• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Running simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
if DmC does well then they will adopt the DmC reboot as contiunity to replace the old one. But would you guys want them to have both contuinity running simultaneusly. like capcom japan making a classic dmc game one year while nt does a DmC game another year.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think that sounds like a splendid idea. Kill two birds with one stone that way, and it gives both sides what they like while raking in a crapton of money for Capcom.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
That does sound good.

But I doubt it would ever happen.

Capcom just seems to lazy as of late.

Instead of actually addressing the unanswered questions in the series by making DMC5 they instead decide to take the easy way out and hit the reboot button.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
if DmC does well then they will adopt the DmC reboot as contiunity to replace the old one. But would you guys want them to have both contuinity running simultaneusly. like capcom japan making a classic dmc game one year while nt does a DmC game another year.
I would certainly entertain this idea. First, Capcom could fix the issues with the existing DMC series. NT, as long as they don't learn from Capcom, should hopefully be able to piece together a well thought out storyline. As long as game quality doesn't suffer, I'd by both.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah this would definitely be a good idea for capcom, because most of the old DMC (notice im not saying true DMC fans, because im a true DMC fan and i am really liking the new one) fans will want to continue the more japanese influenced series, and the newcomers that begin the series with the reboot will want the reboot series to continue, however this might split the DMC community in half (old DMC fans, new DMC fans)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
:eek: i thought i was going to see DmC running side by side DMC4 or something.....:(

and yea, that would be nice of capcom to do.
I just dont think in their up coming schedule there is anytime though.
Maybe there will be one in the future (hopefully not at a 25th anniversery) but
maybe if the DmC fails and they have faith still with the DMC series.
Because with hopefully, the DMC HD collection on its way, its a way to keep things
a bit more interesting. I mean honestly.. beating all 3 games over again, and again, and again......ect.............
will be more than enough time to either salvage whats left of DmC if it fails
If DmC is actually a decent enough game with gameplay, story, art direction, music and difficulty, well
then i would expect for a sequel of DmC 2

-pUnkR0CK-

Asmodaius

That does sound good.

Instead of actually addressing the unanswered questions in the series by making DMC5 they instead decide to take the easy way out and hit the reboot button.

You make it sound like that making a reboot is the easy thing to do which is not the case.
With a reboot they have to start all over. By continueing the game, they would just build on the already existing game series. Making a reboot is not the lazy thing to do, as it takes alot more work to do than just making the next game in the series.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
You make it sound like that making a reboot is the easy thing to do which is not the case.
With a reboot they have to start all over. By continueing the game, they would just build on the already existing game series. Making a reboot is not the lazy thing to do, as it takes alot more work to do than just making the next game in the series.

But Capcom have taken the easy lazy route. They hired another company to make it which is a lot easier than if they made a sequel themselves (and wouldn't cost as much) and all they have to do is either say yes or no to NTs concepts.

Also if this game bombs they can (and will) just blame NT. Capcom took a big risk doing this reboot and I'm sure they had this planned as a failsafe. That way if it is successful they will reap the benefits and if it's not, hey they weren't the ones making it.

But Capcom have taken the easy lazy route. They hired another company to make it which is a lot easier than if they made a sequel themselves (and wouldn't cost as much) and all they have to do is either say yes or no to NTs concepts.

Also if this game bombs they can (and will) just blame NT. Capcom took a big risk doing this reboot and I'm sure they had this planned as a failsafe. That way if it is successful they will reap the benefits and if it's not, hey they weren't the ones making it.
Even though I hate to hear how Capcom is lazy doing the reboot, I must completely agree with you SS because that is indeed one hell of a fact :cool:.
But also I think at least NT is making some efforts in making the game so we (I) have the reason to be optimistic for now.

SpawnShooter

Even though I hate to hear how Capcom is lazy doing the reboot, I must completely agree with you SS because that is indeed one hell of a fact :cool:.
But also I think at least NT is making some efforts in making the game so we (I) have the reason to be optimistic for now.

I completely agree NT are trying very hard, but I think they are fighting a losing battle.

I personally don't particularly like NT and as company and games developer, but it's a shame to see a company in their position as a scapegoat receiving all the hate when it would have been Capcoms original idea and would have approached them with the project and as a small unsuccessful company what choice do they have but to accept it.

Unless this games release greatly exceeds the forcasted results I can see it being the end of NT.

I completely agree NT are trying very hard, but I think they are fighting a losing battle.

I personally don't particularly like NT and as company and games developer, but it's a shame to see a company in their position as a scapegoat receiving all the hate when it would have been Capcoms original idea and would have approached them with the project and as a small unsuccessful company what choice do they have but to accept it.

Unless this games release greatly exceeds the forcasted results I can see it being the end of NT.
Game was badly received by the major part of the fanbase but you must take the fact it could also attract new fans.
We'll see......when the game's out we'll see everything.
The game is improving as new trailers are out and nobody can deny that, Dante's look certainly aren't as disturbing as before (which is not to my liking :( :p)
Youtube videos comments are not only hate messages now, people actually tend to give a shot at this game.

rogue_devil

That does sound good.

i agree i think capcom toke the easy way out,no one can say with a straight face that NT is better developer than capcom,i think capcom got a lot on there hands at the moment(i dont think its because they're lazy)and i still think its more of new IP than devil may cry.
i dont think they will continue with 2 games its one or the other,if DmC sales are not like DMC 4 i think they get back to the original.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No thanks, I'm not into that idea at all. I'll tell you why. I don't like the idea of there being two games with the same character. Whether or not DmC is canon to DMC or not, they are still using DMC Dante are they not? Whether it's canon or not, it still feels like DMC or at least tries to feel like it. So essentially, having two gaming Series out that are in essence the same thing, but just two Companies take on the same guy is something I'm not wanting to see.

What would of suited me is if Capcom answered the questions beforehand, before Ninja Theory went ahead and did this. Don't 'Reboot' or 'Restart' anything before you've actually finished it. As lots of people have said, it was Capcom taking the lazy way out. And if it does fail, they will blame Ninja Theory. But guess what Capcom, it'll be you to blame.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

IMO it is the easy move.

Because now they do not have to think of how to fix their mistakes.

Now they can come up with all new ideas and storyline plots.

Also the fact that now NT has been handed the series makes it alot easier on themselves since Capcom was the one making the DMC games beforehand.

Asmodaius

If people blame NT if this turns out to be a failure, then they have put the blame on the wrong people. This is Capcom's move to begin with, so no matter how it ends, it will be Capcom's fault. NT is clearly doing the best they can to make this a good game, and they do have support from Capcom so it will be how they envisioned it.

That's how I see it anyways.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If people blame NT if this turns out to be a failure, then they have put the blame on the wrong people. This is Capcom's move to begin with, so no matter how it ends, it will be Capcom's fault. NT is clearly doing the best they can to make this a good game, and they do have support from Capcom so it will be how they envisioned it.

That's how I see it anyways.

Yea if this game fails I am definitely placing some of the blame on Capcom as well.

They are the ones who handed this well established series to a developer like NT which IMO does not have the best reputation with games.

They also where the ones the urged NT to change Dante so freaken radically.

So yea Capcom will deserve alot of the blame.

But NT still would deserve some to since they are the ones making the story and gameplay themselves.

Even if Capcom is lending them some supervision.

SpawnShooter

Yea if this game fails I am definitely placing some of the blame on Capcom as well.

They are the ones who handed this well established series to a developer like NT which IMO does not have the best reputation with games.

They also where the ones the urged NT to change Dante so freaken radically.

So yea Capcom will deserve alot of the blame.

But NT still would deserve some to since they are the ones making the story and gameplay themselves.

Even if Capcom is lending them some supervision.

This.

It will be 50/50. If this game turns out bad it, NT will still be at fault for making a bad game. Not to mention their PR over the past few months.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ninja Theory will be the ones to blame for making a bad game, but not a bad Devil May Cry game. Devil May Cry is Capcom's responsibility, always has been since the start. Doesn't matter who they 'hand' it to, it all amounts to them in the end. The only area I'd say Ninja Theory would be at fault is if it's a bad game overall. Just basically meaning, if it isn't very good. If this didn't have Dante in it and wasn't called DmC, then Ninja Theory would be to blame for developing a bad game. But it does have those things in it because that's what Capcom told them to do, so it isn't Ninja Theory's fault.

Meg

On one condition.

The games would not be like Call of Duty and come out every year, one being made by NT(or whoever) and the next year by Capcom. That would kill off the series way to fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom