• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour : Devil May 5 to be announced at TGS 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Yeeeah. I seriously doubt this is real. There's to many things wrong with that rumor to be any true. I think the website that said it first just wants people to go to it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;268456 said:
Yeeeah. I seriously doubt this is real. There's to many things wrong with that rumor to be any true. I think the website that said it first just wants people to go to it.

Seconded. It screams "fake" to me.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Like the others said, I highly doubt that rumour is true. If is true, good. It is not, we have to wait for an official announcement on DMC5.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
And just when I was getting used to the idea of Ninja Theory taking DMC...anyway, yeah, I actually don't ttust this rumor too much. We'll see.

darkslayer101

its definitely screams fake to me....ima gonna stick with gameinformer confirming Ninja theory involvment...wat if xboxixi did stumble upon some DMC related news (like DMC5 announcement in TGS) and just added "no ninja theory involvment" just to get some attention...
after all gameinformer has much credibility than some random website that i have never heard of
i really hope they announce next DMC at TGS...just a confimation would be nice

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
This is pretty fake....Cause I keep checking the updates on G4 and nothing...but you never know, also that pic makes it seem fake to me. since its dmc 3, Dante

Vampi

Just because they used an old pic of Dante doesn't mean the rumor is true or not. They're obviously not gonna show the new Dante cause Capcom hasn't revealed DMC 5 so far and if they did they would want a publication to pay for the exclusive world debut of it.

And G4 for info? LOL. Go to Kotaku, N4G.com or even 1up or Game Informer sites for info.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ If they were to use a pic of Dante wouldn't it be of DMC4 Dante? It'd make the most sense, and probably look more legit anyway. Using a pic of DMC3 to announce DMC5...well, that can't be good because all I think is WTF ARE THEY DOING? Going back in time AGAIN? Can we move FORWARD, please?!

Anyway. Though that article might be fake, TGS is our last hope for any news of DMC5 this year. Does anyone know the exact dates, or whether they're going to stream it live? I know it's mid to end September but I want to catch this.

Vampi

They use DMC 2 Dante's photo alot. It doesn't matter the photo. It's just showing the article is about DMC. The photo has nothing to do with it.

And i don't think there is a stream, not that i know of anyway. But i'm sure Gametrailers will have a trailer if there's one available. Maybe not Direct Feed but they sumtimes get it through cam. And of course, a high profile title like DMC is going to be on every gaming site. So really a stream isn't really that necessary.

darkslayer101

Chloe_Ryder;268608 said:
^ If they were to use a pic of Dante wouldn't it be of DMC4 Dante? It'd make the most sense, and probably look more legit anyway. Using a pic of DMC3 to announce DMC5...well, that can't be good because all I think is WTF ARE THEY DOING? Going back in time AGAIN? Can we move FORWARD, please?!

Anyway. Though that article might be fake, TGS is our last hope for any news of DMC5 this year. Does anyone know the exact dates, or whether they're going to stream it live? I know it's mid to end September but I want to catch this.

they used dmc4 pic in the original article from Mr.Xboxic

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Here's the actual article at Xboxic.com: http://www.xboxic.com/news/6536

The "file" wasn't really a file at all. They say in the article that they really got an insider to leak the info, but they're protecting the person by saying the info is from a "file" they found.

I'm not so cynical about it's authenticity. Is it so hard to believe that a person who has inside info is telling people on the outside about DMC 5 news? I don't think so. Stuff like this happens all the time...

Guess we'll find out next month what's up with this "rumor."

aoshi

Great.. another speculation. Why can't capcom jus release a teaser or logo if one was in the making? I remember we had a logo way before DMC 4 was released.I guess good news is yet to be confirmed.

Meg

Maybe DMC5 is gonna be really different or even just a much bigger game, so they want to build up to it? Or maybe they just like watching us suffer?

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Not much of a rumor monger either and I'm trying my best not to get my hopes up for TGS having some DMC news. (Sorta failin' there, though now that its right 'round the corner.)

At any rate, this has just as much chance of being true and authentic as the Ninja Theory rumor GI typed up that's been recycled and spread about all over. :p

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;268715 said:
Maybe DMC5 is gonna be really different or even just a much bigger game, so they want to build up to it? Or maybe they just like watching us suffer?

I think it's a given DMC5 is going to be completely different, if they stick to tradition that is.
What I really wanted to say is, yeah, I think you're onto something with the suffering thing.
As Stan would say "those bastards!"

Anyway, I'm one of the few who will admit I've got my hopes up for something about DMC5 at TGS. And I'm pretty sure everyone else on this forum has a little hope too, and if not, just wait until TGS rolls around.

King of Hell

Must Die
it could be true, maybe the person who leaked the info is a personal friend/an old friend, it could be fake too, so I wouldn't rule out anything.

but I'd be pleased if it wouldn't be developed by Ninja theory, I don't have faith in them sticking to the series formula. what was confirmed is that Ninja theory is developing an action game published by capcom, so everyone guessed that it could be DMC. it was never confirmed that Ninja theory is working on DMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom