• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sad Game Endings.

CloudStryker

Surviving
Thought I'd do this due to one reason and one reason only.
I just completed FF VII Crisis Core (again) and was almost crying (again).

So i thought I'd ask what game/s you think ended quite emotionally?

P.S WHY ZACK, WHY!!

Meg

I agree, Why Zack why!!!! :( :( The ending to Prince of Persia (the stand alone game) has a sad ending to that I HATED!

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
it wasn't at the very end but on star wars bounty hunter it was sad

when roz was dead she made a message for u when u were about to go into the bando gora tombs

she says "quick montross just landed

i'll have to give him something the wrong moon perhaps slow him down

good bye jango"

and thats the last u hear of her after all she's done:(

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
the games where u get to the last mission and lose all your freinds are the sad ones

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Final Fantasy X. Tidus fades away. :( I had a lump in my throat throughout that whole scene!

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
I cried at the end of Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... Both games gotten to my heart... :(

Keaton

Premium
I recently beat inFamous (PS3) and thought that it had a pretty sad ending really...

MAJOR SPOILERS within...

Since Coles nemesis was his future self who travelled back in time to mold Cole into a hero capable of destroying a future evil. Coles future self even killed the love of his life in the process, attempting to strip Cole of all emotional 'hindrances'. Such a 'comic-book' plot, but a sad one all the same. ^^

Meg

Keaton;230111 said:
I recently beat inFamous (PS3) and thought that it had a pretty sad ending really...

MAJOR SPOILERS within...

Since Coles nemesis was his future self who travelled back in time to mold Cole into a hero capable of destroying a future evil. Coles future self even killed the love of his life in the process, attempting to strip Cole of all emotional 'hindrances'. Such a 'comic-book' plot, but a sad one all the same. ^^

Gah! I forgot about that. I thought the ending was pretty epic, but also so sad. The squeal is gonna be awesome.

Arthur567

Gunslinger
sad ending? well i think it would be the ending to Halo 3, when Master Chief asks Cortana to wake him up when she needs him, and then they play that sad piano music in the menu.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
That scene was actually pretty sad. I'm not going to go with a game ending for this one, but in Gears of War 2 when Dom finds his wife...that scene was epic and sad in so many ways. And yes, I did shed a tear.

aka958

Don't trust people
Sad ending?

Crisis core wins, by a longshot. Zack did not deserve to die! Why couldn't Cloud die? Noooooooooo!!!

Final Fantasy X, DT said it all, nothing to add.

Ehh...
Come on! I should have more... Nope, but it takes time to check my whole game database, maybe I'll be back with an another game or two.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Metal Gear Solid 4

I actually went into that game having shut down any manly instinct to hold back tears. I blubbered like a baby all the way through and I loved every second of it.

Heavy Rain is definitely up there as well.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm a steely, battle hardened, Space Marine excuse for a man! I'm a man's man! I'm a man's man's man! I'm a manly man! Games don't make me cry!

Wait, no, tell a lie. almost every bad ending to the first Drakengard had me on the verge of tears, especially the one where Caim is forced to fight and kill Angelus after he turns into the Chaos Dragon.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^...Damn.Forgot Drakengard and the new game,Nier.The team has a great knack for sad and dark ARPGS.

And no offense mr.Credo,you are NOT a manly man...yet.If you want to become one,train yourself in a deadly kung-fu martial arts,get bullet-like scars in your chest and start killing people with your finger while posing and uttering : "You...are already dead!"

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about :

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fist_of_the_north_star/

Just in case you need more manliness :

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/jojo_s_bizarre_adventure/

The first three parts only,the rest isn't that manly,but keeps it's awesome.

Top Bottom