• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Set During the American Revolution

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
assassins-creed-3.jpg

Teaser image (could be a fan-made image):

Source: http://games.hdblog.it/2011/10/03/a...e-2012-si-concludera-la-storyline-di-desmond/

The next Assassin's Creed game might be headed to American soil, according to a new, unconfirmed report from CVG.It pegs the forthcoming Assassin's Creed III — or whatever Ubisoft will call this year's planned installment — as set during the American Revolution.
CVG cites "a source close to the project" who reportedly also reveals that the next major Assassin's Creed will be unveiled by March 31.
Ubisoft has said the follow-up to Assassin's Creed: Revelations will be "the biggest to date" and that Assassin's Creed III would feature a "new setting, [and] new hero."
The publisher-developer has solicited user feedback on the future direction of the series, according to an alleged marketing research survey. One of the possible locations and time periods under consideration was "the confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during the American Revolution of the XVIII century."
According to Assassin's Creed canon, American Revolution commander-in-chief George Washington was one of the many owners of a Piece of Eden, having possessed an Apple of Eden in 1781.
Thoughts, Assassin's Creed fans? Does the American Revolution and its many conflict opportunities interest you, in terms of stabbing people in the throat?
CVG:Assassin's Creed heads to American Revolution – Rumour

Source: Side Mission » Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Set During the American Revolution

Meg

I hope not. I want to see ACIII star Desmond in modern times. Good find though.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Let Desmond be a badass for once or he will once again be in the shadow of his ancestors.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Mmmm AC during the American Revoloution?? Yea, I dont really like that, imo :/ I cant see an AC game during times like that >.< just sayin.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
If I was Desmond, I'd feel useless. It's like showing you all the time that your ancestors are super-special-awesome while all you ever did in your life was caught by a mad organization because you had a motorcycle guilty pleasure, and keep running for the rest of your life while getting to sleep and watch the awesomeness of your ancestor's again and again and again. Even your skills are not yours, but the ones from your ancestors due to the bleeding effect.

Anyway, I'd still buy it if I ever find money:p

Reactions: Meg

Meg

If it helps, considering the fact that the teaser says "Paris July 1789", which is the year the French Revolution started, the new game might not take place during the American Revolution. :p In fact I doubt it considering the Treaty of Paris was signed in 1783. Just saying. :p

Assuming the teaser is legitimate...

P.S. Sorry for not pointing that out earlier, I had to double check the dates.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Image is fanmade, saw that late 2010 with a supposed release date of fall 2011, plus it doesn't relate to the American Revolution anyway, rather the French, 1789's when the French Revolution started.

Anyway, even if it does come to fruition, I'd rather it didn't, the Assassin's Creed series really needs to be laid to rest, just let Desmond tie everything up like everybody's expecting at this point.
Don't get me wrong, I like the games, but Ubi's dragged this on much longer than they've needed to by now.

Meg

Image is fanmade, saw that late 2010 with a supposed release date of fall 2011, plus it doesn't relate to the American Revolution anyway, rather the French, 1789's when the French Revolution started.

Anyway, even if it does come to fruition, I'd rather it didn't, the Assassin's Creed series really needs to be laid to rest, just let Desmond tie everything up like everybody's expecting at this point.
Don't get me wrong, I like the games, but Ubi's dragged this on much longer than they've needed to by now.
Agreed. Even though I like Revelations it didn't really need to be made. The new gameplay stuff they added like the bombs and den defense were dumb and the story boring as hell. I would of preferred the tiny bit of story that Revelations had just be in AC: Brotherhood and then make ACIII. Considering how ACB is shorter than ACII they could of fit the whole "revelations" bit into it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I heard rumours a while ago that it was more headed towards Japan and there are apparently hints towards it in past games too.

Top Bottom