• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Robocop 2014

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I actually thought that silver and black Robosuit was very good and was basically the iconic Robocop gone modern in a good way, but then the jet black suit showed up and all went downwards from there, the real life hand, no Auto 9 and normal human movements rather than the well done Peter Weller robotic movements.

KRSkull

I loved the design of the new suit. but the whole make it black and the helmet thing

if terminator and ironman had a kid and Batman and Dredd had a kid

and the two kids got together you get this robocop.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
I actually thought that silver and black Robosuit was very good and was basically the iconic Robocop gone modern in a good way, but then the jet black suit showed up and all went downwards from there, the real life hand, no Auto 9 and normal human movements rather than the well done Peter Weller robotic movements.
he still looks robotic IMO. but more Terminator kind of robotic movement.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
based on screen shots, i wasn't a huge fan, but i'm a bit more interested now
i'd buy that for a dollar

IncarnatedDemon

Even though i hate reboots in gaming , e.g i dont want Snake to ever be rebooted.
Or any other famous gaming character for that matter.

I am quite excited about this.
Plus rebooting in film is so common.

Though in my opinion they could have made a sequel, and that could work too.

EDIT:
Watched trailer,

doesnt look that entertaining. What a poor design if you ask me. And whats up with black colour?

Its stupid, Robocap is known for silver.
Having Black colour makes him look like some random roboatic or armour wearing character.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Doesn't look too bad. I watched Robocop a bit growing up so I'll probably give it a go. It does make sense to make it darker, since if it'd be easier working under the cover of night. But then why not make it that it changes silver in the day and black at night?

And I just saw this on tumblr :p
tumblr_msppp8tBOV1qfj0f8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_msppp8tBOV1qfj0f8o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_msppp8tBOV1qfj0f8o3_1280.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
He is a cyborg. he is supposed to move more like a human.

Peter Weller's performance as the original Robocop was so well done it actually made Robocop an actual f**king robot, it wasn't just some amateur in a bulky metal suit that made Robocop seem like a robot, that was all Weller, the way he moved his arms as he walked, the way he turned and walked, every single movement was done to seem robotic, so much effort was put into it and it was just so well done.
(MGM has been removing loads of Robocop clips from YT so this was the best one I could find)

Looking at the movements of this new Robocop, it's not robotic at all, he moves like it's nothing more than full body armor, there's nothing "machine" or Robo about it.

KRSkull

Looking at the movements of this new Robocop, it's not robotic at all, he moves like it's nothing more than full body armor, there's nothing "machine" or Robo about it.

Yes i agree with you. Peter Weller's performance was the best. but remember in the old Robocop movies they said that Alex was killed. but in the trailer of this movie they said "If he survived. he will be paralyzed from the waist down" so there is a possibility that he is still alive. and the suit is more like a powered exoskeleton that enables him to move.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Peter Weller's performance as the original Robocop was so well done it actually made Robocop an actual f**king robot, it wasn't just some amateur in a bulky metal suit that made Robocop seem like a robot, that was all Weller, the way he moved his arms as he walked, the way he turned and walked, every single movement was done to seem robotic, so much effort was put into it and it was just so well done.
(MGM has been removing loads of Robocop clips from YT so this was the best one I could find)

yeah, but kids today grew up watching **** like teen titans where cyborg moved pretty human like, and i'm guessing that they also grew up watching the transformers movies where they moved around pretty human like as well. and if they were lucky, their parent might have let them watch terminator. in terminator the robots are completely robotic, yet they move just like (if not better) than humans. so they wouldn't buy a guy walking around like he was doing the robot. keep in mind, this isn't aimed towards us. this is aimed towards kids. pretty much all action movies are these days.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
yeah, but kids today grew up watching **** like teen titans where cyborg moved pretty human like, and i'm guessing that they also grew up watching the transformers movies where they moved around pretty human like as well. and if they were lucky, their parent might have let them watch terminator. in terminator the robots are completely robotic, yet they move just like (if not better) than humans. so they wouldn't buy a guy walking around like he was doing the robot. keep in mind, this isn't aimed towards us. this is aimed towards kids. pretty much all action movies are these days.
Actually i think everyone has watched Robocop i mean who hasn't ?? its a timeless movie ! it doesn't matter if parents show the kids or not the kids will watch it on cable or internet anyway.

IMO trust me this movie will suck big time as an Ironman/Batman clone.

Top Bottom