• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumor: Capcom Working on Resident Evil 2 HD. Slated for September 2015

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
97d987363fe63c4fd6af306d4ce1e151_L.jpg

While news of a Resident Evil remastered gave us a pleasant surprise, some devoted fans have discovered something much bigger. According to this forum post, Resident Evil 2 HD is also happening and will be released September 2015. One user managed to take a screenshot of the webpage.

Ms9udyZ.png

Though the the links are down, others were able to validate this as real. Adding to that many other users have discovered a listing on Amazon as well, retailing for $60. Links to that page have also sadly been removed. Personally I'm not quite sure if this legit at all. The graphics seems very cheezy and can easily be made in 10 minutes using Photoshop. Still the idea of having an RE 2 remake has been requested a lot by fans and seeing as how RE 1 is getting the remaster treatment, I don't see why 2 doesn't get one as well.

Thumbnail based on RE 2 HD Reborn fan project.

Source: http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/i...dent-evil-2-hd-slated-for-september-2015.html

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
The posting on the official site could be meant as a way to gauge people's reactions... but I dunno. In any case, it seems improbable someone tried to prank us... because first of all it's not a good prank, and second, it would be very hard for a Capcom employee to just post something like this.
Yeah, it's probably going to happen. I think RE2 is the best RE, so I'm stoked!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I somehow doubt the REmake 2 will have as much detail as the original REmake, the REmake tried to scare fans again by slightly changing the scares.
For example in the original RE on PS1, when you walked down that hallway the Cerberus would break through the windows.
In the REmake when you walk down the hallway, you fully expect the Cerberus to break through, but they don't and you start to feel nervous as this isn't normal to you.

I doubt Capcom will put that much passion into the REmake 2 because Capcom has no passion for good games these days, they only care about the money.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Heres hoping Capcom surprises the naysayers this time around.

I get the distrust for Capcom these days, but it would be REALLY hard for them to actually f&*ked something like this up, its just a remake, all the basis for the game are already there, all they have to do is update all the new graphics and maybe add some new elements into it similar to the Trevor Storyline in REremake and the Crimson heads.

Really no way to mess anything up really considering the story and the basis and setting for the game are already mapped out, all they have to do is update it.

I could understand the skepticism if they where making a all new Resident Evil game from the ground up with new story and everything.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If the REmake 2 has the fixed camera angles and pre-rendered backgrounds then it'll show they're doing the right thing.
People complain about the camera angles and such but they are actually important to the atmosphere of the games, in RE1, 2, 3 & CVX you often couldn't see what was around corners or even in front of you thanks to the camera angles, which added to the tension.
If in RE2 you have the over the shoulder cam and say you're in the police station hallway where the licker shows up, you can just sidestep around the corner into view and stay on alert, which kills the tension.
Or even that part on the train where you face G-Birkin, if you have over the shoulder cam you'll be able to see him standing on top of the train the whole time and him throwing down the pipe will have no surprise.
The over the shoulder cam is a sh*t idea for a RE2 remake, the only way it would work is if they completely redid the scares, enemy placement and basically the whole game, which would ruin it.

Top Bottom