• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rival/cWhat is Devil May Cry's biggest archompetitor?

Which is DMC' series biggest archrival/competitor

• God Of War

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • OTHER(Probably not worth playing)

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Vampi;269495 said:
You're really losing out on sum great games if you only stay loyal to one series. Capcom i'm sure does research and play other games so they can either implement it into their games or make it similar. You shouldn't dismiss these great games just because they don't have the DMC name, cause eventually DMC will borrow sumthing out of them.

DMC 1 is more Castlevania then any of the other DMC's. DMC can still learn alot from Castlevania's environments and boss battles.

If you seriously think DMC has no competition sooner or later (much sooner then you think) you're going to be up for a rude awakening. DMC combat is getting stale and its storyline is getting cliche and stupid. And bringing in a new character out of nowhere (Nero) is too much too soon without any gradual buildup.

As I said. Personal taste. It's not about loyalty at all. GOW will never be a match for DMC in this house as my hubby feels the same way about it. It just plain don't catch my fancy. So no, I don't think I'm missing out on games that I'd enjoy. I make no judgment on whether they are good or bad, but I know they just aren't for me. Bayonetta is still sitting its box neglected by us both, and NG is a game only my other half has bothered to play - and watching him do so, I know its not to my taste. So as far as competing for my attention with DMC, there's just no comparison.

To me, CV still stands in a world of its own. I'd happily get new editions of both series' and not feel like I'm playing the same game twice or nothin'. So again no comparison. :p

I really hope they don't try to make DMC like the other games mentioned here, cause as I've said, I don't like those other games. What you mistake as loyalty is actually my taste in video games. It'd likely cause me to drop the series that I like so much right now. If I wanted to play those other games, I would. ^^;

'Course, the way some of folks complain about it so much, I'm surprised the grumblers haven't dropped DMC in favor of the other titles mentioned. :/ I'd hate to see Capcom try to mimic the other games in order to keep the handful of folks that just rant and rail about everything they've done to DMC since the first one. I'm not without my gripes or "what'd they do that for" moments, but I still enjoy the games quite a bit. I see no reason to turn them into something else, cause so far to me, nothing else has come close to giving this series competition.

King of Hell

Must Die
the main reason God of War gets more attention is because its more consistent on quality & character personalities. when waiting for a DMC game, there's always this fear of having a bad DMC game, DMC2 sucked, & DMC4 had mixed reaction, & DMC3 had mixed to good reaction, the original is the only game that received critical acclaim AND financial success.
to add insult to injury, Dante has 4 different personalities, which is impossible for someone to have unless he's on crack. now if the series was faithful to the original from the start, I'm 100% sure it'd be the most popular action game, such a shame really, DMC is my favorite franchise.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
I say either God of War or Resident Evil are in my opinion is DMC's rival.God of War because the rivalry between the two has been going on forever.Resident Evil because they both are made by the same people and both are Capcom's most mature games.Also,both DMC and RE share plenty more things in common.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I'd have to say DMC's main competitors are NG & more importantly, Bayonetta...to me GOW doesn't compare, like but no comparison...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
To be actually fair to compare games,one has to look up the genre of the game.It is rather unfair/illogical sometimes to compare games that aren't even on the same genre.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Personally, I think the God of War series are Devil May Cry's series biggest competitor. Both games have unique sense of style, gameplay, story, etc. Plus, both series features hack and slash gameplay.

However, I prefer Devil May Cry series over God of War series (only slightly) because Devil May Cry games are harder and more challenging compared to God of War games. That is my own personal opinion.

Meg

I voted GoW. Its got to be the biggest game in the genre right now. Which bugs me because of the stupid content in it. >_<

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;269865 said:
I voted GoW. Its got to be the biggest game in the genre right now. Which bugs me because of the stupid content in it. >_<

:lol: Which content? The adult content, the Quick Time Event gameplay, or others?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
meg127;269865 said:

doubt it seein as its over n i dont think any demi-god could take on Zeus, pfft, not even Hades or Poseidon...and Apollo could've sniped him wit an arrow or six...

Meg

D.E.Mortal;270141 said:
doubt it seein as its over n i dont think any demi-god could take on Zeus, pfft, not even Hades or Poseidon...and Apollo could've sniped him wit an arrow or six...

There's a new GoW game coming to PSP. Not only that but you have to admit the amount of hype surrounding each new Gow is a lot bigger than a DMC game. And whose to say its over? They could very well make another game.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
meg127;270146 said:
There's a new GoW game coming to PSP. Not only that but you have to admit the amount of hype surrounding each new Gow is a lot bigger than a DMC game. And whose to say its over? They could very well make another game.

did they not learn their lesson wit da last one? who's he gonna kill this time?
yeesh...one more thing...y would they mention Morpheus n not even show him?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^You keep feeding violent-wanting,juvenile youths in the west[mainly the US] that think that : "violence is KEWLZ" and that everything revolves around the US and that whatever comes out of it and it's universities is the absolute truth.And the tragic thing is that it's not the kids fault but their parents[rare at times] and most of all the society and their educational system and the system in general...and this has started to spread to Europe too...

Not to say that all are like that.Here we have fine examples of brilliant thinkers and open-minded people.On gamefaqs and 4ch...2ch...whatever the hell it's called,we see the world's truth...or at least a big part of the western world's truth.

But to stay on topic : You have to admit that Sony and the studio that works on the GOW do two things that Capcom doesn't to earn the hype their series deseve as of latelly : 1)proper advertising and updating with info instead of making false claims and have others troll around and 2)stick to the game plan they present to the people.

As for the greek mythology and the whole "god could snap a demi-god etc" stuff : yeah,that might work on the unispired and overly gorey world of GOW where your point is to solve everything by killing each and every living being you don't like but it doesn't go like this.Not now,not ever and it never happened.There was no "ultimate being" in mythology and such crazy stuff and unlike barbarians and US presidents,the ancients had many more ways to solve their problems and overcome their trials other than "senseless violent and murder" followed by "my P0waz and w34p0nz pwn yourz!!111122!!1".Just take Ulesses for example.That guy was stalked by Poseidon for twelve long years because he saved his men and his life from Poseidon's son,Polyfemus[english SP?].When he ultimatelly decides to talk to the man and the two just fight,Ulesses ripped Poseidon not one,but FOUR new ones just using not only his skill and brain but with logical arguements that made the god feel shame for what he did.

I rest my case on GOW now and forever...whew...sorry for the rant,but it ****es me off that everything is "americanized" by the worst way possible.Especially something so great among others.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd probably have to say GoW. And considering the poll, I'm not the only one :lol:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Devil Bane;270172 said:
^You keep feeding violent-wanting,juvenile youths in the west[mainly the US] that think that : "violence is KEWLZ" and that everything revolves around the US and that whatever comes out of it and it's universities is the absolute truth.And the tragic thing is that it's not the kids fault but their parents[rare at times] and most of all the society and their educational system and the system in general...and this has started to spread to Europe too...

Not to say that all are like that.Here we have fine examples of brilliant thinkers and open-minded people.On gamefaqs and 4ch...2ch...whatever the hell it's called,we see the world's truth...or at least a big part of the western world's truth.

But to stay on topic : You have to admit that Sony and the studio that works on the GOW do two things that Capcom doesn't to earn the hype their series deseve as of latelly : 1)proper advertising and updating with info instead of making false claims and have others troll around and 2)stick to the game plan they present to the people.

As for the greek mythology and the whole "god could snap a demi-god etc" stuff : yeah,that might work on the unispired and overly gorey world of GOW where your point is to solve everything by killing each and every living being you don't like but it doesn't go like this.Not now,not ever and it never happened.There was no "ultimate being" in mythology and such crazy stuff and unlike barbarians and US presidents,the ancients had many more ways to solve their problems and overcome their trials other than "senseless violent and murder" followed by "my P0waz and w34p0nz pwn yourz!!111122!!1".Just take Ulesses for example.That guy was stalked by Poseidon for twelve long years because he saved his men and his life from Poseidon's son,Polyfemus[english SP?].When he ultimatelly decides to talk to the man and the two just fight,Ulesses ripped Poseidon not one,but FOUR new ones just using not only his skill and brain but with logical arguements that made the god feel shame for what he did.

I rest my case on GOW now and forever...whew...sorry for the rant,but it ****es me off that everything is "americanized" by the worst way possible.Especially something so great among others.

Wow...that's kind of insulting.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Devil Bane;270172 said:

BlueDevil;270487 said:
Wow...that's kind of insulting.

seriously...
can't we all just get along? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom