auron's farewell in Final Fantasy X
3. Tidus's farewell in Final Fantasy X
4. Pretty much every single 'memory' sequence story in Lost Odyssey
5. I forget what its official title is, but the standard ending for Silent Hill 6. I think it's the one called "In Water" whereby James Sunderland realises what he's done and kills himself by walking into the Silent Hill Lake.
The Final Fantasy series' storylines are just depressing in general... ^_^

The Lost Odyssey dream sequences are just incredible. Very saddening, but incredible pieces of writing.

Can't really remember any more.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ I'll second the Dream Sequences in Lost Odyssey, all of them really got to me, whoever wrote those is a genius, amazing writing, very touching and saddening.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I know exactly what you mean, AC. The first dream sequence that occurs in Lost Odyssey has to be my favourite so far.
The one where Kaim visits the comatose girl in the hotel, over the course of several years and, despite the girl being in a coma, continues to tell her about the adventures of his travels and how war has changed him.
I can't remember the girls name - I believe it's something along the lines of Myra - but that honestly had me close to tears; it actually reminded a lot of how my mother passed away and when the sad, moody music started playing... I just thought "Oh, crap! Don't cry, don't cry!" :lol: My wife was asleep on the sofa at the time but when she woke up I couldn't stop talking about how beautifully written and well-executed the dream sequence was. I urged my wife to start playing Lost Odyssey after that!

I also especially liked the old shoe maker/cobbler story sequence. Possibly my second favourite of the dreams.

Man, I really wanna play some more Lost Odyssey now. ^_^

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
The absolute saddest gaming moment for me is probably when the player finds out what really happened to James's wife in Silent Hill 2, as well as when we hear Mary reading the letter at the end. :( Also, from Silent Hill 3, when Heather returns to her apartment
to find her father (Harry from the first game) dead.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
devilmaycry;99790 said:
I know exactly what you mean, AC. The first dream sequence that occurs in Lost Odyssey has to be my favourite so far.
The one where Kaim visits the comatose girl in the hotel, over the course of several years and, despite the girl being in a coma, continues to tell her about the adventures of his travels and how war has changed him.
I can't remember the girls name - I believe it's something along the lines of Myra - but that honestly had me close to tears; it actually reminded a lot of how my mother passed away and when the sad, moody music started playing... I just thought "Oh, crap! Don't cry, don't cry!" :lol: My wife was asleep on the sofa at the time but when she woke up I couldn't stop talking about how beautifully written and well-executed the dream sequence was. I urged my wife to start playing Lost Odyssey after that!

I also especially liked the old shoe maker/cobbler story sequence. Possibly my second favourite of the dreams.

Man, I really wanna play some more Lost Odyssey now. ^_^

;_; I actually cried at that Dream Sequence, it was really sad, the whole game itself is quite heart warming, the storyline is very intuitive and the gameplay is enjoyable, while my history with JRPGs has never been favourable, this one changed my mind.

The Dream Sequences pretty much sold it for me, especially that first one, it was the most saddening of the lot.

Personally, the one I liked best was this one.

That one where it described Kaim being imprisoned in that place devoid of all light, meeting that man, how all he wanted was to see the world once more, only to be let into the light and then blinded permanently, I could probably describe it better, but you should know what I mean, that one was a real tear jerker.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I will have to agree with Angelo and Steve, the dream sequences and some moments in Lost Odyssey are very well done.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Ah man. Zack's death hit home a lot more after playing 20+ hours with him as a main character hacking and slashing through the game listening to an amazing sound track. His death was done amazingly well also, Square Enix handled it perfectly, a great send off.

Aerith's death was already sad for me, as I leveled her up the most because she had good limits only to have her die. Yeah...I wasn't happy.

Auron and Tidus' farewell in 10 was sad as well, Square just play the story perfectly...

Curse

Cursed Girl
hm
probably Drakengard
the whole game is one sad story
i mean in each ending there was a death, even in the final one, the whole sotry is sad T_T
i cried crocadile tears in this game
then it was to be the ff series there were rly heart braking moments in all of them, which did make me shed a tear or two ^^

Top Bottom